App. Filed.......
16-04-2010
Nomination.....
CSQ Received: 19-09-2011
LANDED..........
23-05-2012
nishi said:
hi angle eye

i guess u also r from pakistan ...n u hav also applied to the hong kong office i had applied thr on may 12 2011 n got my aor in 15 days time period since then til now i havent heard anything from them me n my husband have started our french classes from alliance fransaic n we r in a1.4 level since u hav applied way b4 us just wanted to get an idea of teh time line whn did u apply whn did u get ur aor n wht abt the interview after how long of aor u got ur interviw call n all other details plz

thanxs in advance

A bientot

nishi
hi nishi

i applied in april 2010, but my case got refused due to less # of points. then they re-considered my case and i got vonfirmation letter in november. and now in june i got their email for interview date.

shootingstar

Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10/10/2013
Interview........
18/4/2013
Friends,

I am filling-in the application form and wanted to know if this CSQ is a regular skilled worker program? This is a question that is asked on the application.

Also another 2 questions:
1.we need to input our spouse name and mention whether he/she will be accompanying the principal applicant. So does this mean the couple to enter Quebec/canada together for the first time? what if only one person can enter first(due to various reasons like professional, personal or medical)?
2. Do we need to mention our detailed address for the last 10 years residence?

DONSOFT

Star Member
Nov 6, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
V/O(ACCRA) ; BIQ(PARIS)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2011
quebecaspirant said:
Hello Friends,

I ve just started reading this forum and planning to immigrate to quebec. I took an online evaluation with official website of Quebec Immigration and found eligible,if i know french at beginner level. But, I am not clear how my points are distributed. Can someone help on this pls?

My Profile:

Edu.Qualification: B.Sc(Chemistry),MBA(Marketing &Operations)(Indian universities) (when did you bag your first degree (Bsc)? Have you worked as a chemist in the last one year?

Area of Training : Sales Manager(related to my education) (I do not think MBA M & O is part of the area of training list so this experience may not qualify you to claim points for AOT ... my view anyway)

Work Experience: 7 years ------ 8

Nationality : Indian

Marital Status:Single (you need a minimum of 49 to qualify for interview and a minimum of 55 to qualify for csq)

Language : English (Planned to appear for IELTS on Aug'11.Hope to get between 6 to 7) (Listening 6.5 and above will earn you 3 points while speaking 7.5 and above will earn you 3 also)

French :My classes starts next week @ alliance francaise (good) (A1 in speaking & listening will earn you 1 point each, A2 3 points each, B1 4 points each, B2 6 points each while C1 and C2 will earn you 8 points each respectively)

Looking for your guidance friends :)

DONSOFT

Star Member
Nov 6, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
V/O(ACCRA) ; BIQ(PARIS)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2011
shootingstar said:
Friends,

I am filling-in the application form and wanted to know if this CSQ is a regular skilled worker program? (YES IT IS) This is a question that is asked on the application.

Also another 2 questions:
1.we need to input our spouse name and mention whether he/she will be accompanying the principal applicant. So does this mean the couple to enter Quebec/canada together for the first time? (NO) what if only one person can enter first(due to various reasons like professional, personal or medical)? (THIS IS POSSIBLE PROVIDED THE PRINCIPAL APPLICANT IS GOING TO LAND FIRST)
2. Do we need to mention our detailed address for the last 10 years residence? (WELL, I SHOULD THINK SO, THAT WAS EXACTLY WHAT I DID)

Jul 15, 2011
hi DONSOFT,

Thanks for your reply .. i completed my first degree by 2002 and completed my postgraduation by 2004 . i dont have any work experience pertaining to my first degree(chemist)..

it will be grateful if you can give me a link to access the area of training list so that i may get clarified..

Am i still eligible to apply(considering language parts as i mentioned) or did i missed out something while using evaluation tool of official quebec site..

Thanks and regards,

shootingstar

Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10/10/2013
Interview........
18/4/2013
Thanks Donsoft. That was helpful. I need to locate the complete adress of my last 10 years stay :eek:

DONSOFT

Star Member
Nov 6, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
V/O(ACCRA) ; BIQ(PARIS)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2011
agnes_blush27 said:
Goood day. can u please compute my chances of applying the quebec skilled worker.ty.

1.Training
a. Educational Attainment – finished 4 years nursing and done masters of arts in nursing (12)
b. Area of Training – 2 years hospital experience and almost 2 years as a clinical instructor (12)
2. Experience - almost 4 years (8 points)
3. Age - 26 (16)
4. Language
a. English - listening 6.5 speaking 7.5 (6)
b. French - finish basic french (Low (2) or high (6) beginner?)
5. Family and Stay in Quebec - no
6. Characteristics of spouse or common-law partner
a. Educational Attainment - bachelor of science in civil engineer (3)
b. Area of Training - construction (2)
c. Age - 28 (3)
d. English - no ielts (doesn't count)
e. French - none (0 - spouse should try to improve french)
7. Validated Job Offer - none
8. Children –1 (4)
9. Financial Self Sufficiency – 5,00 canadian (1)
10. Adaptability (you will earn points here if and only if you attended a selection interview)

Total is 68 with low beginner french or 72 with high beginner french --- you have a very strong application here.

[size=10pt]NOTE[/size]
a. Employability Cut-off – sum of all factors except factors 8,9 and 10
i. Single (42)
ii. Married (50)
b. Cut-off for interview – sum of all the factors except factor 10
i. Single (49)
ii. Married (57)
c. Selection Stage - sum of all factors
i. Single (55)
ii. Married (63)

DONSOFT

Star Member
Nov 6, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
V/O(ACCRA) ; BIQ(PARIS)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2011
Please do ... a stitch in time saves 9!!! All the best bro!
shootingstar said:
Thanks Donsoft. That was helpful. I need to locate the complete adress of my last 10 years stay :eek:

shootingstar

Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10/10/2013
Interview........
18/4/2013
DONSOFT said:
Please do ... a stitch in time saves 9!!! All the best bro!
Yes, you are right. Thank you!!!!

P.S.:I am sister by the way ;D

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2nd june 2010 ( BIQ Paris)
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........
Landed gracefully!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: (No subject)

abehola said:
Step how? Don't u think its cos u didnt attend interview? I want to believe if it were to be the step one is on the NOC ascertaining that at the interview should point that out to the interviewer coupled with the submitted Employment reference. My spouse's code was given as 2112 and mine as 2173 although it was meant to be 2147.
this is what i meant by step. The 5-digit NOC code i was given is 41222. but note that one cannot type the whole five digit on the NOC-search cos it ought to be 4-digit... so n typing the first 4-digits 4122, u will be shwn a list of profession that falls under this 4122 code. so the last digit of 2 signifies that my profession is the numbe rtwo on this list which is RESEARCH ASSISTANT. for others, there NOC code is Alpha-numeric... they may av something like 4122A... 4122C etc.
Above all, i never thought i will be given such a Code.... i am not a teacher..... i am a Chemist.... but then i dare not return the CSQ cos it may take forever to come back......

DONSOFT

Star Member
Nov 6, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
V/O(ACCRA) ; BIQ(PARIS)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2011
quebecaspirant said:
hi DONSOFT,

Thanks for your reply .. i completed my first degree by 2002 and completed my postgraduation by 2004 . i dont have any work experience pertaining to my first degree(chemist)..

it will be grateful if you can give me a link to access the area of training list so that i may get clarified.. (http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/publications/en/diverses/list-training.pdf)

Am i still eligible to apply(considering language parts as i mentioned) or did i missed out something while using evaluation tool of official quebec site.. (if i understand your situation very well, then i should be able to advise on whether you are eligible for now or not but no matter what the case is, if you are ready to learn French to Intermediate level, you should be able to pull thru)

Thanks and regards,

All the best

DONSOFT

Star Member
Nov 6, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
V/O(ACCRA) ; BIQ(PARIS)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..