+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR got refused

Mar 9, 2023
I applied for the PR under CEC on Oct 19, 2021. Its been 4 months and I received the final decision from IRCC that my application was refused on March 8th, 2023 for the following reason
There are no job duties listed in the letters I provided to prove that I have work experience in Canada. But I'm sure that I have provided the information they expected. I assume the documents were not reviewed properly.

This above is based on subsection 11(1) and 11.2 under Immigration and Refugee Protection Act

I found on the internet that I can appeal to the Federation Court of Canada within 15 days of refusal. But I'm not aware of how to do that

Please guide me on the next steps like consulting/suggesting a lawyer,process and how much would be the cost to go through this phase from appealing to court to getting the final decision.

hello2020

Star Member
Oct 8, 2019
I believe you made a typing mistake here and your AOR was on Oct 19, 2022. Can you share the original refusal letter itself (hide the personal information)?

manoj12345

Star Member
Mar 2, 2023
I applied for the PR under CEC on Oct 19, 2021. Its been 4 months and I received the final decision from IRCC that my application was refused on March 8th, 2023 for the following reason
There are no job duties listed in the letters I provided to prove that I have work experience in Canada. But I'm sure that I have provided the information they expected. I assume the documents were not reviewed properly.

This above is based on subsection 11(1) and 11.2 under Immigration and Refugee Protection Act

I found on the internet that I can appeal to the Federation Court of Canada within 15 days of refusal. But I'm not aware of how to do that

Please guide me on the next steps like consulting/suggesting a lawyer,process and how much would be the cost to go through this phase from appealing to court to getting the final decision.
You need an immigration lawyer (not consultant). You must act fast and appeal through the lawyer.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020

October 2021 or October 2022?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020

So did your employment letters include job duties as well as time work, salary? Employment letters with listed job duties are mandatory documents.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

Joy_Lil

Jan 25, 2023

What did you provide to prove your job duties? Do you know what's the VO?

t6e4m8

Star Member
Aug 3, 2019
Alberta, Canada
Hi.
Are some Visa Offices stricter than others? I’m considering applying for CEC in my home country cuz my work permit will expire soon. But I wonder will they access my application somehow differently? Since most CECs are probably accessed by inland VO, foreign VO probably access more FSW, but CEC and FSW have different requirements

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Hi.
Are some Visa Offices stricter than others? I’m considering applying for CEC in my home country cuz my work permit will expire soon. But I wonder will they access my application somehow differently? Since most CECs are probably accessed by inland VO, foreign VO probably access more FSW, but CEC and FSW have different requirements
Simply follow the instructions and requirements given when you apply and you won't have an issue.

sbali

Jan 13, 2023
Hi.
Did your reference letter has any duties mentioned at all ?

t6e4m8

Star Member
Aug 3, 2019
Alberta, Canada
Simply follow the instructions and requirements given when you apply and you won't have an issue.
That’s what I’m gonna do.
However, one member here reported that when he was applying for CEC in India, the VO there asked him to provide proof of fund even though he indicated 0 in his profile. This incident made me wonder whether outland VOs are following the correct requirements or not.

sbali

Jan 13, 2023

This really surprised me.

Which document had your duties listed?
What was the date of this document?
Were the duties in line with the NOC?

My employer has used their own description for my duties in the reference letter si i am worried, your details will help me a great deal
Thanks