+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of 'Landing Funds" >>>

pittabread

Champion Member
Oct 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mandiebraxton said:
I think you indeed missed Qorax point...The father/mother and son travelling will need to fill only one form (as a family unit, living at the same address). As such on the ONE declaration form, they (both on concesus) will state "We are bringing into Canada...Currency and/or monetary instruments of a value
totalling CAN$10,000 or more per person.
...and the box to tick will be YES cos the total sum will be 14 k.
Qorax was thus alluding to the fac that people often time worry about declaring the funds over 10k, it shouldn't be so as this has nothing to do with record of landing. However If this family is still uncomfortable to declare the total 14k, they can fill seperate forms and tick no.
I dont see where ur disagreement on this issue is coming from....Mandie
Hi!

I did not miss any point. Please check this landing card.

http://www.cbsa.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/e311-eng.pdf

I am only saying the correct way to fill the landing card is to answer "no" to this question when 2 family members are travelling together and carrying $7000 each (the question asks per person)

Currency and/or monetary instruments of a value totalling CAN$10,000 or more per person"

In this case even together travelling as a family each person is carrying $7000 which is less than $10,000 and each person is responisble for his / her own declaration even filling the same form. Check the instructions on the left.

But yes if just one person is travelling he should answer yes to this question because he must be carrying $11115 required for single person.

Hope you will get my point.

In simple words required funds for single person is $11115 so in any case he has to carry more than $10,000 so he should answer yes to this question but in case of 2 family members required amount is $13837 so one can carry less than $10,000 and in that case he / she should answer no to this question

I have also sent an email to Canadian Border Agency to answer yes or no to this question in case of 2 family members. As soon as I get any reply I will put it here.

Thanks

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
mandiebraxton said:
just wondering, what if you applied under FSW1 and along the line you had a job offer and obtained AEO (but didn't inform VO). Do you still need to show POF? Does the landing docs show which category one applied under (FSW1/FSW2)? Mandie
@ Pittabread, its good to reason logically in order to give people the correct answer to thier queries.
@ Qorax, I have PMed you on the above issue before and would be grateful if you could comment...Mandie

pittabread

Champion Member
Oct 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mandiebraxton said:
@ Pittabread, its good to reason logically in order to give people the correct answer to thier queries.
@ Qorax, I have PMed you on the above issue before and would be grateful if you could comment...Mandie
Thanks Mandie, I give you another logic.

In case of one person there is a limit of atleast carryign $11115 i-e more than $10,000 so in any case one person will always answer yes to this question

But in case of 2 people there is no limit for each individual(combined limit is $13837) and one can carry less than $10,000 and in that case he / she should answer no to this question

Thanks

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
khalid_ejaz said:
Thanks dear for the reply.

2. Does your PPR specify that [direct submission of pps]?

This is the statement of the PPR email:

We are now ready to issue your permanent residence visas. Please find a letter attached with full instructions on how to submit the required documentation. Please ensure that you read the instructions carefully and submit the Updated Information Chart and photographs along with clear photocopies of your passports. Please do not submit your passports at this stage.

We look forward to receiving the documents within 45 days of the date of this email.

The attached pdf letter includes following direction:

Dear Applicant,
Your application has reached the final stage of processing. Since Pakistani law does not permit the mailing of
Pakistani passports from Pakistan to other countries, we will not ask you to submit your passport to our office in
London. Due to limitations in our present computer system, the issuance of your permanent resident visa will be
a two step process.
Step 1: Follow the instructions in this letter to submit the requested items to our office in London. Once we have
reviewed them, we will send you instructions for the second step within 6 weeks.
Step 2: Do not submit your passport to our Islamabad office until you receive instructions to do so. The
Islamabad office cannot issue your visa before we instruct them to do so. (If you submit your passport early, it
will be returned to you without a visa.) The Islamabad office can only mail passports to addresses in Pakistan.
If you will want your passports returned to an address outside of Pakistan, then this letter does not apply to you.
Inform us immediately so that we can send you different instructions.

A couple of days after sending the requested documents, i received UK Student Visa.

4. BTW, for CHC-London applicants, we have the option of submitting pps personally.
Do you need an appointment to go to embassy to submit personally and on what days? (i heard only thursdays, right?)
U may send this info to CHC-London [about your willingness to get the stamping done thru a personal visit, vis-a-vis your UKSV status]. Let them advice u a/ny further action/s.

BTW, I feel they'd then send u another PPR. The ones we usually get... which also specifies 'stamping thru personal visitation'. As I stated before that I'm not sure about the CHC-Isb/Lon process, thus this is a personal opinion. U'd do good to check with your VO instead.

Qorax

SFD

Feb 8, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Qorax,

What if someone brings US$ Funds instead of CAD$?

Will that create an issue?

Thanks in advance...

SFD

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
SFD said:
Qorax,

Thanks in advance...

SFD
No issues.
U can safely bring-in your settlement funds either/or in multiple currencies involving CAD, USD, Euro & GBP.

Qorax

omm

Champion Member
Aug 27, 2009
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
if you are not in the USA & Are you going to purchased USD from your home country. then I suggest you to purchase CAD$.
The reason is you have to again pay commission and exchange rate in Canada to convert your USD$ to CAD $.
If you have USD on hands then it's okay.
As Qorax mentioned those all currencies is accepted for POF when you land.

OMM

SFD said:
Qorax,

Thanks in advance...

SFD

mycan

Sep 1, 2011
Brampton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yes
Hi Qorax,
When we land first we take the liquid cash which we have as per list.
After some time when we sell our propery in home land what is the procedure to bring that money.
Is it taxable? Say my brother can sell the property and send money to me with out any problems?
If I am getting regular income from my home land on monthly basis how to get that money? Is it taxable?
Please let me know.
Regards

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
mycan said:
Hi Qorax,
When we land first we take the liquid cash which we have as per list.
After some time when we sell our propery in home land what is the procedure to bring that money.
Is it taxable? Say my brother can sell the property and send money to me with out any problems?
If I am getting regular income from my home land on monthly basis how to get that money? Is it taxable?
Please let me know.
Regards
U can bring-in as much monies as u desire, for any length of time, into Canada. And they'd not incur any tax/levies/duties/charges.

It'd be another matter that the income [interest, capital gains etc.] that this amount generates while being held in the bank or invested into any fin. products, within Canada, that'd accrue applicable taxes [the gains part only].

Besides, while submitting your annual tax returns, u would be declaring these monetary influx as 'Global Income'. And that'd increase your tax bracket. But then when the time comes to file your returns, u should be hiring a CGA [costs $25-40, one time]... they'd advise u better.

Qorax

onestar

Star Member
Jun 22, 2010
Hi Qorax
I am an applicant of April 2005.
Keeping in view the cases of 2004 when they could send the letter to update
document?

pittabread

Champion Member
Oct 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sugardust said:
Hi all,

Hope you can help me out with this >_<

Making my first landing soon.
However, REGARDING Proof Of Funds, I'm completely unsure about this.. i will be travelling with my son and the required POF is ~14,000 CAD.
If we bought 2 bank drafts for $7,000 and I carried one while he carried the other, would both of us still need to fill in the form E667 for amounts above CAD 10,000??? Im a bit confused because the total we are bringing in is ABOVE 10k, but between each of us, we are carrying less than 10k each... would we still need to fill the forms?

Would appreciate any advice/previous experience on this, thanks so much!
Hi!

I have received an interesting reply regarding your issue. Canadian Border Agency is saying that if total funds $14000 belong to you then you should not give half to your son and carry the whole amount yourself and in your own name and do not try to avoid paper work. Here is the reply

The Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) appreciates your interest in ensuring that you meet the cross-border currency reporting requirements upon your arrival in Canada. As you may be aware, the CBSA is responsible for the administration and enforcement of Part II of the Proceeds of Crime (Money Laundering) and Terrorist Financing Act. Part II requires the reporting of currency or monetary instruments in the actual possession of a person arriving in or departing from Canada. Each traveller is responsible for his or her own declaration.

There are no restrictions on the amount of currency or monetary instruments that you can bring into or take out of Canada, nor is it illegal to do so. However, you have to report to the CBSA amounts equal to or greater than CAN$10,000 or the equivalent in foreign currency. It is very important that currency and monetary instruments be declared properly. If the funds you are bringing into Canada belong to you, then you and you alone are responsible for their declaration. You should not delegate funds to family members simply to avoid paperwork. Misrepresentation and false declarations are serious CBSA offenses.

If you require further information on the CBSA's Cross Border Currency Reporting Program, please visit our Web site at www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/security-securite/cbcr-dmte/menu-eng.html

You can fill out the necessary document, Form E677 – Cross-Border Currency Reporting, in advance, ensuring that you sign it only in the presence of a CBSA border officer. Form E677 may be found here: http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/e677.pdf

We suggest that you contact the Border Information Service (BIS) should you require further clarification. You can access the BIS line free of charge throughout Canada by calling 1-800-461-9999. From outside Canada, you can access the BIS line by calling 204-983-3500 or 506-636-5064 (long-distance charges apply). If you call during regular business hours (8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. local time, Monday to Friday, except holidays), you can speak to an agent by pressing “0” at any time.

We trust that this information is useful to you and thank you for contacting CBSA.

Sent: August 31, 2011 3:00 PM
To: Contact @ cbsa.gc.ca
Subject: urgent query **15034**

Dear Sir / Madam,

First of all be very kind in replying to my email.

I have a general query. I and my wife have got Canadian Permanant resident visa recently. My question is about filling the declaration card when we arrive in canada?

As the funds required for 2 people is $13,837 so my wife and me each will be carrying a bank draft of $7000 each.

We both will be filling just one landing card as we are together. When filling the card should I answer yes or no to the following question ?

"Currency and/or monetary instruments of a value totalling CAN$10,000 or more per person" ????

I assume we should say no to this question as per person we are carrying $7000 which is less than $10,000.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Hope to hear from you soon and thanking you in anticipation.

Thanks

pittabread

Champion Member
Oct 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mandiebraxton said:
@ Pittabread. Exactly what Qorax has said on this issue! I appreciate your effort to contact CBA though....Mandie

In first case if 2 family members (one is carrying $14000 and other is carrying $0) choose one declaration card to fill and answer yes to "we are bringing into Canada, Currency and/or monetary instruments of a value totalling CAN$10,000 or more per person" then its true for the person who is carrying $14000 but what about other who is carrying $0 as each person is responsible for his / her own declaration. This statement becomes false for the person who is carrying $0.

Logically this card is wrong?

In 2nd case there is a loop hole I think. In 2nd case if they divide the money half half and carry $7000 each and pick 2 cards to fill and as each is carrying $7000 and they answer no to "I am bringing into Canada, Currency and/or monetary instruments of a value totalling CAN$10,000 or more per person"

What then?

I am emailing the same question to Canadian border agency and lets see whats the reply?

Thanks

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
mandiebraxton said:
@Pittabread, its good to reason logically in order to give people the correct answer to thier queries.
@Qorax, I have PMed you on the above issue before and would be grateful if you could comment...Mandie
Replied your PM, Ma'am.