Walatbe

Aug 7, 2011
Hello egrace62,

1) how many years ago did u stay in Belgium? 8years ago
2)Where u there on study? yes
3)was d study done in french? No
4) Did u include french class enrolment receipt with ur applicatn? No
5) For aw long av u been in d french clas now? 3 months
6)Why havent u been able to sit a french exam b4 now? I have just finished the beginners class.

What do you think i can do now.

Wadood

Star Member
Jul 13, 2009
Monreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2011
Nomination.....
20-09-2011
Hi!

Let me first explain the situation.

Consider a Foreign student who has done Masters from the university in Quebec. While he was doing Master's, he applied for Quebec Selection (CSQ)in Regular program – Foreign student in Québec. He was granted CSQ and applied for PR after finishing Masters. The PR application is still in process.

My question is, "How long does he has to wait before he can take admission in PhD?" Is there any law which restricts an immigration applicant under skilled worker category to start a new study program?

Looking forward to hear from you soon. Thanks!

agnes_blush27

Star Member
Jun 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
HK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 2, 2011
Doc's Request.
financial suff sept. 24
Nomination.....
Soon
AOR Received.
sept. 23 dated sept.12
File Transfer...
june 13 sent application to ns: july 19 aor received from ns
Med's Request
In God's time
Med's Done....
In God's time
Interview........
may 31
Passport Req..
In God's time
VISA ISSUED...
In God's time
LANDED..........
In God's time
guys please help me. I want to know if i do still need a certified true copy of my high school diploma as well as my transcript in high school. and also if my partner needs those.

thank you

mazharhussaen

Star Member
Jul 31, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
DAMASCUS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2010
Doc's Request.
Nothing
Nomination.....
Nothing
AOR Received.
05-Oct-2010
IELTS Request
Not Asked
File Transfer...
No Applicable
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
INSHALLAH
@ mazhar, well i really am suprised that u are stil struggling wit french after 1yr & what's even more suprising than ' ur wife even yet to start french even though she's always home' well both of u av no much time again so u'v got to choice than learn it. (2) as per d point yeah it was my error but u are stil fine to make d cut for interview. (3) well i av never attended an interview b4 but i feel if spouse will not b allowd to talk,then d interviewer wil av just asked u to come wit her pictures since they only wil b interestd in her face.OTHERS PLS SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCE. 4) since u never landed wit the student visa, d visa cannot in anyway boost ur chances. But after getting ur PR Visa, ur Csq wil hlp bring a very significnt reductn in tuition fee..

Deara egrace62

you r right, i am struggling with french. actually i planned to apply through an agent who advised me that i dont need french langauge skills as my points are enough. but i applied by myself as i could not reach to an agreement for fee. i came to know about the french from this forum. i mentioned this forum to the agent where everybody is sayng that french is must. he said people write what they like but since i mentioned little french so my interveiw will be taken in english but little part of french as well.
so i took french language skills lightly as my points are already enough.
now as per your advise i have started improving to reach up to intermedaite leve.

thanks.

DONSOFT

Star Member
Nov 6, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
V/O(ACCRA) ; BIQ(PARIS)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2011
You need at least a high beginner level french (A2) in both listening and speaking or higher beginner in one and low beginner (A1) in the other other to be able to make it to the interview. I will like to know the level you ticked on your application form or you chose 0? Can you prove to them that you have ever worked or schooled where French is used as the primary language of commuincation?

Walatbe said:
Hello Donsoft, thanks for ur concern, these are what was on my profile

1. Training -------10
a. Educational Attainment – ------ 12
b. Area of Training – Biochemistry B.Sc
2. Experience - ----- 6
3. Age - ----10
4. Language
a. English - 6
b. French - 0
5. Family and Stay in Quebec - 0
6. Characteristics of spouse or common-law partner ----0
a. Educational Attainment - 0
b. Area of Training - B.A Theatre Arts
c. Age - 1/3
d. French - 0/6
7. Validated Job Offer - 0/10
8. Children – 8/8
9. Financial Self Sufficiency – 1/1

Thanks again donsoft, i am waiting for your advise.

DONSOFT

Star Member
Nov 6, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
V/O(ACCRA) ; BIQ(PARIS)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2011
Yes you must include them as it is clearly stated in the list of required documents. As a rule, It is always better to submit more than enough supporting documents than to submit less.

agnes_blush27 said:
guys please help me. I want to know if i do still need a certified true copy of my high school diploma as well as my transcript in high school. and also if my partner needs those.

thank you

DONSOFT

Star Member
Nov 6, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
V/O(ACCRA) ; BIQ(PARIS)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2011
Wadood said:
Hi!

Let me first explain the situation.

Consider a Foreign student who has done Masters from the university in Quebec. While he was doing Master's, he applied for Quebec Selection (CSQ)in Regular program – Foreign student in Québec. He was granted CSQ and applied for PR after finishing Masters. The PR application is still in process.

My question is, "How long does he has to wait before he can take admission in PhD?" - (You can apply immediately as the PR application will not interfere with the PHD application in any way) Is there any law which restricts an immigration applicant under skilled worker category to start a new study program? None that i know of

The only disadvantage with the option you are proposing is that you will have to pay International Student fees as against fees for canadian PR's and Citizens. I will suggest you apply for the admission now and defer the program till your receive your PR so you can pay a highly subsidized fees.

Looking forward to hear from you soon. Thanks!

mannemv

Feb 16, 2011
vibez_well , Thank you for your response..

actually I sent the address change through fax a couple of days ago but no reply from Quebec Immi and not sure they received my fax.

Do I need to send the address change letter through mail ...

or is there any online link to update like we do in USCIS form 11 for address change?

if not available I will send it thorugh mail and will include reference number..

We applied in Feb2011... got the letter from Quebec in April... do you have any idea about processing times for US Residents?

Thanks
Vasu

DONSOFT

Star Member
Nov 6, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
V/O(ACCRA) ; BIQ(PARIS)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2011
If Your application was complete at the time of submission, you will definitely get your CSQ in one year max. If you can extend your US visa beyond October 2012, then it may make sense to file the application in Buffalo else I will suggest you file it at the New Delhi office.

Hope this helps.

itsnaga said:
Hi all,

I have a question. I'm in US and my visa is valid till oct 2012. I have applied for QSC in August. I assume that the processing time for QSC to be received by me is 10 months minimum. That is I might receive it by May 2012. After that I have to complete the federal part.
1) I'm an Indian so can I apply to new delhi office if I'm in US at that time? Or should I apply only to buffalo office?
2) If I apply to Buffalo office, the processing time is 14 months so it will take July 2013 to atleast get my PR visa stamped. So definitely I will have to move out of US by Nov 2012. So which is advisable? Going to India and applying for the federal part or apply from here?

I know the journey is very far. But I'm just curious to see if it is worth the wait or search for a job in India next year.. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your help.

mannemv

Feb 16, 2011
Hi I have a question that .. we send the documents directly to Quebec Immigration center and every one in the forum talking about the location i.e Buffelo if you are in USA, new delhi , if you are in India..

bit confused and we never send the documents to buffello adn we sent to quebec... adn we got the receipt that they received the application and my creditcard got charged...

any response would be appriciated..

Thanks
Vasu

DONSOFT

Star Member
Nov 6, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
V/O(ACCRA) ; BIQ(PARIS)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2011
Please don't be confused as your BIQ (Quebec Immigration Bureau) depends on your country of origin or residence (if you have spent more than one year at the time) at the time you filed your application.

Please see the links below for more information;

Application Procedure
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/forms/search-title/dcs-workers/procedure.html

BIQ Adresses
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/reach/adresses-countries.html

Which country were you in when you filed your application?

mannemv said:
Hi I have a question that .. we send the documents directly to Quebec Immigration center and every one in the forum talking about the location i.e Buffelo if you are in USA, new delhi , if you are in India..

bit confused and we never send the documents to buffello adn we sent to quebec... adn we got the receipt that they received the application and my creditcard got charged...

any response would be appriciated..

Thanks
Vasu

mannemv

Feb 16, 2011
Thanks for reply,

I am in USA and we applied the application in Feb2011 and got reply from quebec that says they received the application...

But not sure about buffello?

Thanks
Vasu

princesuresh

Aug 5, 2011
, I really appreciate that you are helping here to many peoples.

I need a help please...Im applying for Quebec Skilled worker Programme.Im giving My details everything,help me how many points i got now already and how many points more i need

Education : Masters (International Business and Management) In London United Kingdom 2011
Education : BTech (Mechanical Engineering (4 years Bachelors in India) in 2008
Experience : 1 year 8 months (Full time) and 1 year (Part Time) Still doing..
Language :{English} Consultancy guys told me IELTS is not mandatory for me,because i have done my masters in English (Is it really require IELTS for me)
Language : {French} Looking Forward to join in any institution (which is required for me)

I have some doubts regarding on this..Please help me, Currently I am staying in London. Which is good institutes for french learning (if u know) guide me please,and fee structure. And which is the better option for me to applying Quebec visa from London or from India .And what about Professional jobs in Montreal for my qualification.
Please help me sir,

Thank you Sir,

naxar99

Aug 7, 2011
HI
can someone calculate my points please i am still bit confused

MBA (London)
BBA( 3yrs)(PAk)
Age 27
2 years work experience in marketing
English Fluent

French taking admission in beginner course

Spouse
MBA, BBA (16 years PAk ) back in 2005
Experience nil
Age 27
1 Kid Age 2and half

DONSOFT

Star Member
Nov 6, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
V/O(ACCRA) ; BIQ(PARIS)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2011
Did you send it to the address below? If yes, then you are on the right track. Infact your application would have been returned assuming you sent it to the wrong office but since it was not returned and also your card debited, it simply points to the fact that all is well with your application.

Direction de l'immigration économique – International
Service Amérique du Nord, Maghreb et Moyen-Orient

Mailing address or by appointment only
Ministère de l'Immigration et des Communautés culturelles
285, rue Notre-Dame Ouest, 4e étage
Montréal (Québec) H2Y 1T8
CANADA
Telephone: 514 873-5760
Fax: 514 864-9221

See the BIQ address below;

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/biq/new-york/reach.html

Please note that the Buffalo address is for FEDERAL PR applications and not for Quebec CSQ.

mannemv said:
Thanks for reply,

I am in USA and we applied the application in Feb2011 and got reply from quebec that says they received the application...

But not sure about buffello?

Thanks
Vasu