+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec CSQ Applicants in the USA

Jul 27, 2011
Hello everyone! :)

Good news... I received my "accusé de réception" (AOR) today, via email. I was hoping for the mythical brown envelope via snail mail, but alas -- email. Hey, I'll take it... :)

Dear Sadupops, regarding the French level, no disrespect intended... :) My biggest concern for myself was representing myself accurately, so that I couldn't be rejected or disqualified on the grounds of dishonesty. When we sign the actual application, we're signing under a paragraph, part of which states:

I declare that the information contained in this application and appended documents [...] is complete and accurate.

I understand that the MICC may:
– confirm, or have a third party confirm, the accuracy of information provided, and that I am breaking the law and am liable to a penalty if I
give the Minister, an inquiry officer or reviewer any information that I know [...] is false or misleading with respect to an application
for a selection certificate.
– reject any application that contains false or misleading information

I've often thought the same thing: "Why not state my level higher than it is, study French in the meantime while the file is being processed, and voilà: my new actual French level would match what I stated on the application last year when I sent it in..." However, I didn't feel comfortable gambling with something that I want so dearly: emigration and citizenship to Canada and Québec. It would be devastating if I was rejected for "misrepresenting" my French level, especially after the financial, time, and emotional investment. Speaking from a strictly technical / legal standpoint, if one states level 4 on a signed and dated application, but is not actually at a level 4 when it was signed and dated, that could easily fall within the category of "false or misleading" to a tough immigration agent.

To me, getting permanent residence (and eventually citizenship) in Canada would be the highest honor. Canada is a very special, unique place, and is NOT equally interchangeable with other industrialized countries (i.e. USA or Australia). IMHO, the only other countries that would even compare to Canada regarding that special "je ne sais quoi" loveliness would be the Scandinavian countries. In pursuing Canadian citizenship, I'm not simply "looking for greener pastures". I'm wanting to become part of a country whose values I admire: inclusion, stewardship, compassion, peace, freedom; respectable domestic policy and foreign policy. I want to live in a country where I can actually sing the national anthem with pride. No country is perfect, and no country could ever be "perfect" in the eyes of every citizen within that country, but Canada is among the closest one can get to that ideal here on Earth within my lifetime.

That's why I personally don't want to jeopardize my chances to get in. When Immigration Québec says "Jump!", I say "How high?!". Actually, I would say "What do you want me to jump out of? Off of? Into? You want my first-born son? You want all of my money? My blood? Okay, no problem. Done." ;) So, I admit... I'm neurotic, but highly motivated to do anything and everything to get to Canada. Technically, according to Immigration Québec, we are signing and dating that our application is as honest, accurate, and complete as possible at the time that we're turning it in. That is why I gave the advice I did. :)

sadupops

Jan 13, 2011
U.S
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
15-11-2010
I am not telling anyone to lie on their application. before you get points for each category you will need to show proof and if you can't prove it either in an interview or a certified document you loose those points. i wrote essays in both french and English and also sent my registration letter for my french course. i am just letting someone know what i did and it is up to them to do the same thing or not. To each his/her own. I am in the final stage of waiting to be interviewed. i succeeded that is ALL i am saying. you just got AOR.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
QuébécoiseHonoraire: I just wanted to say that I really enjoy the way your write :)

Anyway, I'm coming here from my usual Family Class hangouts just to take a peek and I'm thinkin', what are you guys on about. I didn't provide a scrap of documentation on my French and got my CSQ. I guess this is the difference between you guys in PNP and Family Class, n'est-ce pas?

Jul 27, 2011
Hi everyone! :)

Dear Ddobro2: Thank you for the gracious compliment about my writing/writing style! I see "dobro" in your profile name... You don't perchance play a dobro, do you? Because that would be remarkably cool... :) By the way, our immigration class (for many of us in this area) is the Québec version of the Federal Skilled Worker class, called -- not surprisingly -- the Québec Skilled Worker or Québec Permanent Worker class. Since we're applying under this class, we have to demonstrate that when we're plunged into the significantly francophone ocean of the Québec labor force, we stand a fighting chance of survival. :) Our ability to "survive" is evaluated according to various factors, one of which is knowledge of the French language. Knowledge of French becomes arguably more important if your education and experience are anything less than that of a tenured neurosurgeon. ;) (little joke... kind of...) So, for those of us stuck in this immigration class, French knowledge is a significant issue.

Dear Sadupops: Ouch!... Your stinging admonishment hurt me deeply! ;) Despite my "seeming righteousness", I completely concede that your way of doing things is much more logical and expeditious. And, for the record, I AM very jealous that you are farther along in this application process than I am! ;) Historically, however, I'm not exactly "lucky"... and if Immigration Québec investigates and rejects only ONE person per decade... most likely I would be that person. haha Don't mistake my fear of getting caught with a sense of angelic morality; if the stakes weren't so high, I would totally follow your lead! ;) No harm, no foul, okay? :)

Okay, take care everybody! :)

sheva84

Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/11
AOR Received.
03/11
Why applicant in USA are waiting 1 year to get their CSQ?

shootingstar

Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10/10/2013
Interview........
18/4/2013
sadupops said:
make sure you mark your french proficiency level at least at 4 and the register to take french classes
Hello sadupops!

I hve a question...You mentioned here that it is advisable to mark level 4 for french? any particular reason for this? I've actually marked 2 for the principal applicant/my spouse (just started learning French) and level 4 for me(DELF B1 passed)...I'm wondering if there are going to be issues for us because of the level 2?

shootingstar

Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10/10/2013
Interview........
18/4/2013
ddobro2 said:
QuébécoiseHonoraire: I just wanted to say that I really enjoy the way your write :)
I agree with you ddobro!
Quebeccpisehonoraire - love your posts! And congrats on the AOR!

mamakej

Sep 11, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HI,
I am glad to have found this topic. I am about to submit my application from Quebec.

shootingstar

Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10/10/2013
Interview........
18/4/2013
mamakej said:
HI,
I am glad to have found this topic. I am about to submit my application from Quebec.
Good Luck! Are you in the United States?

mamakej

Sep 11, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't know if this has been asked before, but if someone wants to apply from the US, do they have to be in status?

sheva84

Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/11
AOR Received.
03/11
yes You have to be in legal status

ekim8587

Aug 13, 2010
Connecticut, USA
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 2010
Nomination.....
14-03-2012
AOR Received.
Jan. 2011
Interview........
14-03-2012
I wish I could report some news here on my end, but still nothing! I've been good about updating Immigration Québec regarding my current life situations, for example returning to school and new internships. The website shows they are processing complete files from May 2010... hurry up!! ;)

Mailed: Oct 2010
AOR/File No. Issued: Jan 2011
Next step: ???

mamakej

Sep 11, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys, I need your help. I am getting ready to submit my application, but I wanted to know where did you get your documents notarized? Also where did you purchased your bank draft. Thanks.

axsultana

Aug 9, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-11-11
AOR Received.
12-12-11
Hi All,

I am a bit confused with CSQ process...Can anyone explain please???

I am seeing that : CSQ office is in Montreal and

Visa office is Buffalo,NY

Both require supporting documentation adn have seperate individual forms.....

Shall I send first to Montreal and wait to get CSQ and then after having selection

dispatch the second packet??

Please advise.....

Thanks!!!

???