Not yet
AOR Received.
Not yet
IELTS Request
Results sent / 7.5 band
LANDED..........
2013...??
@ bullrules,
I think, you are eligible to apply if you score enough, 49/57 points (single/married applicant). Assess yourself using the info available here: http://www.canadavisa.com/quebec-skilled-worker-immigration.html

Good luck!

bullrules said:
Can you please let me know if i am eligible to apply as per the new rules.

I completed my MCA (MASTER OF COMPUTER APPLICATIONS) from SVUniversity INDIA as a full time. I completed it in 2002 and currently having 10+ years of exp as software engineer.

shay89

Star Member
Aug 31, 2011
ENGLAND
Category........
Visa Office......
CSQ - Paris, Federal Stage - LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CSQ- 08 JUNE 2012, FEDERAL STAGE - 31 OCT 2014
AOR Received.
CSQ - 11 OCT' 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with IELTS
Interview........
CSQ - 27 May 2014, received CSQ the same day
Hi guys,

How long does it normally take for a person to receive AOR after sending their application? I live in England and I sent my application for Selection Certificate on the June 1, 2012. I had to send the application to the Montreal Office as advised on the website, because I think the BIQ Paris has been closed down and they no longer process applications there.

Thanks

4glory

Feb 22, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
September 2012
manojneelu said:
hec006,
"...only those people( and also their spouse), who has completed their degree more than 5 years before and also doesn't have experience in their academic field.. will not be able to apply,..."

But, I think, this was the case, even before June 29 guidelines. In my humble opinion, nothing has changed regarding this rule!!

"...the degree completion time should match with Quebec for applicant or for their spouse..."

I agree. For everyone's benefit, here is a link to info on Quebec Education System available on MICC's official website:

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/education/finding-education/index.html

So, no reduction in applicants in this category.
I agree with you, most people are just on the edge over nothing, the new rules of 31st of March still stands except for the Enterpreneur and self-employed applicantions.

hec006

Nov 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2011
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
28-09-2011
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
NA
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
NA
VISA ISSUED...
NA
LANDED..........
NA
manojneelu said:
hec006,
"...only those people( and also their spouse), who has completed their degree more than 5 years before and also doesn't have experience in their academic field.. will not be able to apply,..."

But, I think, this was the case, even before June 29 guidelines. In my humble opinion, nothing has changed regarding this rule!!
- No, this was not the case before June 29. Before June 29, applicant or his spouse ( who has completed their degree more than 5 years before and also doesn't have experience in their academic field) can apply, but that applicant was not eligible for AOT points, but was eligible for his/her degree points. Now, these applicants can't apply anymore.
"...the degree completion time should match with Quebec for applicant or for their spouse..."

I agree. For everyone's benefit, here is a link to info on Quebec Education System available on MICC's official website:

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/education/finding-education/index.html
- Thanks for providing the link. It is easy to clarify. In Quebec, Degree ( Compared to B.Sc, B.Com in India, Pakistan) is obtained by the people in 16 years(Secondary school[6 years]+ General Studies[5years]+Pre-University Studies[2 years]+bachelor degree[3 years]), But in India, Pakistan.. it is after 15 years( Highre secondary [12 years]+ degree course [3 years]). So, previously these 15 years study people were eligible for apply and also for degree points but not for AOT points(there is a special table for India & Pakistan), but now onwards, these people are not eligible to apply.

So, no reduction in applicants in this category- Definitely change has been happened.

[/quote

Every month this gazette releases in Quebec to reflect the change in any Governmental Rule.

hec006

Nov 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2011
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
28-09-2011
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
NA
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
NA
VISA ISSUED...
NA
LANDED..........
NA
bullrules said:
Can you please let me know if i am eligible to apply as per the new rules.

I completed my MCA (MASTER OF COMPUTER APPLICATIONS) from SVUniversity INDIA as a full time. I completed it in 2002 and currently having 10+ years of exp as software engineer.
Definitely, you are eligible to apply because, you have master degree and exp in your study in last 5 years.

vibez_well

Mar 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ, HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
AOR Received.
Jul 2011
Indian4mSA ,
Its been 1.5 months since you've applied right ? if you have been able to confirm that the application has been delivered (as per DHL/fedex status) then you should relax. AoR usually takes anything between 1.5 - 3months (maybe even longer). Hold on for another month and then send out a mail asking for status of receipt and AoR/dossier number.

understand that everything about the QSW stream takes time. if everything goes as plan, you can expect the maple leaf in your passport in just 2.5 yrs !! ;)

Indian4mSA said:
Hi All,

I am a new member here. I was trying to find out if anyone else has applied in May 2012. My application reached BIQ Hong Kong on 18th May 2012, but i have not received any response yet.

fingers crossed.

vibez_well

Mar 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ, HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
AOR Received.
Jul 2011
mkshah said:
hello friends,

I sent my application in Sep-2011 and got AOR in Nov-2011. Waiting for almost 9 months now.
And looking at the statistics, it will take more 1 year or 1.5 year to get CSQ and then 8-12 months for federal process.
I dont want to spend this time in anxiety of stress and waiting, but want to do something that can be useful for me in future.
during this period, I thought of applying to any of quebec university and getting quebec degree.

So, pls help me with following queries:
1. if I can get admission in any of colleges in montreal, can I still continue with my QSW application?
Yes you can continue
2. Will this have any efffect on the result of my qsw application?
No, it will not have any effect. Will get processed as usual
3. If I got admission in quebec college, then what will be my BIQ then? Currently, my biq is HK as I live in India and applied from here.
I think the BIQ remains the same. An applicants BIQ is the one covering the country s/he has been residing for 1 year.
4: if I get interview after moving to quebec for study visa, then where will it be scheduled?
In your case, it should be New Delhi/Hong Kong
5. Any other suggestions from you guys are most welcome.
6.what u guys think about my this thoughts?
Thanks in advance. :)
The idea is great. you can get yourself a local degree and by the time you finish, your qsw appl would have been completed.but there are other practical difficulties. The biggest hurdle will be getting a Student Visa. Your profile with a lot of years experience will be viewed suspiciously. One of the main criteria is to prove "ties to home country" or proof that you will return to your home country after studies. If they are not convinced, they will reject your application without further consideration.

But its worth a try.. if you've got some funds at your disposal. If it gets thru, then its real cool.

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
vibez_well said:
The idea is great. you can get yourself a local degree and by the time you finish, your qsw appl would have been completed.but there are other practical difficulties. The biggest hurdle will be getting a Student Visa. Your profile with a lot of years experience will be viewed suspiciously. One of the main criteria is to prove "ties to home country" or proof that you will return to your home country after studies. If they are not convinced, they will reject your application without further consideration.

But its worth a try.. if you've got some funds at your disposal. If it gets thru, then its real cool.
Hi vibez & hec006, thanks for your reply my friends.
Well, funds is not a problem. And If I am going to spend initial years of my life struggling in quebec as immigrant, then why caa not I do it well before getting my PR and also this quebec education will give me an edge over others in getting a better job.

@ vibez,
I actually didnt understand that why my study visa will not be granted if My intentions are to get settled in quebec after completion of my studies?

In fact, the recent changes in qsw is made to encourage such quebec students & temporary students to go for PR??
Am I not making some valid argument here?

@ hec006,
Yes you are very correct about increase in experience during my waiting period and the loss of money if I pursue my studies during waiting period.
But it is commonly expressed by already landed immigrants that your education and work experience acquired in your country of residence will not make any impact on canadian recruiter, when u start your job search in quebec, what this recruiters will be seeking will be "canadian experience" and "canadian education".
And this I am not going to get in my home country until and unless I land in quebec.

On the other hand, if I get enroled in 1 yr course in any medium-range university, then surely I can get the canadian education during the study I can also claim some hours of canadian experience.
And you are very true, It will be very difficult for me to get admission in McGill and similar universities. But I am lokking at the middle-rated colleges/universities.

Till now, I have not decided fully to implement this idea. Just checking pros & cons of the same. :)

But frankly speaking, it looks more better compared to just waiting anxiously for status updation about my csq application.

Bachar

Sep 12, 2011
mkshah said:
Well, funds is not a problem. And If I am going to spend initial years of my life struggling in quebec as immigrant, then why caa not I do it well before getting my PR and also this quebec education will give me an edge over others in getting a better job.

@ vibez,
I actually didnt understand that why my study visa will not be granted if My intentions are to get settled in quebec after completion of my studies?

In fact, the recent changes in qsw is made to encourage such quebec students & temporary students to go for PR??

@ hec006,
Yes you are very correct about increase in experience during my waiting period and the loss of money if I pursue my studies during waiting period.
But it is commonly expressed by already landed immigrants that your education and work experience acquired in your country of residence will not make any impact on canadian recruiter, when u start your job search in quebec, what this recruiters will be seeking will be "canadian experience" and "canadian education".
And this I am not going to get in my home country until and unless I land in quebec.

On the other hand, if I get enroled in 1 yr course in any medium-range university, then surely I can get the canadian education during the study I can also claim some hours of canadian experience.
And you are very true, It will be very difficult for me to get admission in McGill and similar universities. But I am lokking at the middle-rated colleges/universities.

Till now, I have not decided fully to implement this idea. Just checking pros & cons of the same. :)

But frankly speaking, it looks more better compared to just waiting anxiously for status updation about my csq application.
Hello Mkshah,
i wanna talk about your idea, my friend did the same in 2009, he was CSQ applicant and got an admission from a university in Quebec City to do his PhD,
for the visa stage no need to contact with BIQs, its a federal visa so you have to prepare your file and send it to the nearest Canadian embassy or consulate
for my friend case he got the visa and after more than one year in Quebec city they called him for CSQ interview in Montreal and he got it the same day ( of course his french was better and had a good experience in Quebec society and life style)
so he just spent 14 months with student visa and then his situation changed and became an immigrant

vibez_well

Mar 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ, HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
AOR Received.
Jul 2011
your logic is perfectly fine. and that is the catch ! :-\
a student visa is a temporary visa. you must prove to the VO that your intention is to come to canada to study. and that you will return back to your country after studying. you must convince the Vo of this to get your study permit approved.

the rulebook states that having a dual-intent is ok. but if the VO thinks that this is an attempt to immigrate to canada thru teh study visa route, then they will reject the appl. but once your visa is approved, they dont care a sh*t about whether you go back or stay back in canada forever. this is the stupidest thing ever, but thats the way it is ! ;D

here too there are 2 phases, you need to get a CAQ to study in QC. but you'll get that pretty quickly, no issues. its the feds that handle the study permit and that application goes to new delhi.

if funds arent an issue, then give it a shot dude. you can try for the winter intake (jan/feb)

mkshah said:
@ vibez,

niravk

Jul 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Friends

As per the new intake rules published on the immigration website, an applicant can file his application under the skilled worker class between April 01, 2012 to March 31, 2013 under a list of situations. Out of which, one situation is:

“You or your accompanying spouse hold a diploma awarded by a teaching institution in an area of training allowing you to get 6 (http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/publications/fr/divers/domaines-6.pdf), 12 or 16 points under the area of training criterion of the selection grid for skilled workers (see list, in French, 35 kb). The number of years of study required to obtain your diploma must be at least equal to the number of years required to obtain that diploma in Québec. This diploma was obtained less than five years before the date of your application. Failing that, you must have practiced, on a full-time basis and for at least one year out of the five years preceding the date of your application, a profession or trade in an area related to that diploma.”

However there is some confusion regarding intake of applications for those who have done B.com from India. I feel that anyone from India who is a commerce graduate in accounting and management, three years full time course (Techniques de comptabilité et de gestion – C038) can gain 6 points for his area of training even after implementation of this rule. This is equivalent to 14 years of full time studies in Quebec vis a vis 15 years of full time studies in India.

This is how I interpret the information. Correct me if I am wrong. Would be awaiting inputs of other senior members on this.

mef

Jan 9, 2010
Qatar
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-01-2010
Doc's Request.
n/a
Nomination.....
11-10-2010 (Interview & CSQ Received)
AOR Received.
07-03-2010 AOR (2):16-05-2010
IELTS Request
Along with Application
File Transfer...
20-12-2010 AOR Abu Dhabi 31-01-2011
Med's Request
16-08-2011
Med's Done....
10-09-2011 / additional medical on 22-11-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2012
LANDED..........
26-08-2012
Dear All – especially those who have landed already in MONTREAL -,

I need your help, the time of landing is approaching (26-Aug-2012), We have been looking online for Studio or Apartment since almost 2 weeks, all are expensive, they are asking for minimum of CAD 2000 / Month.

Please send me some links or contacts if you know any downtown decent independent places where we can live until we settle!
Waiting for your assistance.

Vio & Mef

vibez_well

Mar 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ, HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
AOR Received.
Jul 2011
hi, did you try craigslist.com ?
http://montreal.craigslist.ca/apa/

mef said:

I need your help, the time of landing is approaching (26-Aug-2012), We have been looking online for Studio or Apartment since almost 2 weeks, all are expensive, they are asking for minimum of CAD 2000 / Month.

Please send me some links or contacts if you know any downtown decent independent places where we can live until we settle!

Vio & Mef

Bachar

Sep 12, 2011
mef said:

Vio & Mef
Hello,
3 of my friends used this

www.berrisuites.ca

they said it has a good location in Montreal