QUEBEC APPLICANTS LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE

Patriots1700

Apr 9, 2012
USA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone ,

Do you guys think that traveling to quebec for a short time might help my selection process? Not in getting points kind of way , the most that my work would let me out is two weeks , do you think it's something i should do? In January i would be able to have 2 weeks vacation and i can afford the ticket , i have friends and an uncle there also , so i wouldn't have to pay for Hotel . I am just thinking of spending 1 week ,but if it won't make any difference on my file i rather save the money .So what you guys think ? Would i be able to write something about my trip ? Like i went to check schools and places to live for a week? Thanks.

Dishabhi

Jul 1, 2012
Hi Guys,

I have applied for PR Quebec, i have submitted the DD and application along with the required documents in the month on November 2011, i Received a acknowledgement from the Hong Kong office on Feb 6th of 2012.
Request you to please help me in finding the status on the same as i am unable to see the status on the below mentioned link.
services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do# , As its not identifying the numbers mentioned in the letter which i received from the Hong Kong Office.

please guid me which number to be used. I have received the below mentioned 2 numbers
1) No dossier
2) N ref ind.

Please help in to know the status as i am very much worried as i havent received any response after the latters received on Feb.

xse2573

Dec 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2012
Doc's Request.
July 2013
Nomination.....
March 2012
AOR Received.
June 2012
Med's Request
June 2012
Med's Done....
June 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
August 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
September 2013
Dishabhi said:
Hi Guys,

I have applied for PR Quebec, i have submitted the DD and application along with the required documents in the month on November 2011, i Received a acknowledgement from the Hong Kong office on Feb 6th of 2012.
Request you to please help me in finding the status on the same as i am unable to see the status on the below mentioned link.
services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do# , As its not identifying the numbers mentioned in the letter which i received from the Hong Kong Office.

please guid me which number to be used. I have received the below mentioned 2 numbers
1) No dossier
2) N ref ind.

Please help in to know the status as i am very much worried as i havent received any response after the latters received on Feb.
Hello
You CAN NOT check your status at this stage. It seems from your post that you are waiting for interview. So you are still at the GETTING THE CSQ stage. After the CSQ, you will file for QSW/FSW and then they will send you AOR and MR, from there you will have a new file number called UCI which you can now use to check your status.
I HOPE THIS HELP!!!

ambi1775

Star Member
Jul 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/08/2011
AOR Received.
22/02/2012
Interview........
02/04/2012,csq received same day
I think this is good idea, if u can afford it go for it.But u have to convince the visa officer and this is not easy game.

anyway good luck

ambi

mkshah said:
Thank you sharptooth & Pippin. So I got answers for my query 1 & 2 of below:
Pls help me with the other queries too.

1. if I can get admission in any of colleges in
montreal, can I still continue with my QSW
application?
2. Will this have any efffect on the result of my qsw application?

3. If I got admission in quebec college, then what will be my BIQ then? Currently, my biq is HK as I live in India and applied from here.

4: if I get interview after moving to quebec for study visa, then where will it be scheduled? In India/HK or @ montreal?

5. Any other suggestions from you guys are most welcome.

6.what u guys think about my this thoughts?

7. If I get admission as student in any quebec university, can I take my wife as dependent with me?

Thanks in advance.

niravk

Jul 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi

Can anyone help me on this.

As per the new intake rules published on the immigration website, an applicant can file his application under the skilled worker class between April 01, 2012 to March 31, 2013 under a list of situations. Out of which, one situation is:

“You or your accompanying spouse hold a diploma awarded by a teaching institution in an area of training allowing you to get 6 (http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/publications/fr/divers/domaines-6.pdf), 12 or 16 points under the area of training criterion of the selection grid for skilled workers (see list, in French, 35 kb). The number of years of study required to obtain your diploma must be at least equal to the number of years required to obtain that diploma in Québec. This diploma was obtained less than five years before the date of your application. Failing that, you must have practiced, on a full-time basis and for at least one year out of the five years preceding the date of your application, a profession or trade in an area related to that diploma.”

However there is some confusion regarding intake of applications for those who have done B.com from India. I feel that anyone from India who is a commerce graduate in accounting and management, three years full time course (Techniques de comptabilité et de gestion – C038) can gain 6 points for his area of training even after implementation of this rule. This is equivalent to 14 years of full time studies in Quebec vis a vis 15 years of full time studies in India.

This is how I interpret the information. Correct me if I am wrong. Would be awaiting inputs of other senior members on this.

Bachar

Sep 12, 2011
Patriots1700 said:
Hi everyone ,

Do you guys think that traveling to quebec for a short time might help my selection process? Not in getting points kind of way , the most that my work would let me out is two weeks , do you think it's something i should do? In January i would be able to have 2 weeks vacation and i can afford the ticket , i have friends and an uncle there also , so i wouldn't have to pay for Hotel . I am just thinking of spending 1 week ,but if it won't make any difference on my file i rather save the money .So what you guys think ? Would i be able to write something about my trip ? Like i went to check schools and places to live for a week? Thanks.

I think it's a good idea, here is one of forum members told us about his interview and how it was useful to him that he went to Montreal
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/quebec-applicants-lets-share-experience-t37196.8730.html

singh20 said:
Hi all.. just wanted to share my detailed experience with you all...

Me and my wife filled our Quebec Immigration Application on 12th Dec 2010.. from UK, England and got the interview call for 21st Aug 2011, which we postponed and then another interview request came for 16h Nov 2011.

Our Interview was in the Paris on 16th Nov 2011 at 2:30pm. We got there at 2:15pm and waited for the interviewer to call us in.

We were called in, after an hour of questions we got the CSQ.

Detailed stuff prior to the interview:

Me and my wife took 6 weeks French course from the language school, we got a certificate of them, which we inserted in our file submitted initially. Also, later on near the interview time, we took some private lessons of learning French for 2 months.. I also reckon anyone who is learning French, start with Michel Thomas learning and lessons of coffee break with French. This will really help you learning in a quick time.

We arranged for a trip to Canada – Montreal for 2 weeks in September 2011. It turned out to be a really good research trip.

We hired a self catering apartment for the duration and lived there as we were living there from a long time. We did grocery shopping, explored the city by visiting all the tourist places and also explored the neighbourhoods.

This Trip had been very benefited for our interview as we kept hold of all the receipts and the places we visited.. which later on we inserted in the file we prepared for our interview. Also, if you have stayed in Canada for at least 2 weeks you get 1 point too but most importantly it shows the interviewer you are serious and have solid plans to make that province your future home. I would strongly recommend if you can afford the time and money, please do make an effort for that visit.

Secondly, we prepared the file with the following documents..
- our detailed financial plan – stating how much money we had and what are outgoings would be.. i.e. rent, utility charges, grocery, transport, telephone.. (Interviewer didn't ask for it though.. we just prepared to give him all this.. Also we took recent bank statements but when we took it out from the file, he said I don't want to see any of your bank statements.)
- then we inserted all the job search we did.. study of the market in Montreal.. list of all the agencies or company's in Montreal.. any job offers or even any current job adverts.. we didn't had any job offers, we just took some job adverts with us. (which the interviewer was quite impressed with)
- Then we inserted our plans for learning French.. we took some leaflets from the Mcgill University (in Montreal, Quebec) and inquired for the French course, which we inserted in our prep file. Also, we took a letter from our private tutor, who stated our progress to what we had learnt so far.. i.e. phrases, tenses, colours, numbers, introduction.. very basic stuff.. (he was very impressed with this and said that's very good that you are taking pains in learning French)
- Then we inserted the knowledge we have about Quebec.. the seasons it has, the holidays, about the tax.. (Interviewer didn't see any of these though and didn't even ask anything about it.. but it's good to have..)
- Then, we inserted all the places we visited in Montreal... all the research we collected from there.. i.e. where would we get our phone contract from, where and how to get metro – fares.. (Again, the interviewer didn't see any of these.. I guess he was quite impressed with us already with our job searches.. but I would still suggest to prepare this detailed file.. it gives you such a confidence that you are prepared to answer any questions..

Detailed stuff during the interview:
Me and my wife both are a very basic French user but did prepare our answers in French.. and put quite a lot of effort in learning the phrases and a bit of vocabulary.

Our Interview was in the Paris on 16th Nov 2011 at 2:30pm. We got there at 2:15pm and waited for the interviewer to call us in.

Our Interviewer was very gentle and humble.. As we sat down, we did general French gestures and first thing the interviewer said.. I know you are a basic French user, so don't worry I will test your French learning later on in the interview.. I will talk to you in English.. (we felt very relived but still tried to answer in French where we could.. and kept on inserting little French gestures, later on the interview he never asked us anything to test our French.. I guess he didn't left with any time.. as our interview was later in the afternoon, he was in a rush to finish off with us)

Then he started confirming our names, addresses.. and asked for our passports and nationality.. asked if we had any kids.. (we answered all this in English.. )

Then he asked me about my work.. which I mentioned about where and what I work,. I showed him the appreciation letters I received from my work, which the interviewer quite liked.

Then he asked us that we have been in UK from last 10 years, now why do we want to migrate to Quebec.. what are our reasons and what adjustments did we had to make when we came over to UK.. (which I answered all in English)

And straight after this We mention to him about our visit to Montréal.. that we went there as a research visit and explored it.. and to which we showed him our flight itinerary and all the receipts and places we had visit..

He was quite impressed with our research visit though.. specially we plan it to explore the city.

Then he asked us if we know any job market in Quebec. To which, we showed him all the companies we searched within our field.. and the job adverts we saw onto those companies.

Then he asked my wife about her work, even though it wasn't calculated into any points.

Then he asked us if we have any kids.. we said not yet but are planning to have once we reach to Montreal.

In between some where in middle of asking questions.. he said don't worry I am going to give you a good news shortly.. and then carried on asking few more general questions about our plans of learning French and telling us in general about Paris and Quebec..

Then he said welcome to Quebec.. and he printed off the CSQ.. and then he told us to start collecting all our documents which were on his table (the documents which we have been taking out from our files to show him) and then he printed the other useful letters along with the CSQ, which told us the procedure of what to do next.

This whole interview process took an hour.. but questions in general would have been only 20 minutes.. it was a very relaxed interview. I would say 90% in English and 10% in French..

I would suggest.. wear smart clothes, be confident in showing any document and talk clear and honest.

Good Luck..

Patriots1700

Apr 9, 2012
USA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you so much Bachar ! Your post really helped me clear my doubts , now i know for sure so i will start getting ready for the trip .

manojneelu

Star Member
Jun 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ-HK/VO-ND
NOC Code......
2146 Aeronautical Engineer
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-06-2012
Doc's Request.
Not yet
AOR Received.
Not yet
IELTS Request
Results sent / 7.5 band
LANDED..........
2013...??
niravk,

I agree with you. Basically, there are different education levels, in which applicants may earn 6 points. So after, Secondary School Diploma (SSD) which is earned after 11 years of education in Quebec, there are options one can choose: Vocational Training (DVS) or Technical DCS or Pre-University Diploma.

In your case, you have Accounting and Management, three years full time college diploma which is equivalent to Accounting and Management Techniques (DCS-3 yrs) in the 2009 List of Area of Training in Section C, College Level Technical Training. As you rightly said, you spent 15 yrs completing this course compared to 14 yrs required in the Quebec system.

So, it's important to see at what level your diploma/degree fall in to. Accordingly, you need to calculate minimum number of years of studies you need to have to be equivalent to a Quebec diploma/degree to earn (at least) 6 points.

Well, this is my humble opinion, and everyone else is entitled to theirs. I respect and welcome other opinions. Because, I am here in this forum to learn from others.

niravk said:
Hi Friends

As per the new intake rules published on the immigration website, an applicant can file his application under the skilled worker class between April 01, 2012 to March 31, 2013 under a list of situations. Out of which, one situation is:

“You or your accompanying spouse hold a diploma awarded by a teaching institution in an area of training allowing you to get 6 (http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/publications/fr/divers/domaines-6.pdf), 12 or 16 points under the area of training criterion of the selection grid for skilled workers (see list, in French, 35 kb). The number of years of study required to obtain your diploma must be at least equal to the number of years required to obtain that diploma in Québec. This diploma was obtained less than five years before the date of your application. Failing that, you must have practiced, on a full-time basis and for at least one year out of the five years preceding the date of your application, a profession or trade in an area related to that diploma.”

However there is some confusion regarding intake of applications for those who have done B.com from India. I feel that anyone from India who is a commerce graduate in accounting and management, three years full time course (Techniques de comptabilité et de gestion – C038) can gain 6 points for his area of training even after implementation of this rule. This is equivalent to 14 years of full time studies in Quebec vis a vis 15 years of full time studies in India.

This is how I interpret the information. Correct me if I am wrong. Would be awaiting inputs of other senior members on this.

manojneelu

Star Member
Jun 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ-HK/VO-ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-06-2012
Doc's Request.
Not yet
AOR Received.
Not yet
IELTS Request
Results sent / 7.5 band
LANDED..........
2013...??
hec006,

- No, this was not the case before June 29. Before June 29, applicant or his spouse ( who has completed their degree more than 5 years before and also doesn't have experience in their academic field) can apply, but that applicant was not eligible for AOT points, but was eligible for his/her degree points. Now, these applicants can't apply anymore.

I think, applicants are still eligible for AOT points (unless, they have now changed the 2009 List of Areas of Training. For example, if you have a Diploma of Vocational Studies (DVS) in "Home Care" or equivalent, you can still earn 6 points for AOT.
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/publications/en/diverses/list-training.pdf

- Thanks for providing the link. It is easy to clarify. In Quebec, Degree ( Compared to B.Sc, B.Com in India, Pakistan) is obtained by the people in 16 years(Secondary school[6 years]+ General Studies[5years]+Pre-University Studies[2 years]+bachelor degree[3 years]), But in India, Pakistan.. it is after 15 years( Highre secondary [12 years]+ degree course [3 years]). So, previously these 15 years study people were eligible for apply and also for degree points but not for AOT points(there is a special table for India & Pakistan), but now onwards, these people are not eligible to apply.

I think, it's essential to see at what level, a diploma/degree fall in to (Vocational, College or University level). Accordingly, you need to calculate minimum number of years of studies you need to have to be equivalent to a Quebec diploma/degree to earn (at least) 6 points for AOT.

Well, this is my humble opinion, while I fully respect yours!

hec006 said:
manojneelu said:
hec006,
"...only those people( and also their spouse), who has completed their degree more than 5 years before and also doesn't have experience in their academic field.. will not be able to apply,..."

But, I think, this was the case, even before June 29 guidelines. In my humble opinion, nothing has changed regarding this rule!!
- No, this was not the case before June 29. Before June 29, applicant or his spouse ( who has completed their degree more than 5 years before and also doesn't have experience in their academic field) can apply, but that applicant was not eligible for AOT points, but was eligible for his/her degree points. Now, these applicants can't apply anymore.
"...the degree completion time should match with Quebec for applicant or for their spouse..."

I agree. For everyone's benefit, here is a link to info on Quebec Education System available on MICC's official website:

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/education/finding-education/index.html
- Thanks for providing the link. It is easy to clarify. In Quebec, Degree ( Compared to B.Sc, B.Com in India, Pakistan) is obtained by the people in 16 years(Secondary school[6 years]+ General Studies[5years]+Pre-University Studies[2 years]+bachelor degree[3 years]), But in India, Pakistan.. it is after 15 years( Highre secondary [12 years]+ degree course [3 years]). So, previously these 15 years study people were eligible for apply and also for degree points but not for AOT points(there is a special table for India & Pakistan), but now onwards, these people are not eligible to apply.

So, no reduction in applicants in this category- Definitely change has been happened.

[/quote

Every month this gazette releases in Quebec to reflect the change in any Governmental Rule.

Indian4mSA

Star Member
Jun 14, 2012
Sandton, South Africa
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2012
AOR Received.
21-07-2012
vickyRocks said:
Did u got ur AOR? If u have tha. U have to wait for them to contact u or u can simply send email to know the progress of ur application.
I have not received any AOR yet. But i sent the mail to those guys and got reply saying my application has been received on 18th May 2012 and is waiting response.

jain.payal82

May 26, 2012
HI ALl,
Please let me know if the Btech Computer Science and Engg gradutes from India will still be getting AOT 6 points because Btech in India takes 16 years as (10+2+4) and in the link mentioned below they are looking for a minimum study of 17 to 18 years in computer science.

Please help me clarifying my doubts.

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/publications/fr/divers/domaines-6.pdf
the Link is in french and hence not able to understand this.

lemans207

Champion Member
Oct 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DID they deduct your money? sometimes it take long time or they send it to wrong address as happened to me :p

Indian4mSA said:
I have not received any AOR yet. But i sent the mail to those guys and got reply saying my application has been received on 18th May 2012 and is waiting response.

c82

Star Member
Jan 23, 2012
Hi All,

Please suggest...

In My case I have completed my BCA in 2003(10+2+3) and I have completed My Master MSC IT in 2010.so Total is 10+2+3+3=18 years and I already have relavent expriance in IT field.Can I submit the applicatin.

manojneelu

Star Member
Jun 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ-HK/VO-ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-06-2012
Doc's Request.
Not yet
AOR Received.
Not yet
IELTS Request
Results sent / 7.5 band
LANDED..........
2013...??
jain.payal82,

There are two categories listed at University level (Niveau Universitaire) for foreign Computer diplomas. One is, "Génie informatique et de la construction des ordinateurs (BACC. - 4 ans)", which translates to Computer Engineering (bachelor's 4 yrs), and another is "Science de l'informatique (BACC. - 3 ans)" which translates to Computer Science (bachelor's 3 yrs).

My understanding is that your qualification should match to 3-yr Computer Science diploma.

By the way, there is another Computer diploma which is listed under College Level education (Niveau Collégial Technique). That is, Computer Science Techniques (DCS - 3 yrs), which is earned after 14 yrs of education in Quebec and earns 6 points!

Why don't you refer to English version of the "2009 List of Areas of Training", look in Section C, University Level.
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/publications/en/diverses/list-training.pdf

Hope this helps. This is only my personal opinion and isn't an expert advice.

jain.payal82 said:
HI ALl,
Please let me know if the Btech Computer Science and Engg gradutes from India will still be getting AOT 6 points because Btech in India takes 16 years as (10+2+4) and in the link mentioned below they are looking for a minimum study of 17 to 18 years in computer science.

Please help me clarifying my doubts.

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/publications/fr/divers/domaines-6.pdf
the Link is in french and hence not able to understand this.

manojneelu

Star Member
Jun 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ-HK/VO-ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-06-2012
Doc's Request.
Not yet
AOR Received.
Not yet
IELTS Request
Results sent / 7.5 band
LANDED..........
2013...??
Yes, you can, provided it was full-time education!

Good luck.

c82 said:
Hi All,

Please suggest...

In My case I have completed my BCA in 2003(10+2+3) and I have completed My Master MSC IT in 2010.so Total is 10+2+3+3=18 years and I already have relavent expriance in IT field.Can I submit the applicatin.