+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR for self-employed

manp1988

Star Member
May 10, 2019
Canada
Hi,

I have recently cleared the mortgage agent course and starting to join the mortgage industry. Can I use this as a self-employed and apply for business or self-employed PR?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,

I have recently cleared the mortgage agent course and starting to join the mortgage industry. Can I use this as a self-employed and apply for business or self-employed PR?
Not for self employed PR. This occupation doesn't qualify under that program.

Once you have 1 year of full time continuous work experience in a skilled profession, you can certainly submit an Express Entry profile.

Reactions: Naturgrl

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,

Didn’t you get nomination from OINP Masters stream?

Are you in Canada now? If so, self employment doesn’t count for Canadian experience. If you have high net worth and want to purchase or start at business that will hire Canadians then look at PNP Entrepreneur programs. Need business plan, experience, marketing plan etc. This doesn’t guarantee PR.

Last edited:

manp1988

Star Member
May 10, 2019
Canada
Thanks!.
I applied for the express entry but my ITA got rejected. It is because I used my spouse's WES for her out-of-Canada education but IRCC said that the WES report was not sent to them and rejected my application without giving my any time to send my spouse WES report to IRCC.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks!.
I applied for the express entry but my ITA got rejected. It is because I used my spouse's WES for her out-of-Canada education but IRCC said that the WES report was not sent to them and rejected my application without giving my any time to send my spouse WES report to IRCC.
So re-enter the EE pool. Self employment doesn’t count towards Canadian experience.