+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec CSQ Applicants in the USA

ans

Star Member
Aug 14, 2010
quebechopefull said:
Ton40 and ans,

You guys are right on the money!! I got the AOR today and the envelope was as described - brown, recycled paper (I might just frame it).

I will remain hopeful as they begin processing. Please remember me in your prayers :-*

They stated that they will send an e-mail once the preliminary process is done - to let me know if my file is complete. Do you know how long I should be waiting for this e-mail? 1, 2, 3 months??
I actually got a letter in the mail three months after AOR. They might have changed it though. I would assume it'll take less time now, since it took 10 days for my letter to come down here from Montreal.

Good luck to you!

quebechopefull

Star Member
Mar 21, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks ans for the response.

Now I have to keep myself very busy for the next 3 months. I will watch lots of movies and read tons of books:)

satya

Mar 3, 2008
kathmandu
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
?
AOR Received.
?
IELTS Request
?
File Transfer...
?
Med's Request
?
Med's Done....
?
ton40 said:
No, neither our education nor our work experience finds place in the priority processing.
hello ton40
congratulation for your CSQ

I've 4 years expirence of information system manager. but I've recetly changed my job. Currently I 'm computer teacher for one of the reputed school. I've enough points for CSQ. But I've one doubt that my current job is suitable for CSQ or not ? some friends of this forum said that profession doesn't make any difference. is it true ?
hope reply from expirence freieds

ans

Star Member
Aug 14, 2010
satya said:
hello ton40
congratulation for your CSQ

I've 4 years expirence of information system manager. but I've recetly changed my job. Currently I 'm computer teacher for one of the reputed school. I've enough points for CSQ. But I've one doubt that my current job is suitable for CSQ or not ? some friends of this forum said that profession doesn't make any difference. is it true ?
hope reply from expirence freieds
There is no list of acceptable professions for CSQ. So technically any profession is fine. Now, there is a list of occupations that have priority processing. But this shouldn't affect you. The deal is if you have enough points you'll get CSQ. You might get it faster, but you'll get it anyway as long as all your credentials check out.

concorde411

Star Member
Apr 13, 2010
HI Everybody!!!

Thanks Quebechopeful for the invite to this thread! It's great to see that we aren't alone here.

Ok, because I'm new I'll share my current status:
1. Applied through an immigration lawyer on July 15, 2010

2. Recieved my AOR on September 7, 2010

3. Now, like everyone else in the early stages, am waiting to the initial review.

I just wantedto say that I already had my medical done in April, 2010 and that was because I thought I was ready to apply then but I wasn't so now I'm a little worried because I don't know if they'll still accept my medical or it it will be expired. Also, to get our FBI criminal background checks can take up to 3 months! I was wondering if it was possible to "time" it by applying early for the background check that way I have them right when they ask for it and not have to wait 3 extra months.

Any thoughts on that? Please share.
Also, has anyone had to go on an interview? My lawyer says in my case it's a coin toss over wether or not I'll have to go. I'm nervous because I speak french quite well, but my comprehension is a little poor. My lawyer says that the interview is 100% oral. Please share your experiences.

So.......what happens now? What are the timelines after getting the first AOR?

Thanks every for your time and your help!!!!!

quebechopefull

Star Member
Mar 21, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Concorde,

Thanks for joining this thread. Our timelines are really very close in our applications, so it will be great to see what the outcome will be.

I'm not sure about medicals. You may have to redo them if there's an expiry date on them. It's always good to provide what they ask of you to avoid unnecessary delays in your application.

The FBI report is very tricky. In my case, if I'm called for an interview, then I will go ahead and get fingerprinted at that time. Otherwise it's hard to time everything since everyone's timeline is different and 3 months is a long time to wait.

There are threads on people who have interviewed. I believe that if you're lacking points and have little knowledge of French, then an interview is definitely required. Although the interview is supposed to be in French, some people request to be interviewed in English if they're not comfortable with the language.

You may have to wait 3-4 months after AOR to get a preliminary review i.e. letter stating if your file is complete.

Good luck to you, to me, and everyone else!

QuebecGuy

Sep 28, 2010
Hello,

Joining this thread...Applied from USA. The application reached on 20-Sep-2010. Waiting for AOR and learning French.

quebechopefull

Star Member
Mar 21, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear fellow USA applicants, any progress in your applications? Any news that you'd like to share?

nmdgreen

Star Member
Mar 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-10-2010
AOR Received.
for CSQ: 13-12-2010
Any updates?

timeline? processing times?

ae03yy

Oct 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
well no news, good news as they say, but I rather say no news is welcome sign to patience from immigration... :eek:

nmdgreen

Star Member
Mar 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-10-2010
AOR Received.
for CSQ: 13-12-2010
does anybody know how fast is the priority processing?

quebechopefull

Star Member
Mar 21, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nmdgreen said:
does anybody know how fast is the priority processing?
Priorities for processing applications for a selection certificate

22. Applications for a selection certificate are processed in the following order of priority:

(a) the application of a foreign national who belongs to the family class and, in respect of a Québec resident, is his spouse, de facto spouse or conjugal partner;

(b) the application of a foreign national who belongs to the class of foreign nationals in a particularly distressful situation;

(c) the application of a foreign national who is a skilled worker, in the following order:

(i) the skilled worker referred to in section 38.1 or 38.2;

(ii) the skilled worker or the accompanying spouse, including de facto spouse, who submits a validated employment offer;

(iii) the skilled worker or the accompanying spouse, including de facto spouse, whose training belongs to a promising area in respect of the needs of the labour market according to the List of preferred areas of training;

(iv) any other skilled worker;

(d) the application of a foreign national who is a self-employed person;

(e) the application of a foreign national who is an entrepreneur;

(f) the application of a foreign national who is an investor;

(g) the application of a foreign national belonging to the family class not described in paragraph a

Anyone interested in learning how the whole CSQ selection process works, see link below:

http://www.canlii.org/eliisa/highlight.do?text=selection+factors&language=en&searchTitle=Statutes+and+Regulations+of+Quebec&path=/en/qc/laws/regu/rrq-c-i-0.2-r-4/latest/rrq-c-i-0.2-r-4.html

caribgrl55

Star Member
Aug 21, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Quebechopeful, that link is very useful to gain a better understanding of the CSQ process. Thanks for posting it. I wonder how closely the various embassies follow the protocol? Like if they absolutely stick to the procedure or if discretion is used. For example, if a single person scores more than 55 points to gain the CSQ but indicated that their French was minimal, then maybe the VO would decide to call them for an interview to gauge their actual French skills face to face.

Great information though!