+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC APPLICANTS LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE

ken99

Star Member
Feb 9, 2011
anyone applied with job offer(aeo)

Dear all,

My friend applied in feb,11 with job offer(a.e.o.) arranged by himself, but he has n't received any reply from cio yet, is anyone has any idea about how long will it take to get first a.o.r. from cio ?

Regards

Ken

Amirjs

Star Member
Apr 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2012
AOR Received.
22-10-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with the file: 4 points. TCFQ: sent with the file: B1 - 8 points
Re: (No subject)

egrace62 said:
@ Amirjs, no i av not experienced such. But the fact that u stated u av earned a Degree 2ru DL made me sure that u'll b awarded points. So on ur part too, u need to b sure that u av the certificate. Diploma/ degree are clearly assigned point based on d actual years of study in d MICC guides des immigration. (2) studing fultime & working FT @ The same time wil only make them doubt d veracity of ur work / educatn. And if i may ask, is this ur DLP (Distance learning program) ur first degree or a masters program?
@egrace62: thanks for ur reply.

My degree is a 4 years bachelor degree, it's issued by the open education dept of aleppo university. I have no master degree.

So, as i understood from ur explination, the officer will grant the apporpriate points ( 10 for education and 6 for area of training - class C) in my case based on the number of years, and based on whether the university is recognized by the local goverment, and also based on ur certification degree and transcript. Regardless whether it is part time/distance or full time? Am i right?

Also, based on your advice, since the study years were also part of my working experience years, i will get my certificate of service (for my old job) as a part time, since my education is part time also. How about this approche?

Many thanks!

Iceberg7

Jan 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Salut à tous,

C'est le dernier compte à rebours pour mon entrevue...
24 jours pour aller!
Je suis un peu ravagé pour le moment!!! :D

Lirjan,
Comment ça va chez toi?! as tu reçu ton CSQ?!

Marylatt,
Félicitations ;)

Shahi,
Comment tes préparations se passent?!

Mes amis ..
J'ai besoin de toutes vos prières!

Ah, l'élection fédérale canadienne se tiendra demain, nous devons la suivre de près.. ;)

ohliuw

Star Member
May 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-07-2012
AOR Received.
23-08-2012
File Transfer...
27-08-2012
Hi guys,

I live in Canada, and recently my fiancee, who lives in London UK, and I have decided to establish a residence here in Canada. Thus, she has applied for the the Quebec skilled worker program. We mailed her documents at the end of February, but we have not heard anything from the BIQ in Paris since (nor have they taken the money from the credit card).

I have few questions that I hope someone would be able to answer.

1) How long it should normally take before we hear from the immigration office for the first time?

2) How long would it normally take before she gets invited to an interview, given that she lives in London?

3) Would the interview be held in London or Paris?

4) How are french language levels 1 and 2 defined? Her french is pretty basic ("je m'appelle" type of skills), but according to the online test levels 1 or 2 should be enough to get her the certificate, so this is what we put on the app form.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Shahi

Champion Member
Oct 17, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2010
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
15-02-2011 CSQ
AOR Received.
25-05-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with Initial Application
File Transfer...
25-02-2011
Med's Request
13-03-2011
Med's Done....
14-03-2011
Interview........
NR
Passport Req..
13-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2011
LANDED..........
30-05-2011
Iceberg7 said:
Salut à tous,

24 jours pour aller!

Lirjan,

Marylatt,
Félicitations ;)

Shahi,

Mes amis ..

Ah, l'élection fédérale canadienne se tiendra demain, nous devons la suivre de près.. ;)
Mon Ami Iceberg!!..
Bonjour Ca Va??...mes preparations sont bien!!... je vais aller au canada en premiere semain de juin!!... bien sur j'espere que tu recevoira ton CSQ à 24 mai!!... si tu as les questions...ne hesite pas de me demander!!... Avec tes diplomes et niveau de francais...j'ai pas de doute..tu va reussir dans ton projet!!..alors Bonne chance

Ton Ami

Shahi

marylatt

Star Member
Nov 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo, Brazil
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2011
Nomination.....
09-06-2011 (CSQ received)
AOR Received.
17-01-2011
File Transfer...
09-06-2011 (beginning of federal process)
Med's Request
22-10-2012
Med's Done....
25-10-2012
Interview........
Name showed up on e-cas: 26-03-2012
Passport Req..
14-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2013
egrace62 said:
@ marylat, d'accord et merci. Comment va le weekend?
Tres bien, merci. Je suis en train de traduire mon CV en français, c'est un peu dificile? Et vous comment ça va?

Guys, I have a question. I need to send my FBI report when I apply to federal. I had requested them a while before, and they were processed March 17 of this year, which means they expire June 17, 2011. I have my interview on the 9th of June, and then am planning to send off federal the same day (hopefully). Does Immigration need the FBI prints to be valid when they process them, or do I just need to send them before they expire? Does anyone know? I'm wondering if I should get them redone, though it will be a tremendous pain in the neck!!

Shahi

Champion Member
Oct 17, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2010
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
15-02-2011 CSQ
AOR Received.
25-05-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with Initial Application
File Transfer...
25-02-2011
Med's Request
13-03-2011
Med's Done....
14-03-2011
Interview........
NR
Passport Req..
13-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2011
LANDED..........
30-05-2011
marylatt said:
Tres bien, merci. Je suis en train de traduire mon CV en français, c'est un peu dificile? Et vous comment ça va?

Guys, I have a question. I need to send my FBI report when I apply to federal. I had requested them a while before, and they were processed March 17 of this year, which means they expire June 17, 2011. I have my interview on the 9th of June, and then am planning to send off federal the same day (hopefully). Does Immigration need the FBI prints to be valid when they process them, or do I just need to send them before they expire? Does anyone know? I'm wondering if I should get them redone, though it will be a tremendous pain in the neck!!
Marylatt Conggrats for the interview date!.. i hope all goes well!!
I suggest that u reapply..i know its pain in the neck as u rightly said...but since ur FBI report will expire..on june 17 you will end up delaying the federal file as well reapplying for the report...!!

Good luck!

Shahi

mbastudies

Oct 15, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

Can someone guide whether it is possible for someone like me (who already have applied in the Federal Skilled Worker, and have a file as "In Process"), to apply for Quebec Skilled Worker too, now?

Please guide.

STILLHOPE

Champion Member
Feb 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
PARIS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/12/2010
Doc's Request.
not yet
Nomination.....
CSQ RECEIVED ON 18-08-2011
AOR Received.
11/04/2011
File Transfer...
20/10/2011
Med's Request
07/11/2011
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
Interview........
18- 08-2011
Passport Req..
14th feb ( Valentines day )
VISA ISSUED...
feb 2012
LANDED..........
landing 10th june in montreal
ohliuw said:
Hi guys,

I live in Canada, and recently my fiancee, who lives in London UK, and I have decided to establish a residence here in Canada. Thus, she has applied for the the Quebec skilled worker program. We mailed her documents at the end of February, but we have not heard anything from the BIQ in Paris since (nor have they taken t I seen so many people on this form who applied in Paris in the month of Jan and Feb havnt received their aor so wait for another 1-2 months.unless your area of training is in priority list then u will get very soon.he money from the credit card).

I have few questions that I hope someone would be able to answer.

1) How long it should normally take before we hear from the immigration office for the first time?

2) How long would it normally take before she gets invited to an interview, given that she lives in London?at least she will get 6-8 months after aor for her interview.she will give her interview in Paris.

3) Would the interview be held in London or Paris?

4) How are french language levels 1 and 2 defined? Her french is pretty basic ("je m'appelle" type of skills), but according to the online test levels 1 or 2 should be enough to get her the certificate, so this is what we put on the app form tell her to take admission in alliance France start learning French and send admission receipt with her applicationo and give exam of delf a1 atleast and she put 2-2 in her form.o

Thanks in advance for your help.

Amirjs

Star Member
Apr 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2012
AOR Received.
22-10-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with the file: 4 points. TCFQ: sent with the file: B1 - 8 points

Amirjs said:
@ egrace62: thanks for ur reply.

My degree is a 4 years bachelor degree, it's issued by the open education dept of aleppo university. I have no master degree.

So, as i understood from ur explination, the officer will grant the apporpriate points ( 10 for education and 6 for area of training - class C) in my case based on the number of years, and based on whether the university is recognized by the local goverment, and also based on ur certification degree and transcript. Regardless whether it is part time/distance or full time? Am i right?

Also, based on your advice, since the study years were also part of my working experience years, i will get my certificate of service (for my old job) as a part time, since my education is part time also. How about this approche?

Many thanks!
Dears... pls help to clarify this.

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2nd june 2010 ( BIQ Paris)
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........
Landed gracefully!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@ MBASTUDIES, yeah it is possible to apply for both federal & Quebec @ the same time. Those filing 2 or more different applicatns av one major trap which is called DUAL INTENT.The dual intent clause usually come into effect when an applicant is filing for temporary & permanent visa @ dsame time bcos doing such will create an impression that such applicant does not intend to leave Canada @ d expiratn of his/her temporary stay hence d temporary applicatn stands a 99% chance of being rejected yl only d permanent stay applicatn wil b treated. So if d file which is in IN-PROCES is for PR,U can as-well file for Quebec and/ or any other PNP. But @ d federal stage a maximum of 2files is advisable and one of these files must b called off when one of them pulls 2ru. Are u a pre-june or post-june applicant? Av u gotten document update request? For how long have they av ur file now? There are several backlog of abt 300,000 applicatns in d FSW category. I knw of a visa office which stated that they are presently working on 2004 applicatn. Uuh,Most pple would av lose several points on age b4 their file is opened.

Am going! going!

Star Member
Apr 23, 2011
UK
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 - 07-2011
Doc's Request.
18-08-2015
AOR Received.
25-02-2012
Interview........
01-06-2012
Salut Egrace,

Please explain more on this pre June or post June applicantion in relation to the QSW

lirjan

Star Member
Aug 16, 2009
Tirana
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
NOC 4152
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
21-06-2010
IELTS Request
Sent With Application
File Transfer...
Federal Sent 05-12-2011
Med's Request
26-12-2012
Med's Done....
03-01-2013
Interview........
30 March 2011 (CSQ received 14 November 2011)
Passport Req..
20/03/2013
VISA ISSUED...
02/04/2013
LANDED..........
27/04/2013
Iceberg7 said:
Salut à tous,

24 jours pour aller!

Lirjan,

Marylatt,
Félicitations ;)

Shahi,

Mes amis ..

Till now nothing my friend. I don't know what to do. I was thinking to write an email or an letter to the embassy. He took my original documents and these documents are too important for me .
can't apply for a job in my country if i don't have these documents. Every job needs to verify the originals and all asking for them.

marylatt

Star Member
Nov 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo, Brazil
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2011
Nomination.....
09-06-2011 (CSQ received)
AOR Received.
17-01-2011
File Transfer...
09-06-2011 (beginning of federal process)
Med's Request
22-10-2012
Med's Done....
25-10-2012
Interview........
Name showed up on e-cas: 26-03-2012
Passport Req..
14-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2013
Shahi said:
Marylatt Conggrats for the interview date!.. i hope all goes well!!
I suggest that u reapply..i know its pain in the neck as u rightly said...but since ur FBI report will expire..on june 17 you will end up delaying the federal file as well reapplying for the report...!!

Good luck!

Shahi
Yes, but if I send it off on June 9th, they won't have expired quite yet. That's what I'm wondering...does it need to be valid when I send it, or when they actually open up the file?

Thanks for your reply though, it does sound like I should reapply, either way everything is going to be delayed, ahhh. :)

ohliuw

Star Member
May 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-07-2012
AOR Received.
23-08-2012
File Transfer...
27-08-2012
Merci STILLHOPE, 10 moths just to get to the interview, another 9-10 months after to deal with the embassy in London, that's almost 2 years, WOW :eek:

I guess we are better off getting married and do the sponsorship within a year, duh ... Not the most romantic thing to do, but we hoped the skilled worker procedure would be much quicker ...