+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec CSQ Applicants in the USA

quebechopefull

Star Member
Mar 21, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
To all those in the US who applied for Quebec CSQ, please share your timeline.

When did you receive AOR?

When did you receive letter indicating that your application is being processed, eligible for priority processing?

When did you receive a final decision either interview letter or CSQ?

Thanks so much for your time!!!

ton40

Star Member
Mar 3, 2010
You are right ;D It can't be only you :p
Me and my husband applied from the US on Jan-08-2010,
we received our AOR issued on Feb-06-2010
we received a perm 124b issued on May-31-2010 (this is a letter stating that our file is complete and we should wait for decision)
we are still waiting...

quebechopefull

Star Member
Mar 21, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ton40 said:
You are right ;D It can't be only you :p
Me and my husband applied from the US on Jan-08-2010,
we received our AOR issued on Feb-06-2010
we received a perm 124b issued on May-31-2010 (this is a letter stating that our file is complete and we should wait for decision)
we are still waiting...
YAY! That makes two of us. Thanks so much ton40 for posting. I started this thread so that US applicants can encourage each other by letting others know where they are in the process based on timelines.

Does your education or husband's fall under the preferred list of training areas, for priority processing?

vjy

Apr 21, 2009
I filed it on last week of April and got my AOR first week of July. It took a while, but eventually got my AOR.

Thanks.

quebechopefull

Star Member
Mar 21, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ton40 said:
Hey ya'all! Guess what! We got today our CSQ in the mail :)))))) No interview :p :p :p
That's so exciting!!!! A big, hearty CONGRATULATIONS to you and your hubby. You must be overjoyed. You've overcome the most difficult part of the process. YAY for you. This should be an update on your timeline:)

How did you bypass an interview? Are you french-speakers??

ton40

Star Member
Mar 3, 2010
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! We are really happy! Still can't believe it! :eek:
Well here are some details, the most essential of which is that my husband (principal applicant) sent results from TEFAQ level C1, which give him the maximum points for French and results from IELTS which also gives him max points for English language. We are not native french speakers, he has graduated french high school 12 years ago. My french level in the application is 5/5 which gives me 4 points. We are under 35 so we got max points for age. When we calculated our points we reached 65. To get CSQ a family needs minimum 63! So we got it! I guess they decided interview was necessary for us 8) 8) 8)
We applied on 01-08-2010, received in Montreal 01-14-2010
AOR issued on 02-06-2010
Perm 124b issued on 05-31-2010 (this is a letter that said our file is complete and we should wait for decision)
CSQ issued 07-14-2010 (exactly 6 months after receiving)

I really wish the same luck for all of you guys!

quebechopefull

Star Member
Mar 21, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ton40. That's so great. His French must be very good based on his TEFAQ scores. Thanks so much for sharing all that information. Very helpful. 14 should be your lucky number!!

Toast the night away and keep us updated on the fed process.

quebechopefull

Star Member
Mar 21, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Any other applicants in the US who want to share their timeline? Thank ya!

quebechopefull

Star Member
Mar 21, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My CC was charged yesterday. I'm hoping that this means that the AOR is on the way shortly.

ans

Star Member
Aug 14, 2010
quebechopefull said:
My CC was charged yesterday. I'm hoping that this means that the AOR is on the way shortly.
That's good news! Hope all goes well with your application. It took us less than a month to get AOR from Montreal after they charged the credit card. It was a year ago, though.

P.S. You won't miss it. They use very distinctive envelopes made from recycled paper. It's a letter unlike any other in a sense ;)

quebechopefull

Star Member
Mar 21, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ton40 and ans,

You guys are right on the money!! I got the AOR today and the envelope was as described - brown, recycled paper (I might just frame it).

I will remain hopeful as they begin processing. Please remember me in your prayers :-*

They stated that they will send an e-mail once the preliminary process is done - to let me know if my file is complete. Do you know how long I should be waiting for this e-mail? 1, 2, 3 months??