+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC APPLICANTS LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE

bkm23578

Feb 22, 2012
Hello,

I want to know what documents are required for proving work experience. Although the Quebec PNP site mentions (as quoted below) that a work experience certificate and an employment contract copy is all that is required, I am guessing that having salary payslips and other proof handy would be better, just in case they want to verify more at a later time.

The problem with me is that I work in a small firm where firstly, I am paid in cash and secondly, the boss doesn't give me any salary payslips. Also, I was never given any contract letter as such. Also, I don't file any IR-forms or something.

So all that I would have is a work experience letter. Should I ask my boss for salary slips and a contract letter before applying for the Quebec CSQ? And anything else? I want to be 100% sure that my application is not rejected because of the lack of work exp documents.

What should I do? Please help!

Krups84

Star Member
Sep 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
24-01-2017
IELTS Request
Submitted with file
Med's Request
22-02-2017
Med's Done....
22-02-2017
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
nevillek said:
Hey mkshah,

Thanks a lot. So 6 points for English (I'm very fluent) and 6 points for French A2, right? I've heard that they're giving 4 points for A2 though?
Hi Nevil,

Sorry, not able to send replies. some how found this link of yours. can you come back on my last thread of message, as we can carry on from there on.. thanks

xse2573

Dec 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2012
Doc's Request.
July 2013
Nomination.....
March 2012
AOR Received.
June 2012
Med's Request
June 2012
Med's Done....
June 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
August 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
September 2013
Ortega1 said:
Hello Guys,

I am in a bit of a tight corner right now. I just got a letter from BIQ Paris, that our application has been rejected which is different from what the lady told us during the interview. She said if we can get A2 level in French, then we can send the certificate to her, before she could issue our CSQ, but now we just got this rejection letter. We scored 59points without any points in french instead of the required 63points, and going through the points breakdown I found out that the Lady didn't give any points on adaptability. And I think this is not right because most of the questions she asked we answered them, provided evidence of job serch in quebec, spoke about major companies in Quebec that has vacancies in our area of study and experience (business and account), she didn't sk us anything about our knowledge of QUEBEC. As a result of this I want to file for Administrative review of this decision. My question/request from forum members now is
(i) How do I file for this administrative review
(ii) what Kind of form do I have to fill
(iii) Can somebody help me with a format of how to write it or to a site/place where I can access information that will enable me to write the adminitrative review application.
(iv) Any information, guidance and ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Please feel to ask me any qestion to clarify any of the points that I ahave raised.

Thak
Sorry to read that they can break a promise to you....even after telling you to go and redo the french language test...well what exactly is her reason for your rejections?

4glory

Feb 22, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
September 2012
mkshah said:
Hi 4glory,
welcome to the forum, surely you will get timely help and support of the forum friends here.. :)
Thanks Mkshah

harshjohn

Jul 2, 2010
hi!

I was just filling the forms CSQ and i have a doubt. i m the principle applicant.

1. The form Application for selection certificate has to be filled by me only or my spouse also???

2. There is one more form titled A-0520-CA. I want to know if my wife has to fill this form also?? I dont have any children.

Thanks in advance.

4glory

Feb 22, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
September 2012
bkm23578 said:
Hello,

I want to know what documents are required for proving work experience. Although the Quebec PNP site mentions (as quoted below) that a work experience certificate and an employment contract copy is all that is required, I am guessing that having salary payslips and other proof handy would be better, just in case they want to verify more at a later time.

The problem with me is that I work in a small firm where firstly, I am paid in cash and secondly, the boss doesn't give me any salary payslips. Also, I was never given any contract letter as such. Also, I don't file any IR-forms or something.

So all that I would have is a work experience letter. Should I ask my boss for salary slips and a contract letter before applying for the Quebec CSQ? And anything else? I want to be 100% sure that my application is not rejected because of the lack of work exp documents.

What should I do? Please help!
@bkm23578
I will recommend that if your employer is approachable then you should request for a letter of employment from him back dated to when you joined the company and paystubs for the last three months as requested for an application, if possible an additional letter stating your duties in the company otherwise your claims of experience might not be taken seriously because it is standard practice for anybody in employment to be issued a letter of employment, memos of salary reviews, promotion letter and the likes, these are examples of what I presented for my own case with which I obtained my CSQ.

4glory

Feb 22, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
September 2012
Ayinka said:
Hey there,

I received my CSQ without an interview but I'm fluent in French. I believe that the interview is mainly to check language proficiency. Good luck.
@Ayinka,
Could you be the same person that wrote the TCF Quebec exams with my wife and I very late year 2010 under Elodih's supervision at AF. Reading your post with my wife, your name struck her mind as the same Yinka that blasted the exams excellently, if you are the same person am not surprised with your receiving your CSQ without an interview because you are indeed fluent in French.

maccuet

Aug 22, 2011
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07 Sep. 2011
Doc's Request.
No
AOR Received.
22 Oct. 2011
IELTS Request
Sent along with application
Interview........
Waiting
Dear Seniors Osama/Angleeye/Javeed

I mis-calculate my points previously. It was exact what I need but now I found difference:
1) Education: B.SC in Civil Engineering 4 years from Bangladesh =10
2) Area of training (AOT)- Civil Engineer with foreign degree =06
3) Work Experience 4years related with study =08
4) Age 26 years =16
5) Language IELTS S-7 L-6 =05
6)Financial Self-Sufficiency =01

Total= 46 only
So i have shortage of 49-46 =03 points. Could anyone suggest me what I can do now? Please give all possible solution. I have sent my application on 07 September 2011 and my first AOR was on 22 October 2011.
I will appreciate your kind attention.

Regards
Mahadi

applicante.ph

Star Member
May 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ-HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
March 11 2013
Ortega1 said:
Hello Guys,

I am in a bit of a tight corner right now. I just got a letter from BIQ Paris, that our application has been rejected which is different from what the lady told us during the interview. She said if we can get A2 level in French, then we can send the certificate to her, before she could issue our CSQ, but now we just got this rejection letter. We scored 59points without any points in french instead of the required 63points, and going through the points breakdown I found out that the Lady didn't give any points on adaptability. And I think this is not right because most of the questions she asked we answered them, provided evidence of job serch in quebec, spoke about major companies in Quebec that has vacancies in our area of study and experience (business and account), she didn't sk us anything about our knowledge of QUEBEC. As a result of this I want to file for Administrative review of this decision. My question/request from forum members now is
(i) How do I file for this administrative review
(ii) what Kind of form do I have to fill
(iii) Can somebody help me with a format of how to write it or to a site/place where I can access information that will enable me to write the adminitrative review application.
(iv) Any information, guidance and ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Please feel to ask me any qestion to clarify any of the points that I ahave raised.

Thak

Hi im sad to hear your case..

Please answer the following questions for clarification and consideration of advice

1. What level of french did you claim with ur DCS
2.when did you send ur application to BIQ
3. During ur interview was it completely english? U may specify the % of frenc/english
4. Whats ur AOT?
5. Did the woman told u that there's a limit for the submission of the result? Or did she gave uintent to reject letter? Usually this comes 1st prior rejection.. Thanks

wakhta

Feb 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2011
AOR Received.
08-04-2011
Bonjour All my Seniors forum members ( JaveedIslam,MKShah,angeleye and others),
I am Telecom engineer having Master degree in Telecom (Total 16years education) 5years+ related experience as a Telecom Engineer. I am from Pakistan

Plz let me know which category i fall? Mean priority or Normal
second, what will be the numbers i can get?

Master degree+Training?

Third, What will be my NOC fall?

Plz reply me.

Regards

Engr.Waheed

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
hi grim,
There are differing views of forum members on this:
One member i didnt remember his name, has actually submitted his A2 result and he received his preliminary review letter after 6th dec 2011 in which he got 4 points for A2 (3+1) so he was rewarded points as per new rules though he is a pre-6th dec applicant.

On the other side, as per attorney david cohen of this site, this changes in language rules being reatro-active, pre 6th dec applicants will not be affected by change in language rules.

So as per him, for A1, 2 points (1+1) and for A2, 6 points (3+3) will be given, irrespective of your scores.

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
hi mahadi,
I feel that You are lucky as you sent your application before 6th dec and therefore you can surely submit ur lanfuage proficiency certificates at later stage also.

I checked ur points calculation and based on that I can suggest you to learn french and reach to atleast A2 level of DELF.
A1 level will give you 1+1 points and A2 will give you 3+3 points.

Also Alliance Francaise is the best institute for learning french worldwide. And for A1/A2 you can take their extensive course. This will prepare you for A1 level and for A2 you can prepare by self-study too.
I dont know which is ur BIQ, but nowadays it takes almost 10-12 months after AOR fo get interview and you have enough time to get A2 level proficiency.
wish you good luck buddy. :)

maccuet said:

I mis-calculate my points previously. It was exact what I need but now I found difference:
4) Age 26 years =16

Total= 46 only
So i have shortage of 49-46 =03 points. Could anyone suggest me what I can do now? Please give all possible solution. I have sent my application on 07 September 2011 and my first AOR was on 22 October 2011.

Regards
Mahadi

javeedislam

Feb 6, 2012
Bahrain
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
NOC Code......
U112
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-09-2010
Doc's Request.
16 May 2014 updated on 03 Aug 2014
Nomination.....
Not yet
AOR Received.
26-04-2011
IELTS Request
03 August 2014 as well as TCFQ
File Transfer...
soon INSHALLAH
Med's Request
Not yet
Med's Done....
Not yet
Interview........
Not yet
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Soon Inshallah
LANDED..........
soon by the Grace of Allah, Inshallah
maccuet said:

4) Age 26 years =16

Total= 46 only

Regards
Mahadi
Dear Maccuet

Your Education Points = 10
Your Area of Training Points = 12 (referred to Area of Training 2009)
Your Quebec Employment offer Points = 0
Your Work Experience Points = 8
Your Age Points = 16
Your French Listening Points = 0
Your French Speaking Points = 0
Your English Listening Points = 2
Your English Speaking Points = 2
Your Lived/Stayed in Quebec Points = 0
Your Family in Quebec Points = 0
Spouse Characteristics = 0
You cannot claim points Child = 0
Financial Self-sufficiency Points = 1
</b>Total Points = 51</b>

grimreaper

Oct 24, 2010
mkshah said:
hi grim,
There are differing views of forum members on this:
One member i didnt remember his name, has actually submitted his A2 result and he received his preliminary review letter after 6th dec 2011 in which he got 4 points for A2 (3+1) so he was rewarded points as per new rules though he is a pre-6th dec applicant.

On the other side, as per attorney david cohen of this site, this changes in language rules being reatro-active, pre 6th dec applicants will not be affected by change in language rules.

So as per him, for A1, 2 points (1+1) and for A2, 6 points (3+3) will be given, irrespective of your scores.

Thanks for that note MKS

pony

Oct 24, 2011
Vietnam
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ Hong Kong
NOC Code......
5124 --&gt; 1123
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2011
AOR Received.
15-12-2011
IELTS Request
Overall 8, sent with application
I received results of my DELF Tests today. I got 85/100 for B1, all skills above 16/25. For B2, I got 50.5/100, all skills are from 8-15/25. That means I will get 8 points for French ability. Should I submit both results of B1 and B2? Or just the B1? Because the points of both are the same. Please advise. Thank you.