+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Problem with Immigration office in Toronto Airport.

talhahassan

Jun 10, 2014
@jddalove
@txboyscout

Thank guys.

Mean while as my wife came out of 15 hours flight jetlag i got more info about what happend at immigration. Here what happend :

- The lady officer asked my wife to give her contact details of my aunt. Once provided she called my aunt and asked me aunt that she is pregenet and will she deliver in Canada , does my Aunt know about this and will she be responsible to pay all the related cost. My Aunt replied yes we will and we are aware of everything and she close the call.

- Then the lady officer told my wife that she has lied to her , my wife responded that she has not taken any decision yet to deliver in Canada , She told the officer that this is our first baby so we are still taking the decision yet either to deliver in Canada or US ( since we have US Visa as well ) or back in UAE. The reason to visit Canada is to meet my family only

- The lady officer responded , Shall i check your bags to see if you are carrying your reports and she replied yes i am carrying my reports with me to take doctors opinion since i am pregnent.

- When she asked my wife for my aunt # my wife gave her phone to the lady officer to see the number her self , i was surpized to know she kept the phone with her only. and told my wife to go and sit on the bunch and do not take anything from the desk , she kept my wife phone with her for next 30 mins , when eventually the phone was given back my wife noticed in open apps ( task manager ) that she has checked my wife facebook , whats app , text messages as well as pictuers. Can they do that ?

-Finally she called my wife and told her that she will let me go and will put a note to check with my husband as well the real purpose of visit when i travel to canada.

- She also said that , Canadain Govt will not pay a penny for her health services , which i already mentioned i am ready to take care of all the expenses.

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is a very interesting case, so if you can prove that you will take care of all medical expenses the IO at the border will let you in, in-spite of the fact you are pregnant. Pretty interesting case. I am sure this will open the possibility of more pregnant women coming into Canada to deliver. Thank you for sharing

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
talahassn - your case presentation has brought such responses. When you say "gift" Canadian Citizenship, it seems it's is deliberate attempt to "get" Canadian Citizenship. Imagine if every visitor decides to come here and deliver, that's a easy way to acquire something where people work hard for and wait for a long time, It's the easiest queue cutting method

While your intentions maybe genuine, you have basically created a awkward scenario - your file will certainly carry this info for all future visa's/PR's so every visit and application will be scrutinized.

You are lucky they let her in and at this point

CBSA can check anything ( FB, Whats app, phone records ) - yes they have right to do that
==================================================================================

I'll tell you a scenario about Canadian Citizenship and benefits:

I came to Canada as a student in 2000, I applied for PR within 2 years internally and then got Citizenship. Since I was international student , I paid X 5 times the amount of regular Canadian and once I met this Indian guy who told me that how his father applied for Canadian PR ( just for paperwork ) so his son could become Canadian PR and then family weren't interested so he enjoyed everything from here including the low tuition fees
I understand Dubai is great and you are not interested in settling here - but since child-birth-get-citizen is so common here, it's not seen in a favorable manner

jddalove

Star Member
Nov 5, 2013
cbsa shouldnt have the right to check your phone,,if they check mine id rather break the phone before them...what if i had naked pics of my wife? wtf?

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
jddalove said:
cbsa shouldnt have the right to check your phone,,if they check mine id rather break the phone before them...what if i had naked pics of my wife? wtf?
CBSA officers are authorized to conduct searches of individuals entering Canada, including their baggage, parcels or devices such as laptops, BlackBerrys or cellphones. These searches may be conducted without a warrant.

https://www.priv.gc.ca/resource/fs-fi/02_05_d_45_e.asp

They ask you if there is something they don't want them to see - but yeah they basically scan all and found many objectionable items ( pedophiles )

http://www.natgeotv.com/ca/border-security

You will see many episodes on what questions that ask and how they scan phones, messages, emails etc ( very smart stuff )

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
user828 said:
CBSA officers are authorized to conduct searches of individuals entering Canada, including their baggage, parcels or devices such as laptops, BlackBerrys or cellphones. These searches may be conducted without a warrant.

Agreed. The rules are no different for other countries. Their immigration officers have the right to search these items as well.

jddalove

Star Member
Nov 5, 2013
they have no right,,,i would just break it in front of their faces,,,
and the fact tha theu make you unpack and thenpack your stuff after they ''searched'' wtf is that?

jddalove

Star Member
Nov 5, 2013
user828 said:

They ask you if there is something they don't want them to see - but yeah they basically scan all and found many objectionable items ( pedophiles )

http://www.natgeotv.com/ca/border-security

You will see many episodes on what questions that ask and how they scan phones, messages, emails etc ( very smart stuff )
i dont see anything smart on that,,no need to bring anything inside canada when u can have it all inside already..

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
jddalove said:
Why would you have such pictures on your phone? Forget about CBSA and their rights...what if you loose it somewhere or it gets stolen?

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
Jalex23 said:
Give your baby the "gift" of UAE nationality where surely he/she will have "better health care services , better living standard and a tax free salary in Dubai which will never get in Canada".
UAE does not grant nationality for its residents...even if you lived there more than a 100 years you'll still not qualify.

jddalove

Star Member
Nov 5, 2013
emamabd said:
Why would you have such pictures on your phone? Forget about CBSA and their rights...what if you loose it somewhere or it gets stolen?
I understand your concern but I was just saying,,,(its not my case cuz i have none just because of the same fact that you might lose them or something) but I know a lot of guys who have pics of their girls and thats totally ok,,,
no body has the right to look on your phone ,,computer,,or anything unless they have a solid case and prooves..

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
jddalove said:
no body has the right to look on your phone ,,computer,,or anything unless they have a solid case and prooves..
Untrue. As explained previously, CBSA has the right to look through your computer and phone without a warrant.

jddalove

Star Member
Nov 5, 2013
not untrue ,,
they dont have any right on my stuff period,,,

in their border security series they an episode in which the guy flips,,,im glad he did

Rufio3933

Jun 12, 2014
jddalove said:
not untrue ,,
they dont have any right on my stuff period,,,

in their border security series they an episode in which the guy flips,,,im glad he did
I'm glad on one episode they caught the guy from Thailand with child sex abuse images, by searching the laptop. Would you rather have that guy bring those images into Canada? And the guy who flipped out was just being an overgrown baby. He had his little temper tantrum then got taken away by the CBSA.

I'm proud of those officers for having thick skin dealing with people like that everyday, and in the end it doesn't matter how much someone "flips" they will end up searching the stuff anyways.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
scylla has been talking in legal terms. If you are asking ethically, yes no one should have the right unless they have a strong reason / justification to do so. But we don't live in a perfect world. A person entering a country (i know of US and Canada at least) doesn't have the rights equal to a person legally present inside the country. So CBSA / TSA have a lot of privileges over them if they like and they can get away saying it was a "random" extended evaluation.

The internet is full of horror stories of TSA's and people who refuse to go through full body scanners - in fact in some cases there are events when they just "thought that scan wasn't thorough enough" and choose to "pat down" a beautiful girl who even was a US citizen.