July 27, 2012
IELTS Request
w/app
Med's Request
July 27, 2012
Med's Done....
August 5, 2012
Hello everybody,

Just wanted to share some good news from me...
After applying for CSQ about 5 months ago, they asked us for language tests, although my spouse put in both her English and French test results. So I sent my French test results in March and kept calling Quebec to ask if they received it. I was quite angry when they told me hey don' have an update.
When I received a brown envelope from them today I was hoping they would say they received it. I didn't dare hoping they would say I'm on the interview list, even though my spouse is a nurse...
And I wasn't on the list either... they just sent us our Certificat du Selection!!! I couldn't believe it. It does say on it we were subject to speedy processing because of her occupation.
I wish you all to get he CSQs as soon as possible too!

P.S. Does anybody know what the time frame should be like once I put in the federal application?
Thanks!

xse2573

Dec 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2012
Doc's Request.
July 2013
Nomination.....
March 2012
AOR Received.
June 2012
Med's Request
June 2012
Med's Done....
June 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
August 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
September 2013
[b]@ Anyone
Please can someone tell me what happens next after your money has been withdrawn from your account? Is it the AOR, MR or both?
Already have the CSQ!!!

wHAT NEXT PLEASE!!![/color][/b]
[/b][/i]

Jul 27, 2011
Dear Brebu,

OMG!!! Congratulations!!! That's so wonderful!!! (I'm very jealous, too, by the way.) ;) Hopefully you feel happy that you persevered despite your setbacks...?
:) Congratulations again!

brebu

Star Member
Jul 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 15, 2012 (hopefully)
Doc's Request.
w/app
Nomination.....
May 2012
AOR Received.
July 27, 2012
IELTS Request
w/app
Med's Request
July 27, 2012
Med's Done....
August 5, 2012
QuebecoiseHonoraire:

Thank you my dear co-Chicagoan friend. I honestly hope everything works out in your favor and we get to meet in Quebec since we'll be sharing a common history. I am still amazed at their decision since it was completely unexpected.

How are things going with your case? Any news? Are you taking any more French classes? At dear old Truman maybe?:)

Jul 27, 2011
Hi there, Brebu! (my fellow Chicagoan!) :)

Congrats again! :) Thanks for the vote of confidence; I hope it goes well for me, too. Getting this far has been a very big project, and consequently I feel rather emotionally attached. To me, Canada is not "interchangeable" with other Western nations; it's a uniquely inclusive, respectful, and open country that values its citizens in ways that the USA clearly does not. I hope it goes well, but only God knows, right? :) I've been studying a little French at home, but haven't gone back to school yet. If I get accepted, though, I would want to study it in depth, so that I would feel comfortable and know what's happening around me. ;) Where I work, I deal with many clients (perhaps 60% or more?) who are foreign-born, typically Vietnamese or Russian, who have lived in the USA for 25 years or more and still have never learned English. On rare occasion, we've run into clients who seem to pride themselves on not having learned English. I would NOT want to be this type of person. ;) Like I said, I wouldn't even feel comfortable living in a place where I didn't speak the dominant language fluently. I sent my application in July 2011 and got the AOR in August 2011, so I guess within the next two months I might hear something? You can always photocopy your CSQ and give me a copy...? ;)

By the way, have you watched a show called "Le Téléjournal" from Radio Canada International / CBC? You could consider it the Canadian French-language "nightly news"; it's really great. You can generally watch the full episode every day online. It helps one grasp the language and accent, as well as the variety of accents that exist in Québec.

Take care!

cvd222

Nov 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
Apr 25, 2012
Med's Request
Apr 25, 2012
Med's Done....
Apr 28, 2012
Passport Req..
April 11, 2013
hello friends, I wanted to ask you-

If I have a validated job offer and I don't take the job once I get my PR, what will happen? I'm just asking because I got points for my CSQ through my validated employment.

Just wondering, if in case unexpected things suddenly happen...

papago

Aug 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP - Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2010
Nomination.....
CSQ 15-02-2012
AOR Received.
23-05-2012
IELTS Request
Submitted with Docs
Med's Request
23-05-2012
Med's Done....
22-06-2012
brebu said:
Hello everybody,

Just wanted to share some good news from me...
After applying for CSQ about 5 months ago, they asked us for language tests, although my spouse put in both her English and French test results. So I sent my French test results in March and kept calling Quebec to ask if they received it. I was quite angry when they told me hey don' have an update.
When I received a brown envelope from them today I was hoping they would say they received it. I didn't dare hoping they would say I'm on the interview list, even though my spouse is a nurse...
And I wasn't on the list either... they just sent us our Certificat du Selection!!! I couldn't believe it. It does say on it we were subject to speedy processing because of her occupation.
I wish you all to get he CSQs as soon as possible too!

P.S. Does anybody know what the time frame should be like once I put in the federal application?
Thanks!
Congrats! You are 75% through with the process with the CSQ in hand. I also got the CSQ back in February, and submitted Federal in March. Recently received an email from Federal with the AOR and Medical Request. They indicated that my file was being processed by CPP - Ottawa. I never heard of them before, so I did some research online and found out that they are a pilot program to speed up processing of federal applications. I'll do the medicals next week, and keep you all posted.

xse2573

Dec 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2012
Doc's Request.
July 2013
Nomination.....
March 2012
AOR Received.
June 2012
Med's Request
June 2012
Med's Done....
June 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
August 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
September 2013
papago said:
Congrats! You are 75% through with the process with the CSQ in hand. I also got the CSQ back in February, and submitted Federal in March. Recently received an email from Federal with the AOR and Medical Request. They indicated that my file was being processed by CPP - Ottawa. I never heard of them before, so I did some research online and found out that they are a pilot program to speed up processing of federal applications. I'll do the medicals next week, and keep you all posted.
Hello papago
Congrat on your medical....are you in the U.S?...How long it takes you to get your medicals?

papago

Aug 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP - Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2010
Nomination.....
CSQ 15-02-2012
AOR Received.
23-05-2012
IELTS Request
Submitted with Docs
Med's Request
23-05-2012
Med's Done....
22-06-2012
xse2573 said:
Hello papago
Congrat on your medical....are you in the U.S?...How long it takes you to get your medicals?
Yes, I am in the U.S. It took 2 months from submission of Federal to get AOR and Medicals.

xse2573

Dec 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2012
Doc's Request.
July 2013
Nomination.....
March 2012
AOR Received.
June 2012
Med's Request
June 2012
Med's Done....
June 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
August 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
September 2013
papago said:
Yes, I am in the U.S. It took 2 months from submission of Federal to get AOR and Medicals.
@papago

Thanks dude!!!...Lots of people getting AOR/MR now!!!

brebu

Star Member
Jul 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
w/app
Nomination.....
May 2012
AOR Received.
July 27, 2012
IELTS Request
w/app
Med's Request
July 27, 2012
Med's Done....
August 5, 2012
Papago,

Congrats and thanks for the encouragement! Are you code 130 (faster processing)?
I think we are because of my wife's job (registered nurse)...
3-5 months would be good enough for me (to get AOR & medical), 2 months processing time like u got is amazing!

I jut checked and they received my federal app today. I will keep all of u informed on any updates. Pls do the same.

Good luck all,

Brebu

xse2573

Dec 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2012
Doc's Request.
July 2013
Nomination.....
March 2012
AOR Received.
June 2012
Med's Request
June 2012
Med's Done....
June 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
August 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
September 2013
brebu said:
Papago,

Congrats and thanks for the encouragement! Are you code 130 (faster processing)?
3-5 months would be good enough for me (to get AOR & medical), 2 months processing time like u got is amazing!

I jut checked and they received my federal app today. I will keep all of u informed on any updates. Pls do the same.

Good luck all,

Brebu
Good job!!!..have they cashed your money/check?...Are you on code:130?...someone also got AOR+MR in 1month, but is on
code:130....
God will be with us all until we get to our final destination

papago

Aug 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP - Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2010
Nomination.....
CSQ 15-02-2012
AOR Received.
23-05-2012
IELTS Request
Submitted with Docs
Med's Request
23-05-2012
Med's Done....
22-06-2012
brebu said:
Papago,

Good luck all,

Brebu
I'm not in priority processing. My NOC is for IT and Business Management occupations. I'm surprised and impressed with the speed so far at the Federal level. Will see how much longer I get to wait after the medicals.

brebu

Star Member
Jul 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
w/app
Nomination.....
May 2012
AOR Received.
July 27, 2012
IELTS Request
w/app
Med's Request
July 27, 2012
Med's Done....
August 5, 2012
@xse2573
no, they haven't cashed it ye, I don't see how they could've when they just got my file yesterday. But I am hoping for it all to happen as soon as possible...

@papago
I just hope we all get there soon also

All the best to all of u and I will keep you updated!

Webby

Dec 3, 2011
Any one know how to inform them i changed my address - do i have to mail, fax, call etc?
I received my AOR in February