+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC APPLICANTS LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE

OsamaR

Mar 24, 2011
c82 said:
Can anybody tell me what is ....

Group 1: If your degree is from outside Quebec
Means your degree was obtained from a university outside Quebec, you fall under this group.
Group 1: If your degree is from Quebec
and if your degree was obtained from a university in Quebec, then you fall under this group. and the same for group2.
Group 2: If your degree is from outside Quebec
Group 2: If your degree is from Quebec

What does it mean?I dont understand...
So if your degree is in Computer Engineering from Quebec, then you fall under group1, and if it is in Computer Engineering but from outside Quebec then you fall under group 2.

knivesvente

Star Member
Mar 6, 2012
Philippines
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Buddies!

May I meekly request of REASSESSMENT for my credentials as for the new rule which are as follows:

1. Age : 25 on July

2. Education : obtained in the Philippines

a.) If I only to submit my Bachelor of Science in Nursing Diploma and TOR.

b.) If I were to submit a certification that I had finished my Masters of Arts in Nursing, as for the reason that my Diploma and Transcript of Records hasn't been released yet.

3. Area of Training : Emergency Room Nurse/Part-time Instructor

4. Years of Training : 4 years on April

5. IELTS : 6.5 in all sub-tests

6. French : I have my Certification for Basic French but I haven't taken the TEF yet. Should I include it on my application though I intend not to claim points on it?

7. Proof of Funds : I have more than enough on the required amount.

8. Relative : I have Aunt in Vancouver B.C.

Thank you in advance!

fasohere

Mar 4, 2008
Dear All,
I have a query regarding French Language. Is it compulsory to have some level of French Language before submitting the application? I qualify without French Language ability so do I still need to learn and undergo some test?

Please advise.

c82

Star Member
Jan 23, 2012
Daer OSMA and Harit,

I have done my Master of science in information technology(MSC IT) and BCA (Bachelor of computer application).Please suggest in which group I would fall.

AS per the agent they have given 12 point for master and 6 point for AOT.total 18 point it is right?

As per my understanding AOT points would be given on experiance which should be relevant to your education.

Am I Right?

grimreaper

Oct 24, 2010
c82 said:
Daer OSMA and Harit,

I have done my Master of science in information technology(MSC IT) and BCA (Bachelor of computer application).Please suggest in which group I would fall.

AS per the agent they have given 12 point for master and 6 point for AOT.total 18 point it is right?

As per my understanding AOT points would be given on experiance which should be relevant to your education.

Am I Right?

You'd get the 6 points under two conditiions:
If you have completed your Masters in the last 5 years from the date of application
Or if you have experience related to the degree in the last five years if you have done the education before 5 years.
So probably you have done the masters within the last 5 years

Janki

Star Member
Sep 22, 2011
Gujarat
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2013
Nomination.....
Csq August 16
AOR Received.
28-06-2013
IELTS Request
not given
File Transfer...
Federal applied on 1st September got Aor 6th December 16
Med's Request
29th December 16
Med's Done....
2nd Jan 17
Interview........
Na
Passport Req..
Waiting
Hi Friends....
Having Big Problem...Please Help....

I Have done BSc. Chemistry (12+3). In new rules it is specified as below.
"You or your accompanying spouse hold a diploma awarded by a teaching institution in an area of training allowing you to get 12 or 16 points under the area of training criterion of the selection grid for skilled workers (see list, in French, 35 kb). The number of years of study required to obtain your diploma must be at least equal to the number of years required to obtain that diploma in Québec. "

So for University Degree in Chemistry in Quebec takes 16 years.. and in India it takes 15 years.
But they also mentions that 3 years University degree is need and that I have. So should I apply?

Please help......

Styl Hunt

Star Member
Jan 14, 2012
Karachi, Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Honk Kong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-03-2012
badalpharm said:
You are good to go, because chemistry degree in Quebec is also of three years.

Check this link
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/publications/en/diverses/list-training.pdf
but they never give 12 point (AOT) on 3 years Bachelor degree (total 15 years) and will give zero point for AOT , we have will to show 3 years +1 year Master or equivalent 16 years of education. beacuse my NOC is 2112 as well .

regards

AA

Styl Hunt

Star Member
Jan 14, 2012
Karachi, Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Honk Kong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-03-2012
francaise said:
it's not like that they don't require foreign workers. Already Québec is struggling with a backlog of immigration applications. To eliminate this backlog, they took this decision. I am sure once the backlog gets eliminated, they will again relax some rules a bit. I heard that they are going to implement some strict rules for french language in the near future.
I fully agree with Francaise, beacuse they want to wipe out , those have less French Level as well as In Quebec Anglooo qty is inceasing day by day so they want to keep french domination rather than English , thats why they are tighting and shrink the polices for Angloo guys so that they could conecenrate to study french more... :)

regards

AAA

Styl Hunt

Star Member
Jan 14, 2012
Karachi, Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Honk Kong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-03-2012
fasohere said:
Dear All,
I have a query regarding French Language. Is it compulsory to have some level of French Language before submitting the application? I qualify without French Language ability so do I still need to learn and undergo some test?

Please advise.
If you are qualifying without french then no issue submit your case as soon as possible but try to complete Level french till A2 or B1 that would help and support during interview other wise you can be in trouble .....

walkingmarvel

Nov 17, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
Visa Office......
HONGKONG / NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-10-2010
AOR Received.
21-11-2010
Interview........
15-03-2012 (CSQ issued)
Passport Req..
Nov 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2013
LANDED..........
Mar 2014
rasein said:
Hi XSE,

Please let me know what are questions were asked in the Interview, i have my Interview on May 15 2012.

Do they really need French for the Interview.

Thanks
Rase
Hello Rase,
I am new to this thread. My interview done on the 15th March, CSQ issued. Here is the briefing of the interview.

My wife main applicant. I am the dependant.
As we entered the interview cabin, we greeted the officer in French. In response we received nothing (No nod, no word). So we quietly moved forward and grabbed the chairs.

The officer introduced himself in French and started the interview. Asked us few basic questions in French like what were our names, where do we live and how did we arrive for the interview. I guess this 10 mins was the most French that we communicated.

It was basic French, yet the altar of interview made us a bit nervous.
Requested our passports, to verify the name and stuff.
Then he followed according to the CSQ application form. Now the conversation was in English. As per the points that we claimed, he started requesting originals of Education & Employment.
Following questions were based on it, like:
What is your degree equivalent to in Quebec?
What were the subjects that you had?
Responsibilities and duties at current work?
Current job is classified under what list in the skilled market of Canada?
Any name of the companies in Quebec, providing the same employment as current?

He also requested to look at any latest letters to prove the current employment status, pay slips and bank statements to prove it.
After this next set of questions were on the language skills. I remember that during our application there wasn't any need of IELTS. Also we had an experience of being in UK and working there for nearly 7 years; that was our argument but from his facial expressions I could figure out that he did not allocate those points.
We had our DELF A1/A2 for both of us.

Until now, I was under impression that passing a DELF was quite enough to get u respective points of the levels. However, he brought to our attention that we did not have enough marks to score points in the Oral section. I guess the marks reflect 14 & he said it should be above 16 (I am not exactly sure abt the figures). So even that was a moral breaking ground.
Ultimately he came upon asking us some information about Quebec. The questions were:
Names of three cities in Quebec.
Brief explanation about Quebec.

I have to say that considering the objections, I thought the outcome would be negative. Also as he raised issues like proving our level of English, showing pessimistic expressions on my pay slips as they were black & white online print outs, it all added up to demoralise us till the end.
Also at one stage, I remember the interviewer clearly telling us that: He has travelled to Delhi from HongKong to check out original papers. We have to impress them with information and papers, that's what they expect from us. If we want CSQ, we need to provide them with robust documents.

But at last when he calculated the points and added the remark that oh, we have got a daughter and we are able to score the points because of that. We were quite at ease then.
Interview lasted nearly one and half hour. Mostly it was in English and all the questions were surrounded in the region of questions I have stated above.

If a question was addressed to the main applicant, I was restricted in giving any explanation until the question was meant for me.
My wife is pregnant again. We did inform it to them via email when the interview was confirmed. But he did not utter a single word on it. After getting the CSQ even we did not gather enough guts to inquire abt it.
Once the CSQ was issued, interviewer's expressions completely changed and looked very cheerful.

Cheers.

vickyRocks

May 25, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Done 06 band in each and overall 6.5
hec006 said:
Hello javeedislam,

Thanks a lot. :)

But, are you sure? I know the user quebec2011, whose file has been treated with New rule( For French result), even though he had submitted his file in October, 2010.

That's why, I am worried. They have not mentioned anywhere that the score calculation is retroactive since December 6, 2012. they have mention only, mandatory test results are retroactive since Dec 06, 2012 for those who have claimed points in Language.

Can you suggest.. Please.
Guys Need ur Advise.

on what rules my application will be treated..

1. I have received my AOR in August 2010.
2. Received Result for preliminary evaluation on september 2010 showing i have total 47 points and short of 2 points. They informed me to send the relevant documents with in 60 days. During that tme i have registered with French school and sent the registration slip that i am learning french.
3. In januar 2011, they sent a letter that you need to provide us with the approved french result e.g DELF,TEFAQ and others.
4. appeared in DELF A1 exam and sent them the official attestation in august/september. Now in March 2012 i also passed my DELF A2 exam and have sent the attestation.

My question is how many marks in French i will have?
What rules will be applied on me, because some one files was processed with new rules, even he applied in october 2010?

And most importantly i have applied without any knowledge of French Language.
Guys Need your comments on this query..

God bless u all.

francaise

Jan 31, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
walkingmarvel said:
Hello Rase,
I am new to this thread. My interview done on the 15th March, CSQ issued. Here is the briefing of the interview.

My wife main applicant. I am the dependant.
As we entered the interview cabin, we greeted the officer in French. In response we received nothing (No nod, no word). So we quietly moved forward and grabbed the chairs.

The officer introduced himself in French and started the interview. Asked us few basic questions in French like what were our names, where do we live and how did we arrive for the interview. I guess this 10 mins was the most French that we communicated.

It was basic French, yet the altar of interview made us a bit nervous.
Requested our passports, to verify the name and stuff.
Then he followed according to the CSQ application form. Now the conversation was in English. As per the points that we claimed, he started requesting originals of Education & Employment.
Following questions were based on it, like:
What is your degree equivalent to in Quebec?
What were the subjects that you had?
Responsibilities and duties at current work?
Current job is classified under what list in the skilled market of Canada?
Any name of the companies in Quebec, providing the same employment as current?

He also requested to look at any latest letters to prove the current employment status, pay slips and bank statements to prove it.
After this next set of questions were on the language skills. I remember that during our application there wasn't any need of IELTS. Also we had an experience of being in UK and working there for nearly 7 years; that was our argument but from his facial expressions I could figure out that he did not allocate those points.
We had our DELF A1/A2 for both of us.

Until now, I was under impression that passing a DELF was quite enough to get u respective points of the levels. However, he brought to our attention that we did not have enough marks to score points in the Oral section. I guess the marks reflect 14 & he said it should be above 16 (I am not exactly sure abt the figures). So even that was a moral breaking ground. so,it means 16/25 rule applied to your case also. although u have applied on 24th october,2010.
Ultimately he came upon asking us some information about Quebec. The questions were:
Names of three cities in Quebec.
Brief explanation about Quebec.

I have to say that considering the objections, I thought the outcome would be negative. Also as he raised issues like proving our level of English, showing pessimistic expressions on my pay slips as they were black & white online print outs, it all added up to demoralise us till the end.
Also at one stage, I remember the interviewer clearly telling us that: He has travelled to Delhi from HongKong to check out original papers. We have to impress them with information and papers, that's what they expect from us. If we want CSQ, we need to provide them with robust documents....................................

Congratulations for your csq