App. Filed.......
20-08-2012
AOR Received.
22-10-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with the file: 4 points. TCFQ: sent with the file: B1 - 8 points
Re: (No subject)

egrace62 said:
@ Amirjs, no i av not experienced such. But the fact that u stated u av earned a Degree 2ru DL made me sure that u'll b awarded points. So on ur part too, u need to b sure that u av the certificate. Diploma/ degree are clearly assigned point based on d actual years of study in d MICC guides des immigration. (2) studing fultime & working FT @ The same time wil only make them doubt d veracity of ur work / educatn. And if i may ask, is this ur DLP (Distance learning program) ur first degree or a masters program?
@egrace: thanks for ur reply.

My degree is a 4 years bachelor degree, it's issued by the open education dept of aleppo university. I have no master degree.

So, as i understood from ur explination, the officer will grant the apporpriate points ( 10 for education and 6 for area of training - class C) in my case based on the number of years, and based on whether the university is recognized by the local goverment, and also based on ur certification degree and transcript. Regardless whether it is part time/distance or full time? Am i right?

Also, based on your advice, since the study years were also part of my working experience years, i will get my certificate of service (for my old job) as a part time, since my education is part time also. How about this approche?

Many thanks!

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2nd june 2010 ( BIQ Paris)
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........
Landed gracefully!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Amirjs said:
@ egrace: thanks for ur reply.

My degree is a 4 years bachelor degree, it's issued by the open education dept of aleppo university. I have no master degree.That means as at the time u were studying and working, u do not have any diploma/degree. hence those job within this period will b best seen as an unskilled job or if u think that it is a skilled job how will u explain to the person reviewing your file that your company hired u without a diploma/degree b4 allowing u to go get the required skills. u really might have but believe u me, it is not logical

So, as i understood from ur explination, the officer will grant the apporpriate points ( 10 for education and 6 for area of training - class C) in my case based on the number of years, and based on whether the university is recognized by the local goverment, and also based on ur certification degree and transcript. Regardless whether it is part time/distance or full time? Am i right? yeah u are very correct

Also, based on your advice, since the study years were also part of my working experience years, i will get my certificate of service (for my old job) as a part time, since my education is part time also. How about this approche? my advice is that u leave out those years of experience that falls within ur period of study were it to b that those period of work falls within your masters study it would have been a different ball game where u will have to include them. but as it stands it is better to leave them out. A good news here is that according to he processing manual, the maximum point that can be awarded for work experience is 8points which is obtainable with a minimum experience of 4yrs(48months) hence an applicant with 10yrs of work experience will get the same score as an applicant with 4yrs of experience. since u said u finished ur degree in 2008 and u av been working ever since, it means u would av had 4yrs of experience by the time u will b filling ur application. hence if u leave out those years of experience within ure period of study, u would av save yourself the stress of trying to explain an unusually true story and u still will get full point for work experience.although u also can file as the principal applicant, your spouse will present the best chance if she is the principal applicant bcos of her area of training which is commerce but her delivery which is due in 2months time will definately not make it possible for her to b able to study for to upgrade her English and french language proficiency, so go ahead as the PA. sorry for the late response

Many thanks!

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........
Am going! going! said:
Salut Egrace,

Please explain more on this pre June or post June applicantion in relation to the QSW
sorry dear, pre june and post june issues does not apply with QSW but only FSW applicants. the reason i mentioned it was bcos the forumites(Mbastudies) mentioned that he/she has a FSW application which is in IN_PROCESS. but the pre and post june issues came to the fore in 2008 when the minster for immigration issued some ministerial instructions to visa offices with respect to FSW applicants that there application must be processed within 1-2years. bcos at that time the p[rocessing time was 60months and they felt some of canada prospective aplicants have turn to other immigration countries like new-zealand and Australia just bcos the canada process is time consuming. a new instruction has also been added again now: and this one states that out of the 29 aprove areas of training, only 1000applications will b received world wide from each of those areas of training but when ever the received world wide application reaches 20,000 total for a particular year, no more application will b received for that year. the 20,000 quota for this year has been reached and propective FSW applicants are waiting the new area of training soon to b released before they can start applying again. but all of these does not affect quebec applicants

STILLHOPE

Champion Member
Feb 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
PARIS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/12/2010
Doc's Request.
not yet
Nomination.....
CSQ RECEIVED ON 18-08-2011
AOR Received.
11/04/2011
File Transfer...
20/10/2011
Med's Request
07/11/2011
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
Interview........
18- 08-2011
Passport Req..
14th feb ( Valentines day )
VISA ISSUED...
feb 2012
LANDED..........
landing 10th june in montreal
hello everyone who want to apply as quebec skilled worker

Earlier this month, the Quebec government announced that they will be holding public consultations for changes to be made to their provincial immigration programs and policies. A proposal was released by Quebec’s Minister of Immigration and Cultural Communities, Kathleen Weil, which listed several changes that should be made to Quebec’s immigration programs for the period of 2012-2015.

Under the Canada-Quebec Accord, the province of Quebec has the right to select most immigrants destined to their province. Quebec has several successful immigration programs, such as the Quebec Skilled Worker Program and the Quebec Experience Class. Last year alone, Quebec welcomed more than 54,000 immigrants from over 185 countries. In order to meet Quebec’s labour needs and to stabilize the volume of admissions, the Government of Quebec is proposing to make the following changes to their immigration programs and policies:

Stabilization

Quebec is proposing to stabilize the volume of admissions for 2012-2015 so that approximately 50,000 applicants would be accepted per year. Quebec also wants to ensure that 65% to 75% of the skilled workers accepted are under the age of 35. Finally, they are aiming to have the majority of accepted applicants, 65%, coming from the economic categories, such as the Skilled Worker Program and the Business Programs.

Limit by region

In 2010, approximately 37% of immigrants admitted to Quebec were from Africa (the majority being from Maghreb), 25% from Asia, 21% from the Americas, and 17% from Europe. One proposed change is to limit the number of applicants to 30% per region, to encourage a greater diversity among applicants. This means that the number of applicants accepted from Africa would be reduced.

Increase French Proficiency Requirements

Quebec noted that 65% of applicants accepted last year were at least somewhat proficient in French; however the level of French proficiency varied greatly among applicants from beginner to advanced. Quebec is proposing to increase the level of French proficiency needed for applicants, especially for those applying through Quebec’s Skilled Worker Program.

As mentioned above, the majority of applicants who apply to immigrate to Quebec are from Africa, specifically from Maghreb, Morocco, and Algeria. Should the changes be implemented, these applicants may have a harder time applying through Quebec as the number of applicants accepted from that region will be reduced. Similarly, if the level of language proficiency needed will be increased, applicants with lower levels of French proficiency may have a harder time applying through Quebec

http://www.canadavisa.com/the-changing-face-of-quebec-immigration.html

Amirjs

Star Member
Apr 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2012
AOR Received.
22-10-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with the file: 4 points. TCFQ: sent with the file: B1 - 8 points
That was a brillient and worth waiting answer :) thanks a million!

Canada 2011

Feb 26, 2011
United Kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2011
ohliuw said:
Hi guys,

I live in Canada, and recently my fiancee, who lives in London UK, and I have decided to establish a residence here in Canada. Thus, she has applied for the the Quebec skilled worker program. We mailed her documents at the end of February, but we have not heard anything from the BIQ in Paris since (nor have they taken the money from the credit card).

I have few questions that I hope someone would be able to answer.

1) How long it should normally take before we hear from the immigration office for the first time?

Hi

I have applied End of Feb 2011 still i am waiting.
Credit Card not charged.

Good luck

marylatt

Star Member
Nov 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo, Brazil
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2011
Nomination.....
09-06-2011 (CSQ received)
AOR Received.
17-01-2011
File Transfer...
09-06-2011 (beginning of federal process)
Med's Request
22-10-2012
Med's Done....
25-10-2012
Interview........
Name showed up on e-cas: 26-03-2012
Passport Req..
14-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2013
Canada 2011 said:
ohliuw said:
Hi guys,

I live in Canada, and recently my fiancee, who lives in London UK, and I have decided to establish a residence here in Canada. Thus, she has applied for the the Quebec skilled worker program. We mailed her documents at the end of February, but we have not heard anything from the BIQ in Paris since (nor have they taken the money from the credit card).

I have few questions that I hope someone would be able to answer.

1) How long it should normally take before we hear from the immigration office for the first time?

Hi

I have applied End of Feb 2011 still i am waiting.
Credit Card not charged.

Good luck
It really depends on the visa office, but I've heard it can take up to 3 months - some other people here who applied to the Paris office might be able to tell you better. Mine took only 2 weeks, but my visa office is far from Paris!

Am going! going!

Star Member
Apr 23, 2011
UK
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 - 07-2011
Doc's Request.
18-08-2015
AOR Received.
25-02-2012
Interview........
01-06-2012
@ Egrace62,

Merci once again, from were can i get the QSW processing manual? Am still brushing up my french as we discussed last time - with a view to sit for the June exam, not sure of my ability yet, tell from personal experience whats really involved in the A2 interms of profieciency? :D

Am thinking of enrolling for both the A1 and A2 just in case, and maybe the TEFAQ too[well know you're not experienced in that one] but problem is results go straight immigration i believe, i can't afford to miss this June window of exams, i have to slot in an application asap pls pls help!

Merci

egrace62 said:
sorry dear, pre june and post june issues does not apply with QSW but only FSW applicants. the reason i mentioned it was bcos the forumites(Mbastudies) mentioned that he/she has a FSW application which is in IN_PROCESS. but the pre and post june issues came to the fore in 2008 when the minster for immigration issued some ministerial instructions to visa offices with respect to FSW applicants that there application must be processed within 1-2years. bcos at that time the p[rocessing time was 60months and they felt some of canada prospective aplicants have turn to other immigration countries like new-zealand and Australia just bcos the canada process is time consuming. a new instruction has also been added again now: and this one states that out of the 29 aprove areas of training, only 1000applications will b received world wide from each of those areas of training but when ever the received world wide application reaches 20,000 total for a particular year, no more application will b received for that year. the 20,000 quota for this year has been reached and propective FSW applicants are waiting the new area of training soon to b released before they can start applying again. but all of these does not affect quebec applicants

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........
Am going! going! said:
@ Egrace62,

Merci once again, from were can i get the QSW processing manual
http://www2.publicationsduquebec.gouv.qc.ca/home.php?
it is titled Le Guide des procédures d’immigration (GPI) Am still brushing up my french as we discussed last time - with a view to sit for the June exam Good, not sure of my ability yet never b discouraged. cos even though u are not where u which to have been, truth also is that u are not where u used to be. little daily effort/study is all u need to do the magic, tell from personal experience whats really involved in the A2 interms of profieciency? :D for A2 it is expected that u should be able to speak in simple past-tense as well as future tense, letter writing will b in either of past/future tense, there will also b a role play with an instructor.
Am thinking of enrolling for both the A1 and A2 just in case, and maybe the TEFAQ too[well know you're not experienced in that one truth is then, it was TEFAQ that i had really wanted to write but bcos it was not available in my country at that time i had to resort to DELF. i have always believed that DELF/DALF are the most difficult and for this reason MICC had to partner with CIEP to help in conducting an exam (TCFQ,TEFAQ,TEF which will b for immigration purpose. DELF/DALF are designed for people who wants to go study at the tertiary level in FRANCE although they are also accepted by MICC] but problem is results go straight immigration i believe this is infact not a problem cos they wont have to waste time trying to verify the veracity of the french result as in the case with DELF/DALF, i can't afford to miss this June window of exams pls dont miss the june exam, i have to slot in an application asap pls pls help!

Merci

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........
STILLHOPE said:
hello everyone who want to apply as quebec skilled worker

Earlier this month, the Quebec government announced that they will be holding public consultations for changes to be made to their provincial immigration programs and policies. A proposal was released by Quebec's Minister of Immigration and Cultural Communities, Kathleen Weil, which listed several changes that should be made to Quebec's immigration programs for the period of 2012-2015.

Under the Canada-Quebec Accord, the province of Quebec has the right to select most immigrants destined to their province. Quebec has several successful immigration programs, such as the Quebec Skilled Worker Program and the Quebec Experience Class. Last year alone, Quebec welcomed more than 54,000 immigrants from over 185 countries. In order to meet Quebec's labour needs and to stabilize the volume of admissions, the Government of Quebec is proposing to make the following changes to their immigration programs and policies:

Stabilization

Quebec is proposing to stabilize the volume of admissions for 2012-2015 so that approximately 50,000 applicants would be accepted per year. Quebec also wants to ensure that 65% to 75% of the skilled workers accepted are under the age of 35. Finally, they are aiming to have the majority of accepted applicants, 65%, coming from the economic categories, such as the Skilled Worker Program and the Business Programs.

Limit by region

In 2010, approximately 37% of immigrants admitted to Quebec were from Africa (the majority being from Maghreb), 25% from Asia, 21% from the Americas, and 17% from Europe. One proposed change is to limit the number of applicants to 30% per region, to encourage a greater diversity among applicants. This means that the number of applicants accepted from Africa would be reduced.

Increase French Proficiency Requirements

Quebec noted that 65% of applicants accepted last year were at least somewhat proficient in French; however the level of French proficiency varied greatly among applicants from beginner to advanced. Quebec is proposing to increase the level of French proficiency needed for applicants, especially for those applying through Quebec's Skilled Worker Program. this is serious,it looks like a technical way of saying we do not need too many applicants again. i just hope this particular onne will not make it to the final draft

As mentioned above, the majority of applicants who apply to immigrate to Quebec are from Africa, specifically from Maghreb, Morocco, and Algeria and other french speaking countries. Should the changes be implemented, these applicants may have a harder time applying through Quebec as the number of applicants accepted from that region will be reduced well the effect on my country will b minimal bcos even at present only 95applicatns are being accepted for my country. Similarly, if the level of language proficiency needed will be increased, applicants with lower levels of French proficiency may have a harder time applying through Quebec

http://www.canadavisa.com/the-changing-face-of-quebec-immigration.html
thanks for this wonderful update.

Iceberg7

Jan 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Chers amis..

Je vous annonce le résultat de l'élection fédéral canadienne qui s'est tenue hier..
Le parti conservateur présidé par Stephen Harper a été élu pour la troisième fois. Les conservateurs ont eu le mandat majoritaire de former le gouvernement.

D'autre part, la surprise (ce n'est pas une surprise pour moi) est l'évolution du parti néo-démocrate (NDP) avec leur chef Jack Layton (qui est maintenant le chef de l'opposition) pour gagner plus de 30% des voix.
Notamment par un victoire étendu au Québec dont on nomme "La Tsunami Orange".
Ça marque un changement radical à la mentalité québécoise qui a rejeté les vielles politiques du bloc québécois, le parti libéral et même le parti conservateur.
Alors c'est un point vital au Québec spécifiquement.

Ce sont absolument des changement positifs que j'espère que nous les comprenons et les adaptons effectivement pour nos biens ;)

Iceberg7

Jan 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Shahi said:
Mon Ami Iceberg!!..
Bonjour Ca Va??...mes preparations sont bien!!... je vais aller au canada en premiere semain de juin!!... bien sur j'espere que tu recevoira ton CSQ à 24 mai!!... si tu as les questions...ne hesite pas de me demander!!... Avec tes diplomes et niveau de francais...j'ai pas de doute..tu va reussir dans ton projet!!..alors Bonne chance

Ton Ami

Shahi
Cher Shahi,

Je te remercie bien pour tes vœux..
Bien sûr je vais te demander si j'ai eu aucun souci :) ;)

Bonne chance avec tes préparations, je souhaite que tout va souplement avec toi.. :)

Iceberg7

Jan 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lirjan said:
Till now nothing my friend. I don't know what to do. I was thinking to write an email or an letter to the embassy. He took my original documents and these documents are too important for me .
can't apply for a job in my country if i don't have these documents. Every job needs to verify the originals and all asking for them.

Bonjour Lirjan,

T'as déjà complété un mois en attente?!
Si oui, alors tu as le droit de leur demander s'ils ont de nouvelles en indiquant que ces documents sont les originaux et t'as besoin d'eux.

N’inquiètes pas, tout va bien pour toi :)
Bientôt, t'auras le CSQ et tes documents dans tes mains :)

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........
Iceberg7 said:
Chers amis..

Je vous annonce le résultat de l'élection fédéral canadienne qui s'est tenue hier..
Le parti conservateur présidé par Stephen Harper a été élu pour la troisième fois. Les conservateurs ont eu le mandat majoritaire de former le gouvernement.

D'autre part, la surprise (ce n'est pas une surprise pour moi) est l'évolution du parti néo-démocrate (NDP) avec leur chef Jack Layton (qui est maintenant le chef de l'opposition) pour gagner plus de 30% des voix.
Notamment par un victoire étendu au Québec dont on nomme "La Tsunami Orange".
Ça marque un changement radical à la mentalité québécoise qui a rejeté les vielles politiques du bloc québécois, le parti libéral et même le parti conservateur.
Alors c'est un point vital au Québec spécifiquement.

Ce sont absolument des changement positifs que j'espère que nous les comprenons et les adaptons effectivement pour nos biens ;)
uuh stephen harper again. he has consistently showed that he is not willing to increase the workforce at CIC even though there is a wide spread knowledge that CIC current staff capacity is grossly in adequate to effective handle the number of application it receives.and there we go again..... the waiting continues again

Iceberg7

Jan 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
egrace62 said:
uuh stephen harper again. he has consistently showed that he is not willing to increase the workforce at CIC even though there is a wide spread knowledge that CIC current staff capacity is grossly in adequate to effective handle the number of application it receives.and there we go again..... the waiting continues again

Je te dis en vérité, Stephen Harper est meilleur qu'aucun d'entre les chefs des autres partis (J. Layton exclu!) en ce sens!
Bien sûr vous ne voulez pas Gilles Duceppe de former le gouvernement!!!! ;)