+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Precedural Fairness, Failure to Disclose Past Visa Refusal

RenasB

Jun 2, 2023
Hi, So I'll give some information my application and ask for some opinions on the outcome.

I applied to US on July 2022, was given a paper that said my visa was approved and I gave my passport so they could issue my visa. But my passport returned without the visa and I received a paper that said my application needed administrative processing.

In March 2023, I applied to Study Permit to Canada and I checked the " No " tick " Have you ever been refused a visa? " because I thought administrative processing was not shown as refused in the system. I responded honestly to the procedural fairness letter admitting my mistake and apologizing. What do you think the outcome will be?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi, So I'll give some information my application and ask for some opinions on the outcome.

I applied to US on July 2022, was given a paper that said my visa was approved and I gave my passport so they could issue my visa. But my passport returned without the visa and I received a paper that said my application needed administrative processing.

In March 2023, I applied to Study Permit to Canada and I checked the " No " tick " Have you ever been refused a visa? " because I thought administrative processing was not shown as refused in the system. I responded honestly to the procedural fairness letter admitting my mistake and apologizing. What do you think the outcome will be?
No one can tell you the outcome nor the timelines. You could be given a 5 year ban if that is what the PFL stated or not. Your study permit may still be refused even without a ban.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

Unfortunately none of us are going to be able to answer that question. It's possible you could be approved, possible you could be refused, or possible you could be refused and also given a 5 year ban.

You'll have to wait and see what happens.

Good luck.

RenasB

Jun 2, 2023
Unfortunately none of us are going to be able to answer that question. It's possible you could be approved, possible you could be refused, or possible you could be refused and also given a 5 year ban.

You'll have to wait and see what happens.

Good luck.
Thank you so much, do you know much time does it take to get a response? I received a ghost update a couple of weeks ago as well after the pfl.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you so much, do you know much time does it take to get a response? I received a ghost update a couple of weeks ago as well after the pfl.
Unfortunately that's also very hard to guess. It can be anywhere from a few days to many months. In some rare cases it can take over a year but I don't think this will happen in your case. Most commonly people wait several months.

Webstar

Sep 20, 2023

Hey, Please do you mind sharing the outcome of your case. We’re you approved or denied or are you still waiting?

Reactions: cang