Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2011
AOR Received.
09-03-2012
HeLlo guys. Just to share the news. - passed my interview yesterday at biq paris. It was very easy and the interviewer told me he was so impressed by my organisation skills, my knowledge and the fact that i spoke both french and english. He told me i scored full mark on french, english and adaptability. I will put a resume of my interview.
Thanks to all members. Although i never asked any questions, i read this forum everyday, look at answers and go with my own gut, opinions and research. So now - am getting ready for the visa process

Dear laberwoman
I am still waiting for laberwoman interview experience, can you please share your experience.
Q boy

manojneelu

Star Member
Jun 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ-HK/VO-ND
NOC Code......
2146 Aeronautical Engineer
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-06-2012
Doc's Request.
Not yet
AOR Received.
Not yet
IELTS Request
Results sent / 7.5 band
LANDED..........
2013...??
Well, if either English or French is an official language (primary or secondary) in your country, sending address labels are not necessary. But, if this is not the case, even then I don't think there is any specific requirement about the size. You just need to ensure that the labels are big enough to be used on a A4 size (8x11 inch) envelope. And yes, you can print them using a printer (just kidding... ;D). Well, I think, you can print in 2-3 sizes and verify which one suits best for a A4 size envelope. It's that easy!

Hope this helps!

sharptooth said:
what should be the dimensions of address labels and how to print them ????????plz guide me on this

bluecougar26

Star Member
Jul 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala City
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-08-2011 QSW, 01-06-2012 Federal
Doc's Request.
n/a
Nomination.....
26-04-2012
AOR Received.
26-08-2011 QSW, 04-07-2012 FED, 14-08-2012 2nd AOR
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
20-09-2012
Med's Done....
22-09-2012
Interview........
26-04-2012 QSW, Waived for Federal
Passport Req..
20-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2012
sharptooth said:
what should be the dimensions of address labels and how to print them ????????plz guide me on this
There are no specified dimensions, as far as I know they can be handwritten and you should still be fine. If you still want to print them, use a regular blank sticker and print your address over it using a regular printer, just as you would print and envelope.

Stop stressing about this.

Patriots1700

Apr 9, 2012
USA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can you still send the application while waiting for English test result and then update the file when the results are in ? or do i have to wait for them first ? What do you guys think ?

vibez_well

Mar 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ, HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
AOR Received.
Jul 2011
Patriots1700, you will have to include the results if you need points for english.
Patriots1700 said:
Can you still send the application while waiting for English test result and then update the file when the results are in ? or do i have to wait for them first ? What do you guys think ?

Patriots1700

Apr 9, 2012
USA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you Vibez_well ...so it means i have to wait another 6 weeks ! I didn't want to hear this but i guess i have no other choice.

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
hello friends,

I sent my application in Sep-2011 and got AOR in Nov-2011. Waiting for almost 9 months now.
And looking at the statistics, it will take more 1 year or 1.5 year to get CSQ and then 8-12 months for federal process.
I dont want to spend this time in anxiety of stress and waiting, but want to do something that can be useful for me in future.
during this period, I thought of applying to any of quebec university and getting quebec degree.

So, pls help me with following queries:
1. if I can get admission in any of colleges in montreal, can I still continue with my QSW application?
2. Will this have any efffect on the result of my qsw application?
3. If I got admission in quebec college, then what will be my BIQ then? Currently, my biq is HK as I live in India and applied from here.
4: if I get interview after moving to quebec for study visa, then where will it be scheduled?
5. Any other suggestions from you guys are most welcome.
6.what u guys think about my this thoughts?
Thanks in advance. :)

sharptooth

Star Member
Feb 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
biq-hk
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bluecougar26 said:
There are no specified dimensions, as far as I know they can be handwritten and you should still be fine. If you still want to print them, use a regular blank sticker and print your address over it using a regular printer, just as you would print and envelope.

Stop stressing about this.
thanks a lot.....

sharptooth

Star Member
Feb 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
biq-hk
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mkshah said:
hello friends,

I sent my application in Sep-2011 and got AOR in Nov-2011. Waiting for almost 9 months now.
And looking at the statistics, it will take more 1 year or 1.5 year to get CSQ and then 8-12 months for federal process.
I dont want to spend this time in anxiety of stress and waiting, but want to do something that can be useful for me in future.
during this period, I thought of applying to any of quebec university and getting quebec degree.

So, pls help me with following queries:
1. if I can get admission in any of colleges in montreal, can I still continue with my QSW application?
3. If I got admission in quebec college, then what will be my BIQ then? Currently, my biq is HK as I live in India and applied from here.
4: if I get interview after moving to quebec for study visa, then where will it be scheduled?
Thanks in advance. :)

dear mk shah if you get admission in any course being taught in french then it will speed up your application as it fastens your integration in quebec society
but if you get admission in a course being taught in english it may lead to biq guys thinking that you are not a genuine quebec immigrant and you are looking for oppurtunities across canada as a course in english opens up oppurtunities not only across canada but across north america as quebec institutions are known for their world class education like mcgill etc.

so my suggestion if course is in french then go ahead if in english then wait my friend for the pr then you are free to do anything

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
sharptooth said:
dear mk shah if you get admission in any course being taught in french then it will speed up your application as it fastens your integration in quebec society
but if you get admission in a course being taught in english it may lead to biq guys thinking that you are not a genuine quebec immigrant and you are looking for oppurtunities across canada as a course in english opens up oppurtunities not only across canada but across north america as quebec institutions are known for their world class education like mcgill etc.

so my suggestion if course is in french then go ahead if in english then wait my friend for the pr then you are free to do anything
Just a small aside, McGill is actually an English speaking Uni and students must "demonstrate suitable proficiency in the use of English". In addition, "every student has the right to write term papers, examinations and theses in English or in French, except in courses where knowledge of a language is one of the objectives of the course." http://www.mcgill.ca/conted/applyregister/language/

sharptooth

Star Member
Feb 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
biq-hk
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pippin said:
Just a small aside, McGill is actually an English speaking Uni and students must "demonstrate suitable proficiency in the use of English". In addition, "every student has the right to write term papers, examinations and theses in English or in French, except in courses where knowledge of a language is one of the objectives of the course." http://www.mcgill.ca/conted/applyregister/language/
thats what i was saying a degree from mcgill means global opportunities and that means less chances of settlement in quebec and as a result you pr application gets affected

maruf_bd

Jun 28, 2011
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October, 2016
Doc's Request.
March 01, 2017
Hello Friends

This is Maruf from Bangladesh. I have applied for Quebec Immigration in June 10, 2011 and got the AOR in June 17, 2011. After that I have done my french course. Me and my wife successfully completed DELF A1 and DELF A2. As per my lawyer (Canadian) she told me to target for A2, and I have successfully pass the DELF A2 certification. My question, is the DELF A2 enough for me and my spouse? Or, I should start DELF B1, which will be another one year course. I am a System Analyst with 6 yrs work experience (age: 32 yrs) and my wife is a Associate. Manager in a reputed local Bank. I am planning to do the IELTS within a month. My Bachelor degree is from UK and I have also a MBA degree in Marketing, my wife have a Bachelor in Business and she has her O and A-Level certification. Friends, can you please suggest, what areas we should concentrate now?

Thanks for your Co-operation.

Regards

Maruf

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
sharptooth said:
thats what i was saying a degree from mcgill means global opportunities and that means less chances of settlement in quebec and as a result you pr application gets affected
Thank you sharptooth & Pippin. So I got answers for my query 1 & 2 of below:
Pls help me with the other queries too.

1. if I can get admission in any of colleges in
montreal, can I still continue with my QSW
application?

4: if I get interview after moving to quebec for study visa, then where will it be scheduled? In India/HK or @ montreal?

7. If I get admission as student in any quebec university, can I take my wife as dependent with me?

Thanks in advance.

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
hi,
ur profile is very strong and I am sure you are able to cross miminum 60 points with your credentials.

A2 level is considered as high beginner level and corresponds to 3-4 on the scale of 12 as it was asked in old applications for CSQ formats.

So, if you have mentioned ur level as high beginner for you and your wife in Application for CSQ, it is okay, else you must reach to the level mentioned by you.

My suggestion will be to continue your french learning as it will help you in quickly settling in quebec as well as the higher level in french will help you to get more points of adaptability during interview for CSQ.

Hope it helps.
maruf_bd said:
Hello Friends

This is Maruf from Bangladesh. I have applied for Quebec Immigration in June 10, 2011 and got the AOR in June 17, 2011. After that I have done my french course. Me and my wife successfully completed DELF A1 and DELF A2. As per my lawyer (Canadian) she told me to target for A2, and I have successfully pass the DELF A2 certification. My question, is the DELF A2 enough for me and my spouse? Or, I should start DELF B1, which will be another one year course. I am a System Analyst with 6 yrs work experience (age: 32 yrs) and my wife is a Associate. Manager in a reputed local Bank. I am planning to do the IELTS within a month. My Bachelor degree is from UK and I have also a MBA degree in Marketing, my wife have a Bachelor in Business and she has her O and A-Level certification. Friends, can you please suggest, what areas we should concentrate now?

Thanks for your Co-operation.

Regards

Maruf

sharptooth

Star Member
Feb 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
biq-hk
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mkshah said:
Thank you sharptooth & Pippin. So I got answers for my query 1 & 2 of below:
Pls help me with the other queries too.

1. if I can get admission in any of colleges in
montreal, can I still continue with my QSW
application?

3. If I got admission in quebec college, then what will be my BIQ then? Currently, my biq is HK as I live in India and applied from here.although biq remains hong kong but if you put forward a request to them they can transfer your case to quebec but u need to confirm it from them although it can be a bit risky as i explained in my previous post

4: if I get interview after moving to quebec for study visa, then where will it be scheduled? In India/HK or @ montreal?as i said the case is with biq hk but it can be transferred upon request

5. Any other suggestions from you guys are most welcome.my suggestion get admission in a course taught in french for that u need atleast delf b2 proficiency

6.what u guys think about my this thoughts?if u start taking a course management or technical being taught in french it will speed up ur application

7. If I get admission as student in any quebec university, can I take my wife as dependent with me?yes sure it is always offered as an option with study visa

Thanks in advance.