+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRCard Renewal 2023

myreplies1975yh

May 2, 2023
Submitted PR Card renewal for parents on Feb 1, 2023 online
Returned for incomplete information
Resubmitted on March 9, 2023
Errors message cleared on portal as of May 1, 2023.

Any one has similar case?

Last edited:

Bugoy741021

Mar 16, 2016
Hi, Does the processing time include weekends and holidays?
Submitted my PR card renewal on February 1st. Still no update since then.

pippalei

Star Member
Sep 14, 2016
Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2016
AOR Received.
10-01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-11-2016
Hello all,
We submitted my partners PR card renewal online in October 2022. It is now May 2023 and his online account still says “submitted” and we’ve had no correspondence.
He is now back in Australia and his PR card is expired. My questions are has anyone else had this where it was stuck on “submitted” for a lengthy time and are we allowed to now apply for the PTRD for him to return back to Canada while we wait for the renewal to finally be processed? I’m going to try and call the IRCC number this week and see what they can tell me but was hoping someone here had some insight.
Thanks!

pippalei

Star Member
Sep 14, 2016
Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2016
AOR Received.
10-01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-11-2016
I was also wondering if I’m allowed to fill out and submit the PTRD for him from Canada. I don’t see how they would be an issue if submitted online?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I was also wondering if I’m allowed to fill out and submit the PTRD for him from Canada. I don’t see how they would be an issue if submitted online?
It would definitely be an issue, because he has to submit the application, not you. Why can't he apply from Australia?

nbagda

Oct 19, 2022
I submitted an online application for my PR Card Renewal. I was about 150 days outside Canada in the past 5 years.

Submission Date: Apr 22, 2023
No submission email
No auto-generated email received
No AOR

Absolutely no response so far. I only see application Submitted in the online portal.

So I filled a web-form and was informed that "Your application is not available in the system. It can take several weeks before the processing begins"

I have travel plans and my current PR Card is expiring soon. I am so tired of waiting. The only option is I apply for Travel Document from outside Canada to come back but god knows how long will that take :(

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I submitted an online application for my PR Card Renewal. I was about 150 days outside Canada in the past 5 years.

No submission email
No AOR

Absolutely no response so far. I only see application Submitted in the online portal.

So I filled a web-form and was informed that "Your application is not available in the system. It can take several weeks before the processing begins"

I have travel plans and my current PR Card is expiring soon. I am so tired of waiting. The only option is I apply for Travel Document from outside Canada to come back but god knows how long will that take :(
Here's a thread where someone was able to apply for a PRTD (Uregent request) while still in Canada.

Did you make an urgent request for your new PR Card? If not, are you able to return to Canada via the U.S. (meaning you'd have to enter at a land PoE in a personal vehicle)?

bas12

Apr 20, 2018
I submitted an online application on Feb 28.
Didn't get any AOR emails, but when I called IRCC they told me that it is received, and gave me the number so that I could connect it to GCkey account.
It says on that portal "received April 12" and "submitted April 28" (this was when I connected it to the online account).
So far no progress there.
When I talked to them on the phone they seemed to be thinking that processing time counts from AOR (which is wrong), and that I should not expect it until some time in June-July. My card expires next week, so that's pretty annoying. When I applied the processing time was about 70 days.

It looks like processing times hasn't been updated since May 16
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html
Is it the same for everybody, or do I have a stale cache somewhere?

bas12

Apr 20, 2018

No submission email
No AOR

From what I understand, they take 1.5-2 months before AOR, and then processing should be fairly fast.
When I called in early April, they were still working on January applications, and processing time was about 60 days. So I guess the normal procedure is not to enter the application into the system for 2 months, and then finish it really fast.
Though for me it is taking a while. I will send a webform this week, since it is finally past current stated processing time which is 83 days as of May 16.

Oh, I also told them that my citizenship application is taking too long, my card expires in the end of May, and I may need to travel in June.
They sent me some links about how to apply for urgent processing, and how to apply for PRTD from outside of Canada if urgent processing doesn't work out. So, I guess if you can't wait 83 days, or maybe more if that will be updated, these are your options.

Tall ganesh

Aug 15, 2017
Sharing my PR card renewal timeline.

Applied through online pr portal on March 14th 2023, received card today. Never received AOR, till now unable to link application in GC key account and application not traceable through ECAS too. In PR portal still the status says submitted.

bas12

Apr 20, 2018
Just tried calling them, got an automatics response saying that due to covid they are facing delays and they are prioritizing applications from people who are exempt from covid travel restrictions. I wonder when they are going to change that recording?
The machine refused to connect me to an agent