+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Problem with Immigration office in Toronto Airport.

jbaia

Star Member
May 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2014
AOR Received.
14-05-2014
Med's Done....
13-06-2014
In regards to the person who began this post:

You said you wanted to give your baby the gift of Canadian nationality. What would be the purpose of that if you cannot be here to live with your child?

As well, from what I understand, a child of a 2 foreigners can only be granted Canadian nationality if one of the parents is a PR or Canadian citizen. I might be wrong about this... but that is what I understand.

You then became a little hostile towards some of the comments because your wife was being dishonest upon entering Canada. You stated

"Secondly , i know very well that my baby having Canadian nationality will not benefit me or my wife at all. Even if some one offers me to move to Canada i won't because i have better health care services , better living standard and a tax free salary in Dubai which i will never get in Canada. "

So, my question is: If life is so much better in Dubai (health, living standards, salary, etc) WHY ON EARTH ARE YOU HERE?! And, why oh why oh why do you and your wife want your child to have Canadian citizenship? Why is that a 'gift' if you are saying your country is so much better?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
jbaia said:
As well, from what I understand, a child of a 2 foreigners can only be granted Canadian nationality if one of the parents is a PR or Canadian citizen. I might be wrong about this... but that is what I understand.
You are wrong about this. Citizenship law states:

"Canadian citizenship is not granted to a child born in Canada if either parent was a diplomatic or consular officer or other representative at the time of birth AND neither parent was a Canadian citizen or Canadian permanent resident."

That "and" means that both conditions must be satisfied for a child born in Canada to not be Canadian. If the parents aren't diplomats, then the child is Canadian regardless of the parents' status.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Canada is one of the few remaining countries that still permits this in the Western World.

pie_vancouver

Jun 12, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
You should have told your aunt that if someone calls you asking about you or your wife's travel to tell this blah blah blah, sorry but it was your fault if your aunt was not cooperative.
Many people do this, come to Canada to give birth (like problems in their home country)
"red flag to officers"
For me, it is okay if some people wants to give birth on any country, they are paying for it, I don't care.
People wants "dual citizenship." Fine with me.

lokyy

Jun 10, 2014
Miami, Florida
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
11-11-2014
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
08-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
next week
LANDED..........
next week :)
pie_vancouver said:
You should have told your aunt that if someone calls you asking about you or your wife's travel to tell this blah blah blah, sorry but it was your fault if your aunt was not cooperative.
Many people do this, come to Canada to give birth (like problems in their home country)
"red flag to officers"
For me, it is okay if some people wants to give birth on any country, they are paying for it, I don't care.
People wants "dual citizenship." Fine with me.
well said,,lastly,,we have a human being in this forum

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
canuck_in_uk said:
You are wrong about this. Citizenship law states:

"Canadian citizenship is not granted to a child born in Canada if either parent was a diplomatic or consular officer or other representative at the time of birth AND neither parent was a Canadian citizen or Canadian permanent resident."

That "and" means that both conditions must be satisfied for a child born in Canada to not be Canadian. If the parents aren't diplomats, then the child is Canadian regardless of the parents' status.
I can confirm that i have colleagues on work permit here who delivered here and their child is a Canadian citizen. And i feel this is justified too - because they came to Canada to work with valid permits and their children were born during their stay, not result of a planned "visit for delivery".

It is due to such acts of people like OP that Govt of Canada is currently considering passing this law of requiring one of the parents to be at least a PR. This would take away the right from cases such as above.