+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRCard Renewal 2023

shaz000

Dec 17, 2018
Hello I sent my application for PR card renewal by mail (hardcopy) on 24 April 2023.. have not heard anything yet..
Anyone else in similar situation? thank you.

bas12

Apr 20, 2018
Hello I sent my application for PR card renewal by mail (hardcopy) on 24 April 2023.. have not heard anything yet..
Try calling IRCC, maybe they just didn't send you an AOR. They might give you an application number to link in your GCkey account.

Also, some people never hear anything, and just get the card in mail one day.

prudhvynn

Feb 15, 2023
Well I have submitted, my PR card renewal application on Feb 1st, 2023. got an AOR on Mar 8th, 2023 and that's it. No response after that. when I tried to call IRCC, They responded back say that my application is in progress. I think I frequently visited US a number of times. May be that causing the delay or I don't know. Now I'm starting to feel stressful :eek:

bas12

Apr 20, 2018
Well I have submitted, my PR card renewal application on Feb 1st, 2023. got an AOR on Mar 8th, 2023 and that's it. No response after that. when I tried to call IRCC, They responded back say that my application is in progress. I think I frequently visited US a number of times. May be that causing the delay or I don't know. Now I'm starting to feel stressful :eek:
I am waiting since late February, AOR in April, no progress since then. I only had a couple of trips abroad (not US) of a total of 3 weeks.
The status in GCKey account is "submitted". I think it is supposed to be in progress when they start actually doing something, but I am not sure.

prudhvynn

Feb 15, 2023
I am waiting since late February, AOR in April, no progress since then. I only had a couple of trips abroad (not US) of a total of 3 weeks.
The status in GCKey account is "submitted". I think it is supposed to be in progress when they start actually doing something, but I am not sure.
I have seen your signature. Good luck to you brother, looks like you are fighting for the citizenship. May be I feel like I'm on the same boat. Not as lengthy as yours yet. I have applied for citizenship on Feb 1st, got my AOR on Mar 13th, got a test and finished my test on April 6th(test completed) and no updates after that. I requested GCMS notes which in turn says that E-Grant Interview Ready PM03. May be I'll get an interview request.

Reactions: bas12

PDChicago

Star Member
Jul 11, 2013
Hello Everyone, thank you all for the above discussion, it definitely throws some light on the current processing times.

I submitted my application on May 6, 2023 and the status on the PR Renewal portal (where I submitted the online application) says 'Submitted'. When I tried to link my application in GC Key, it linked my original PR Card application from 2018. How were you able to link your renewal application to the GC Key account?

Thank you.

Reactions: sguru01

bas12

Apr 20, 2018
Hello Everyone, thank you all for the above discussion, it definitely throws some light on the current processing times.

I submitted my application on May 6, 2023 and the status on the PR Renewal portal (where I submitted the online application) says 'Submitted'. When I tried to link my application in GC Key, it linked my original PR Card application from 2018. How were you able to link your renewal application to the GC Key account?

Thank you.
I think you cannot do it before AOR, when you get the application number. That has been taking about 1.5-2 months for many people.
If you don't hear from them soon, you can call IRCC and they will tell you the application number.
Then there is a link in GCKey account to link another application.

PDChicago

Star Member
Jul 11, 2013
I think you cannot do it before AOR, when you get the application number. That has been taking about 1.5-2 months for many people.
If you don't hear from them soon, you can call IRCC and they will tell you the application number.
Then there is a link in GCKey account to link another application.
Thank you so much. Will wait to get the AOR. Is it via email, similar to how we get it for Citizenship application?

keroubunny

Jan 10, 2017
Hello!

I have received an email from IRCC today, June 23, 2023. Confirming they received my Pr renewal application March 29,2023. Will the processing date of 95 days starts from March 29th or will it start from today? I am so stressed out now and feeling hopeless. I have also applied for PRTD on an urgent request as I’m outside Canada since June 13th. I’m supposed to have my flight June 28th and due to be back to work on July 4th.Can you please advise if based on your experiences, I should received the renewed PR card by July 2?

splashyygirl

Star Member
May 31, 2017
Hello All, I submitted my PR application on April 3rd and received by IRCC on April 11th, 2023. I called IRCC on June 10th, they had no record of my application. I submitted a request for access to information on June 20th. Every day I checked the mailbox to see if it was returned. Yesterday on June 29th, I received an email from IRCC. Tried plugging that into ECAS and was unable to get any information. Question: Would the AOR or application number start with R?

bas12

Apr 20, 2018
Hello All, I submitted my PR application on April 3rd and received by IRCC on April 11th, 2023. I called IRCC on June 10th, they had no record of my application. I submitted a request for access to information on June 20th. Every day I checked the mailbox to see if it was returned. Yesterday on June 29th, I received an email from IRCC. Tried plugging that into ECAS and was unable to get any information. Question: Would the AOR or application number start with R?
PR card renewal application numbers start with R. You can connect it to your IRCC account
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account.html

sv-canadatoindia

May 10, 2023
When we upload our passport copy, do we need to include pages that have stamps of when you enter and leave Canada? Since the last 2 3 years they stopped stamping passports at the Canada airports. So I have some from past years. Would it help to upload those?

explorerCA

Star Member
Jan 20, 2018
We sent ours the same week. Hopefully we get our cards by the end of July.