+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRCard Renewal 2023

bas12

Apr 20, 2018
Got through on the phone, they say that they are working on Feb 15 applications now, but they also said that they already picked up my application from Feb 28 and are working on it.

And the current processing is now 89 days, though I still don't see it on the website. Edit: see it in another browser now

Last edited:

The Robust

Dec 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CAP REACHED
Doc's Request.
Applied in Express Entry
Got through on the phone, they say that they are working on Feb 15 applications now, but they also said that they already picked up my application from Feb 28 and are working on it.

And the current processing is now 89 days, though I still don't see it on the website. Edit: see it in another browser now
Did you get AOR yet?

Johny Bravo

Mar 29, 2015
Hi,
Just a quick technical question from your experience when you were working on your application to renew your PR card. In question 4.2 for example (work and educational history), when it says to list your history in the past five (5) years, did you use the date exactly 5 years ago as the starting date? for example, today I May 30, did you use the period exactly between May 30, 2018 and May 30, 2023? Could you please five me a an example how you approached this question?

thank you

C4P

Apr 24, 2018
Hi,
Just a quick technical question from your experience when you were working on your application to renew your PR card. In question 4.2 for example (work and educational history), when it says to list your history in the past five (5) years, did you use the date exactly 5 years ago as the starting date? for example, today I May 30, did you use the period exactly between May 30, 2018 and May 30, 2023? Could you please five me a an example how you approached this question?

thank you

Last 5 years from current date (assuming you will complete the application and submit on the current date) Or the date when you Landed as PR in Canada if you did not finish 5 years since you landed in Canada. If you half fill the application and come back later to complete, the dates will change and you will need to redo these sections (to update the last to date to current date) before you submit. Your final Submission Date and the last To Date in these sections need to match.

Johny Bravo

Mar 29, 2015
Last 5 years from current date (assuming you will complete the application and submit on the current date) Or the date when you Landed as PR in Canada if you did not finish 5 years since you landed in Canada. If you half fill the application and come back later to complete, the dates will change and you will need to redo these sections (to update the last to date to current date) before you submit. Your final Submission Date and the last To Date in these sections need to match.
Great, thanks. So for example, if I submit it tomorrow it would be dates used starting May 31, 2018 and ending May 31, 2023. Correct? Is it a good idea to show more than 5 years (starting date before May 31, 2018) p, or it doesn’t matterr?

bas12

Apr 20, 2018
Great, thanks. So for example, if I submit it tomorrow it would be dates used starting May 31, 2018 and ending May 31, 2023. Correct? Is it a good idea to show more than 5 years (starting date before May 31, 2018) p, or it doesn’t matterr?
I am not an immigration consultant or a lawyer, but I wouldn't provide anything they haven't asked for, that just creates more opportunity for them to get confused about something.

myreplies1975yh

May 2, 2023
Submitted PR Card renewal for parents on Feb 1, 2023 online
Returned for incomplete information
Resubmitted on March 9, 2023
Errors message cleared on portal as of May 1, 2023.

Any one has similar case?
Case Approved today and card has been mailed for one parent. Waiting on the other

wizardofwest90210

Star Member
Oct 18, 2022

89 days from when the application is sent to them, or 89 days from when they actually open the mail/online application? lol. I sent mine middle of March and heard on the phone they are working on Feb applications.

Nov 26, 2014
Question for some of the online applicants here:

When the application is returned for incomplete or clarification, or to resubmit photos, does the original application date change?
Reason I ask is because my parents 730 days requirement is cutting it close, and therefore if they return the application for whatever reason, I want to make sure the original 5-year date range stays and they don't recalculate from when the application was resubmitted.

Thanks.

splashyygirl

Star Member
May 31, 2017
I submitted my PR Renewal and Citizenship application the same day, April 3rd received April 11th. I have not received an AOR for both. No documents have been returned to me. Its like it is sitting in limbo somewhere...

stella_02

Jun 12, 2023
I submitted an online application on Feb 28.
Didn't get any AOR emails, but when I called IRCC they told me that it is received, and gave me the number so that I could connect it to GCkey account.
It says on that portal "received April 12" and "submitted April 28" (this was when I connected it to the online account).
So far no progress there.
When I talked to them on the phone they seemed to be thinking that processing time counts from AOR (which is wrong), and that I should not expect it until some time in June-July. My card expires next week, so that's pretty annoying. When I applied the processing time was about 70 days.

It looks like processing times hasn't been updated since May 16
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html
Is it the same for everybody, or do I have a stale cache somewhere?
Hello, have you received your pr card yet or an update? I had submitted my online application on March 13 and it says "Date Received: May 12, 2023" on GCkey. I was told the same thing when I called today, "the current processing time is 93 days, so your application should be approved by August 13."

bas12

Apr 20, 2018
Hello, have you received your pr card yet or an update? I had submitted my online application on March 13 and it says "Date Received: May 12, 2023" on GCkey. I was told the same thing when I called today, "the current processing time is 93 days, so your application should be approved by August 13."
No, nothing new. The current status is "submitted".
I started mandamus to hurry up my citizenship application, so I stopped calling them about the PR card. It doesn't seem to help anyway, and hopefully I won't need it.

Reactions: stella_02