+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal

AJK_9

Jun 30, 2012
Hi

Happy New Year to all

We are planning to file PR renewal in January 2015, expiring in May 2015

Can you please advise, recently it seems that CIC making some problems for PR card renewal so far as Time and Documentation part is concerned,

1 - We were out of Canada for 2.5 years (Temp work to US), present for more than 730(approx 800 days) days during last five years

2 - During US stay visited India twice so how to show it in the application because we are showing 2.5 years in US and out of that 45 days in India, if we have to show both of these than days will be duplicated

3 - Recently it's noticed that CIC sending cases for secondary review, is there any specific reason for that, it's very tough/confusing question...but no clue

4 - As a principle applicant worked here for last 2.5 years, spouse worked for few months and son in the university, we have all the documents what they have requested

If we are present for 730/800 days do you think that CIC raises any more queries

Thanks

MarioYYZ

Mar 2, 2014
1- So you have met your RO.
2- In the "travelled to" section of the question, just indicate "US" and that your trip includes travel to India.
3- Yes, they want to verify that your declared physical presence is true.
4- That sounds great.

As long as you can prove that you've met your RO, you're good to go.

AJK_9

Jun 30, 2012
Hi

Before 2 years my wife filed Citizenship and got letter for exam, after completing exam officer given list of documents to be submitted but to be frankly we don't have all that documents and so we withdraw application. Do you think that it become problem for PR renewal, while for last 2.5 years we are physically present in Canada and completed 730 days

Pl advise

david1697

Nov 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AJK_9 said:
Hi

Before 2 years my wife filed Citizenship and got letter for exam, after completing exam officer given list of documents to be submitted but to be frankly we don't have all that documents and so we withdraw application. Do you think that it become problem for PR renewal, while for last 2.5 years we are physically present in Canada and completed 730 days

Pl advise
Did you live 730+ days in Canada in the past 5 years?
If answer is 'YES', do you have an evidence to prove it ?

If both answers are 'YES' then apply for renewal and challenge CIC to meet you in court if they create any problems along the way.
Sue them for attorney costs and damages if you have to go through hoops to prove obvious.
That's what we do in US. We sue government in court of law if it plays funky with us while we are on the right side of the law.

But you should first make sure that:
A) You indeed lived 730+ days in Canada in past 5 years
B) You have hard evidence/proof of A.

If you have not stayed in Canada 730+ days in the past 5 years then you are better off just stay away from applying for anything or else you will be stripped off of your PR status, and justly so.

AJK_9

Jun 30, 2012
Thanks David. What evidence required, can you pl advise

My wife worked for 5-6 months only so we have pay-stubs, in addition we have License / Health Card / Lease deed for Apartment in her name (Joint with me) and recently bought house, she is also joint owner

Thanks

david1697

Nov 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AJK_9 said:
Thanks David. What evidence required, can you pl advise

My wife worked for 5-6 months only so we have pay-stubs, in addition we have License / Health Card / Lease deed for Apartment in her name (Joint with me) and recently bought house, she is also joint owner

Thanks
I don't know what specific evidence, but I would figuratively chew up any prosecutor in a court of law if I knew for a fact that I was in Canada 730+ days and someone stood up and said "He wasn't!".

david1697

Nov 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Point is: if you know for a fact that you have over 730 days in Canada in the past 5 years and have evidence to prove the same then you can apply for PR Card. If indeed you were in Canada and have proof,then what is the problem?

AJK_9

Jun 30, 2012
Hi David

Thanks, we have stayed for 730+ days. By any chance do you have any idea about documents required for PR renewal i.e what you mentioned as Hard Evidence

AJK_9

Jun 30, 2012
Hi

My last card expiry was May 15, 2010 and this card expires in May 2015, so at the time of considering last 5 years from which date we have to consider, if I am applying today for renewal i.e Feb 11, 2015, is it period between Feb 10, 2010 to Feb 11, 2015, pl advise

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

AJK_9 said:
Hi

My last card expiry was May 15, 2010 and this card expires in May 2015, so at the time of considering last 5 years from which date we have to consider, if I am applying today for renewal i.e Feb 11, 2015, is it period between Feb 10, 2010 to Feb 11, 2015, pl advise
From Feb 10th /10

AJK_9

Jun 30, 2012
Hi

Can you please advise

In PR Renewal Form

#19 - Address History : In present/latest address if we are living FROM : January 1, 2014, what we have to write in TO : today's date OR till date

Thanks