Waived
Passport Req..
21-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-07-2013
LANDED..........
12-05-2014
Bonjour

I have sent my application on 21st Dec 2010. Documents reached the Montreal office on 22nd Dec 2010. They charged my credit card on 22nd Feb 2011. I am from a Software Project Manager background, unfortunately I indicated my french knowledge as 0 in my application. Recently (1 week) back i sent a receipt of nomination to French Classes to learn the French. I have started my french classes from past few weeks.

I havent heard anything back from them till today. Is it that they have rejected my application as i said zero knowledge in French? OR do i have to wait some more time. Also, i didn't find many in this forum who applied to Montreal BIQ.

Merci.

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2nd june 2010 ( BIQ Paris)
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........
Landed gracefully!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: (No subject)

@ new2can, welcome on board. Please b assured that their are procedures dat must b 4loed b4 an applicatn is rejected. Applicants wil usually b given an opportunity 2represent their case with 4da documentatn and during this time u can send them a new form for only d language part + french result. It's after wen an applicant is unable 2 satisfactorily prove his/her dat a rejectn can b approved. So d task u av now is 2ensure that u keep learnin french & av take d exam. Hopeful ur AOR ll come with a list of instructns as well as file & dossier numbers. Until u av these numbers, there is no way they wil b able to relate any doc/receipt u send to ur file. Wingofmaymwbe applied to BiQ MOntrea AND he/she already obtaind CsQ

new2can

Sep 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2012
Doc's Request.
20-06-2012
AOR Received.
15-08-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
05-04-2013
Med's Done....
30-04-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-07-2013
LANDED..........
12-05-2014
Re: (No subject)

egrace62 said:
@ new2can, welcome on board. Please b assured that their are procedures dat must b 4loed b4 an applicatn is rejected. Applicants wil usually b given an opportunity 2represent their case with 4da documentatn and during this time u can send them a new form for only d language part + french result. It's after wen an applicant is unable 2 satisfactorily prove his/her dat a rejectn can b approved. So d task u av now is 2ensure that u keep learnin french & av take d exam. Hopeful ur AOR ll come with a list of instructns as well as file & dossier numbers. Until u av these numbers, there is no way they wil b able to relate any doc/receipt u send to ur file. Wingofmaymwbe applied to BiQ MOntrea AND he/she already obtaind CsQ
Merci egrace62, I will wait and pray :)

nevillek

Apr 25, 2011
Mumbai
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
20-06-2013
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2013
LANDED..........
23-08-2013
Hi Everyone,

I completed my Bachelors(Acctng&Finance) in 2009 (and just completed a Masters(Management) in 2011 April but through distance learning) and have no work experience/knowledge of French. I want to immigrate to Canada and feel that the best way to go is the Quebec Skilled Worker program and have some questions regarding the same:

1) What is the minimum work experience required? My immigration consultant mentions 2 years but I don't see anything mentioned on the Quebec Immigration site. Can anyone provide me the link which mentions the minimum work experience required is 2 years? According to http://www.canadavisa.com/quebec-immigration-work-experience.html , there is 4 points awarded for 6-11 mnths, 12-23 mnths of work experience. Doesn't mention anything about the minimum work experience needed. Also, curious, why are 6-11 and 12-23 mnths divided into two sections if both award 4 points each?

2) Does Quebec accept ALL types of jobs for work experience requirements? If not, where can I find the list?

3) Does the 2 years Masters through Distance Learning count?

4) What should I select in this question: What is the highest level diploma recognized by the State that you have received? My Bachelors is 15 years of formal education but I'm not sure how that compares here.

5) What should I select in this question: Does this diploma fall under a Mutual Recognition Agreement (e.g., the France-Québec agreement)?

6) What is the exact "minimal" level of French required?

7) The Alliance de Francaise has courses after which you can sit for the DELF A1, A2, B1, etc. exams. Which of these exams would qualify me as "High Beginner" under Quebec requirements so that I can score 3+3 points for French? Is it true that I can just do the A1 course and apply to Quebec immigration, and AFTER that I can give me DELF/TEF/TEFAQ exam? Will A1 be enough?

8.) I heard that TEF or TEFAQ is EASIER than DELF, etc.? Which exam should I go for? I think that there is no TEF/TEFAQ center in my country, so I want to know if it is worth it to go to another country to give this test, if this test is far more easier than DELF?

9) Can I achieve the minimal level of French by taking classes for a year?

10) Would my Bachelors count as an "Equivalent to Quebec diploma" and let me score 6 points for that according to http://www.canadavisa.com/quebec-immigration-education.html

11) For "Areas of training", does my degree fall under Section A,B,C,D or others? Not sure.

12) Finally, how long does it take to get QSC approximately?

Thanks in advance all!

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........
new2can said:
Merci egrace62, I will wait and pray :) and while waiting and praying, 4get not to keep learning french :D

kitui

Mar 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HELP!

i have taken my TCF exam and passed. what happens next for Quebec immigration? i want to do this myself instead of using an agent to save costs. i am in the US, so I just follow this cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/EQ7.pdf ???????? Help

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........
kitui said:
HELP!

i have taken my TCF exam and passed Congratulations. what happens next for Quebec immigration? i want to do this myself instead of using an agent to save costs Good, the process is as simple as A,B,C and should u encounter any trouble u can always seek advice 4rm this forum. i am in the US, so I just follow this cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/EQ7.pdf ???????? No, go to http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/forms/search-title/dcs-workers/index.html Help
u will need the following forms
1) Application for selection certificate
2) if u av a spouse, declaration by spouse

3)contract respecting financial self sufficiency
4) and if ur profession is regulated, declaration by a candidate in a regulated profession.

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........
nevillek said:
Hi Everyone,

I completed my Bachelors(Acctng&Finance) in 2009 (and just completed a Masters(Management) in 2011 April but through distance learning) and have no work experience/knowledge of French. I want to immigrate to Canada and feel that the best way to go is the Quebec Skilled Worker program and have some questions regarding the same:

1) What is the minimum work experience required 6 MONTHS? My immigration consultant mentions 2 years but I don't see anything mentioned on the Quebec Immigration site. Can anyone provide me the link which mentions the minimum work experience required is 2 years? According to http://www.canadavisa.com/quebec-immigration-work-experience.html , there is 4 points awarded for 6-11 mnths, 12-23 mnths of work experience. Doesn't mention anything about the minimum work experience needed. Also, curious, why are 6-11 and 12-23 mnths divided into two sections if both award 4 points each?check:www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/.../list-training-26may2009.pdf

2) Does Quebec accept ALL types of jobs for work experience requirements YES PROVIDED THE JOB IS NOT BELOW SKILL LEVEL D ONN THE NOC CLASSIFICATION. U MAY WISH TO CHECK www.hrsdc.gc.ca for a defination of skill levels? If not, where can I find the list?

3) Does the 2 years Masters through Distance Learning count? yeah it does provided it is recognized by ur government and u av a certificate to show 4 it

4) What should I select in this question: What is the highest level diploma recognized by the State that you have received? My Bachelors is 15 years of formal education but I'm not sure how that compares here.

5) What should I select in this question: Does this diploma fall under a Mutual Recognition Agreement (e.g., the France-Québec agreement)? no it wouldn't except if u av studied in France

6) What is the exact "minimal" level of French required? as much as it can take u to pass DelfA1 exam or its equivalent

7) The Alliance de Francaise has courses after which you can sit for the DELF A1, A2, B1, etc. exams. Which of these exams would qualify me as "High Beginner" under Quebec requirements so that I can score 3+3 points for French? Is it true that I can just do the A1 course and apply to Quebec immigration, and AFTER that I can give me DELF/TEF/TEFAQ exam? Will A1 be enough? yes u can apply with A1 and subsequently sit for higher ones. the question of whether A1 will b enough will depend on ur point expectation 4rm french, if 4rm ur calculation it is 6points in french that will ensure ur crossing the rejection threshold, then A2 and not A1 will.

8.) I heard that TEF or TEFAQ is EASIER than DELF, etc.? Which exam should I go for? I think that there is no TEF/TEFAQ center in my country, so I want to know if it is worth it to go to another country to give this test, if this test is far more easier than DELF? the truth is if u prepare well for DELF,u will definitely pass any french exam. Delf is structured for prospective students of higher institution of learning whose language of instructn will b french but the other are for immigration purposes.

9) Can I achieve the minimal level of French by taking classes for a year? if u can put in at least an hour a day for 3 consecutive months under a tutor, then u should b good to go. for a one year study, then u should b an expert

10) Would my Bachelors count as an "Equivalent to Quebec diploma" and let me score 6 points for that according to http://www.canadavisa.com/quebec-immigration-education.html

11) For "Areas of training", does my degree fall under Section A,B,C,D or others? Not sure. yeah u will av point for ur area of training

12) Finally, how long does it take to get QSC approximately? it depends at least 6months

Thanks in advance all!

nevillek

Apr 25, 2011
Mumbai
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
20-06-2013
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2013
LANDED..........
23-08-2013
Thank you so so much egrace62 for taking the time to answer all my questions. Your answers have relieved my stress a lot.

1) I read everywhere that distance-learning degrees are NOT eligible for points under FSW categories? I'm confused about that!

2) Although the minimum work ex requirments is only 6 months, if I work only 6 or 7 months as a fresher and then quickly apply, can they reject my application because of "very little" work experience? Is there any chance of that happening?

3) Is there any chance of rejection because of French requirements if I give DELF A1 test only and get only 2 POINTS FOR THE LOW BEGINNER CATEGORY? (inspite of meeting the total points requirement) Because I have heard that people have met the total points requirement but still got rejected because they didn't know French very well. So I want to be 100% sure that DELF A1 (i.e. 2 points only) will be enough if I meet the total points threshold.

4) I read somewhere that DELF B1 is the minimum required in the interview as proof of French?

Thanks, thanks again!!

kitui

Mar 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks egrace62 !

Wishing you the best in your process.

egrace62 said:
u will need the following forms
1) Application for selection certificate
2) if u av a spouse, declaration by spouse

3)contract respecting financial self sufficiency
4) and if ur profession is regulated, declaration by a candidate in a regulated profession.

kitui

Mar 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
one more question,

anybody with a link to the rules for temporary workers?

also how long before you can change from temporary worker to Permanent resident.

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........
nevillek said:
Thank you so so much egrace62 for taking the time to answer all my questions. Your answers have relieved my stress a lot.

1) I read everywhere that distance-learning degrees are NOT eligible for points under FSW categories? I'm confused about that! FSW is different from QSW. FSW is more strict: in terms of educational requirement, Proof of funds,e.t.c the minimum educational; requirement for FSW is university education whereas QSW accepts high school diploma. so it is possible that FSW does not accept DL degrees not sure though. but for QSw they accept

2) Although the minimum work ex requirments is only 6 months, if I work only 6 or 7 months as a fresher and then quickly apply, can they reject my application because of "very little" work experience for FSW, 6months experience will be labelled very little but for QSW, 6months is seen as sufficient,hence with 6months, u are as qualified as the person with 23months work experience ? Is there any chance of that happening?

3) Is there any chance of rejection because of French requirements if I give DELF A1 test only and get only 2 POINTS FOR THE LOW BEGINNER CATEGORY? (inspite of meeting the total points requirement) Because I have heard that people have met the total points requirement but still got rejected because they didn't know French very well. So I want to be 100% sure that DELF A1 (i.e. 2 points only) will be enough if I meet the total points threshold.
1) the only basis for rejection of file is inadequate total points. just as age could not have been the reason for rejection of a file so also cannot french b responsible for the rejection of any file. although the age, french, english etc or the combination of any of these might av been responsible for the the inadequate points. for single applicants
stage 1 cut-off is 42points
stage 2 cut-offf is 49points
stage 3 cut-off 55points

2) for an applicant who meets all the point requirement without frecnch, it can b resolved in 2ways. either the applicant is asked to provide evidence of french attestation/result or the applicant is called for an interview. and believe u me if such an applicant is invited for interview, fear/anxiety will push such an applicant to learn something albeit little. and believe u me that little is what this guys needs cos they av found someone is is learning their language
4) I read somewhere that DELF B1 is the minimum required in the interview as proof of French? well that is far-fetched. all applicants av different level of proficiencies. some can only speak in present tense, some simple present and simple past, some, e.t.c those in B1 are those with a perfect undestanding of most of the tenses and they understand complex sentences hence majorrity of applicant i think falls below this B1during interview, french result does not matter anymore based on how the applicant speaks i.e the tenses used, punctuation, pronounciation, e.t.c, all this will b used to grade the applicant. submitting a french result at the interview carries no weight.it only does b4 interview

Thanks, thanks again!!

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........
kitui said:
one more question,

anybody with a link to the rules for temporary workers?

also how long before you can change from temporary worker to Permanent resident.
check
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/temporary-workers/index.html

satya1976

Sep 19, 2010
I applied for Quebec CSQ in January 2010 and received a letter from Quebec dated Feb 4, 2010. I live in USA and applied from USA. The current interview month for USA is April 2010 but I have not received any interview letter so far. I applied through an attorney in Quebec. In January of this year, I was asked to send copies of W2's since I started working in USA. I checked with my attorney and they said there was no further communication from Quebec Immigration after the W2's were sent to them.

Can anyone share their experience here in what could be the delay and why I was not called for an interview even though my letter was date Feb 4, 2010?