+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal

AJK_9

Jun 30, 2012
Re: PR Card Renewal - Secondary Review Response

Hi Leon/Scylla/Keesio...and all the members

Can you please advise for my concern, having all the papers for proving presence of 2.5 years, just missing some visits for Canada/USA in USA(FOIA) entry/exit records (may be possible they didn't updated I-94 records), is it ok, what we can do....please advise....

At least your response will make things better...

Thanks once again

AJK_9 said:
Hi

Re : PR Card Renewal - Secondary Review Response

We have received Entry/Exit record from Home country and from USA(FOIA online) but few entries are missing for USA/Canada traveling, anybody can advise what we can do for that...confused only for this issue....

We are here since 2012 and completed 2.5 years, sending Color Copies of passport and Entry/Exit records, in addition also sending following documents for last 3 years

1 - Tax
2 - Bank Stat
3 - Credit Card Stat
4 - Lease / Mortgage Documents
5 - Job letter / University Letter for son / Wife not working
6 - Home / Car Insurance

Thanks a lot

AJK_9

Jun 30, 2012

Hi

Can you please advise

Thanks

AJK_9 said:
Hi Leon/Scylla/Keesio...and all the members

Can you please advise for my concern, having all the papers for proving presence of 2.5 years, just missing some visits for Canada/USA in USA(FOIA) entry/exit records (may be possible they didn't updated I-94 records), is it ok, what we can do....please advise....

At least your response will make things better...

Thanks once again

HIZ

Star Member
Sep 21, 2012

HI,
Is it possible to apply ONE year in advance ( one year before expiry of PR cards) so that some one has no problem to travel just after expiry of PR cards?
regards,
HIZ

osamaamany

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014

HIZ said:
HI,
Is it possible to apply ONE year in advance ( one year before expiry of PR cards) so that some one has no problem to travel just after expiry of PR cards?
regards,
HIZ
Max. possible time 9 month in advance as per CIC

Jerry1410

Star Member
May 17, 2015
Earlier one was required to send the PR Card along with the renewal application. Now CIC is more generous and you do not have to send it.

I hope they will think of providing a temporary card valid for 1 year when they require more time to process the card and renew it for 5 years. That will be a good progressive step.

AJK_9

Jun 30, 2012
Good Morning

There is small date correction in PR renewal form already sent, can you please advise which date we have to mention in the Form while resubmitting ? same date we sent earlier OR as of today's date i.e. we mailed forms on Feb 20, 2015 and with correction date should be as of today or Feb 20, 2015 and days calculation as of today or have to keep same as per OLD form sent

Thanks

AJK_9

Jun 30, 2012
Hi

We just received CBSA Report and there are few trips missing so we have to change/revise the PR Renewal forms we already mailed, now we are showing all dates/information as per CBSA report. Is it unlawful to change PR forms that has been already submitted, is there any chance they might believe that we had provided wrong info in the earlier forms and may create some problem....please advise

We already stayed here for more than +850 days and submitting all the documents for last 3 years once again i.e. Color passport, Tax Returns, Bank Stat, Credit Card Stat, Lease & Mortgage deeds, Car & Home Insurance, Job letter, University letter for son, Utility bills etc.

In addition also sending CBSA Report, Entry-Exit Records

Thanks

mira8098

Aug 7, 2015
Did you get your PR jet ? I was in Panama and Peru for 3 days and i did not put it on the travel history too i am afraid i will get delayed i might ask for an Access to information privacy to check to history of my entries to canada and i am in your same situation i have more than 850 days in canada and i send my application on Thursday sept 17 2015.

AJK_9

Jun 30, 2012
Hi

Here is timeline for PR Renewal

March 2015 - Sent PR Renewal

April 2015 - Letter for additional documents / Secondary Review

August 2015 - Sent all the Documents for last 5 years

Called CIC for update, till date they didn't have any update for receipt of documents sent in August 2015 (we have FedEx confirmation with name), there system displays only letter sent for Secondary Review / Additional Documents in April 2015

While as per CIC letter : If we do not receive the requested information within 180 days of the date above, we will consider your application for a permanent resident card abandoned

Please advise

AJK_9

Jun 30, 2012
Hi

We received CBSA Report and there are few trips missing so we have to change/revise the PR Renewal forms we already mailed, now we are showing all dates/information as per CBSA report. Is it unlawful to change PR forms that has been already submitted, is there any chance they might believe that we had provided wrong info in the earlier forms and may create some problem....please advise

Thanks

ranjan05

Star Member
May 22, 2012
Hi AJK_9
How you managed to get Entry/Exit Record from India.what is department to contact.Also I got I94 online form . I hope this will be OK or they need full report under FIOA.

AJK_9

Jun 30, 2012
ranjan05 said:
Hi AJK_9
How you managed to get Entry/Exit Record from India.what is department to contact.Also I got I94 online form . I hope this will be OK or they need full report under FIOA.
Hi ranjan05

Just got police clearance certificate with Travel dates (India) : From & To

All the best

sambujang

Oct 25, 2016
Hello Everyone,
Does anyone have an idea how long it takes before a PR card renewal application completes a secondary review? I have sent my PR card for renewal on August 18, 2016, and and it is almost 6 months since I was informed that my application has now been sent for secondary review. I recently needed to travel abroad but without a valid PR card. So I had to take a painstakingly long route through the United States on my visa exempt passport. I do not understand why CIC would take this long to verify that you have met residency obligation. We do agree that the laws of Canada must be respected. I believe that if any Permanent Resident violates residency requirement, then the PR status must be revoked because this has been clearly spell out on CIC website that you must have 730 day physical presence in Canada in the past 5 years. At the same time permanent residents must not suffer too long just just to verify that they met the residency requirement. I wonder if the immigration minister is aware of this flaw in the system. How long do I have to wait for before I get my new PR card?