Med's Done....
14-08-2015
Passport Req..
12-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-11-2015
COG11 said:
Dear swamik,
thank you for your reply. I've been looking at the Quebec Skilled Workers and we are planning to apply under this program but I want to make sure that the points I think we have are correct.
Would you be able to help me calculating the points based on my information, mainly the part of education, AOT and experience?

Education: MBA in UK, Bachelor degree in Accounting (in Colombia)
Area of training: this is very confusing for me; is this based on my studies, my experience, the NOC?? How do I know if I get 6, 12 or 16 points??
Experience: 2 years as Office Administrator, 2 years as Economic/Financial Analyst
English:Results not ready
French: Studying at the moment

My spouse has this profile:
Education:Bachelor degree in Business Administration (earned more that 5 years ago)
AOT: Same question as above
French: Studying at the moment

Thank you :)
The points related to the Area of Training are based upon your studies, the breakdown of your points would be as follows as per the current rules (they are going to change next week apparently)

AOT 6
Masters 12 (highest degree earned, could as well be a PhD)
Age 16
Experience 8
English 0 (Up to 6)
French 0 (Up to 16)
Financial 1

Spouse's AOT 2 (If she's worked at least 1 year in the past 5 years a job directly related to her field of studies)
Bsc 3
Age 2
French 0 (Up to 6)

Children ? (Up to 8 if you have 2 children under 12 years)

As a couple you'll need at least 57 points in order to apply.

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/publications/fr/divers/Grille-synthese.pdf

Krups84

Star Member
Sep 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
24-01-2017
IELTS Request
Submitted with file
Med's Request
22-02-2017
Med's Done....
22-02-2017
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
I think, rather than the total of 3 years of waiting for the PR, it is advisable to take up one year studies and then apply for the PR. There are lot of options in PNP and experience class visas.

Krups84

Star Member
Sep 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
24-01-2017
IELTS Request
Submitted with file
Med's Request
22-02-2017
Med's Done....
22-02-2017
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
any suggestions on the above view.. i am really frustrated and think studing is now the best bet to get the PR...

Krups84 said:
I think, rather than the total of 3 years of waiting for the PR, it is advisable to take up one year studies and then apply for the PR. There are lot of options in PNP and experience class visas.

EFK

Feb 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I would think it depends on your particular situation..

Since you have applied in 2011 (as per your timeline), I think you might as well wait now..
you have already waited a year, so rather continue earning some money and hopefully within 2 years or so more (max), it may be done?

If you go to study, you will need to apply now, start a course in September..course has to be atleast a year...
then look for a job, and only then can you begin the process of applying...therefore supposing you start a course in September 2013, end in June 2014, you will not be able to realistically begin the process until ATLEAST end 2014 (hoping you find a job asap) - and you will be paying international fees for the studies too...

So it depends on whether your priority is going to Canada or getting the PR...

hope that helps..

gery79

Star Member
Jan 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Viena
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
guys
i have been concerned as per waiting time. Can someone lighten me please
I have applied since September 2011 and i have received the Accuse de reception from the Quebec Emigration office since last November and when i have asked my consultant how long will it take to receive any news from them they said it takes usually 6 months to the interview from the time it was submitted . Now it is 6 months in March. Do i need to worry? How long should i wait to ask the consultant again about the interview?

goodmrng1947

Star Member
Mar 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2013
Doc's Request.
July 2015
AOR Received.
Dec 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Krups84 said:
your frustration is legitimate my friend. I am affraid of the same even before i start for QSW process. I think looking for a TWP in Quebec, followed by CEC; while your actual QSW application is still running is a option to consider too. Study visa will put more presure on pockets :-(

jewelfire_05

Aug 18, 2012
guys :)

i would like to get your opinion on this. I submitted my application last july 2012, was returned around sept 1st week because i lacked my french diploma and i resubmitted it on september 18. Up to now i haven't received AOR and what worries me is that my bank draft should have been invalid by that time it reaches 6 months from the time i requested it which was on july 9th, do you know of applications which were returned because of expired bank drafts? i have been emailing BIQ HK and their last reply suggested that my documents were transferred to MONTREAL.

What's you take on delayed aors and bank drafts for the application fee?

gamma_jb

Star Member
Mar 5, 2012
jewelfire_05 said:
guys :)

i would like to get your opinion on this. I submitted my application last july 2012, was returned around sept 1st week because i lacked my french diploma and i resubmitted it on september 18. Up to now i haven't received AOR and what worries me is that my bank draft should have been invalid by that time it reaches 6 months from the time i requested it which was on july 9th, do you know of applications which were returned because of expired bank drafts? i have been emailing BIQ HK and their last reply suggested that my documents were transferred to MONTREAL.

What's you take on delayed aors and bank drafts for the application fee?
hi,

what's ur area of training?

gamma_jb

Star Member
Mar 5, 2012
jewelfire_05 said:
registered nurse, we applied fro family immigration under qsw prog.

would it affect the bank draft?
what country are u from? am a nurse also. philippines. they sent my files to montreal too last january 2013 and have not heard from them since then. i submitted my files august 2012 in BIQ HK. regarding the bank draft, it might be that they already encashed it. otherwise, they would have informed you if it expired and that u need to re submit. mine was 6 months valid. the bank could not verify if it was encashed, they told me to check with BIQ instead.

it's been 7 months already and no AOR, thought it would take 3-4 months as some would claim. i would have thought that since my files were transferred to montreal last jan 2013, the count would start from jan 2013 and not aug 2012 from when i originally sent my files. from jan 2013 then, it's 2 months now...

let's keep each other posted as we are on the same timeline and area of training...

joidiple

Oct 19, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gamma_jb said:
what country are u from? am a nurse also. philippines. they sent my files to montreal too last january 2013 and have not heard from them since then. i submitted my files august 2012 in BIQ HK. regarding the bank draft, it might be that they already encashed it. otherwise, they would have informed you if it expired and that u need to re submit. mine was 6 months valid. the bank could not verify if it was encashed, they told me to check with BIQ instead.

it's been 7 months already and no AOR, thought it would take 3-4 months as some would claim. i would have thought that since my files were transferred to montreal last jan 2013, the count would start from jan 2013 and not aug 2012 from when i originally sent my files. from jan 2013 then, it's 2 months now...

let's keep each other posted as we are on the same timeline and area of training...
that's a wrong info from the bank, they can always tell when it was already encashed because the amount has been moved from their account. that pinoy is only giving you headache. if the amount/account is in tact then no movement/encashment. that's ridiculous, they cant tell if its encashed or not? haha. when you got the check from them the fund got into their system and now they cant tell if it is already out of their system? i sense crab there,you know what i mean kabayan. they can always tell if the fund is still in their system, im now mad :D where is that bank let me do it for you. :D

darshmodi

Nov 11, 2010
Ahmedabad - India
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear friends

This is just to share that one of my friend's relative got the csq recently
But he had applied on business visa for quebec but alongwith the
Csq he got the contract to stay in quebec which he has to sign and
Send alongwith the federal process.

And my friend who went to torranto after getting pr of quebec is again
Moving to montreal as he is also feeling some kind of insecurity
For the citizenship.
This is for those who may be plan to shift to some other place rest assured
Thanks

lemans207

Champion Member
Oct 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i have a friend who went to toronto as federal, he wasnt able to get job, he moved to montreal and he is now working in montreal

this is for people who think toronto is better hehe e

darshmodi said:
Dear friends

This is just to share that one of my friend's relative got the csq recently
But he had applied on business visa for quebec but alongwith the
Csq he got the contract to stay in quebec which he has to sign and
Send alongwith the federal process.

And my friend who went to torranto after getting pr of quebec is again
Moving to montreal as he is also feeling some kind of insecurity
For the citizenship.
This is for those who may be plan to shift to some other place rest assured
Thanks

jewelfire_05

Aug 18, 2012
gamma_jb said:

this is pretty amazing :) yes i'm a filipina nurse and up to now i haven't received any news yet regarding my application. with regard to asking the bank if the check has been encashed i have not done that yet, but we can actually find out through them if there has been a movement of the money you paid for the application fee. Have you read posts that can answer our draft problem?

EFK

Feb 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can somebody please confirm if we can send the application without french results and add it later? it will take atleast 2 months more - the results take a month after the exam...
TCF Quebec sends results directly to CIC as well - does that make a difference?

please note that I am claiming points for my french....so is it suggested that I wait?

thanks