+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal & New - 2022 Processing Timeline

maddyraja

Apr 19, 2017
It is actually BS - I applied in Mar late under urgent and got returned as due to photo back did not have proper info , took another photo with another studio info and applied same day on June 5th under urgent, no info till now. Guess what when I called , lady says oh we don't have any thing in our system with your application , we are currently processing Apr 20th application. I said is there any concept called "Urgent" ? , she said "nope" and I asked her 3 times.
I had similar experience. Just that submitted my picture on June 7. Called and was told that 95 days counter is reset after picture submission. Isnt that crazy. First you request for a new picture after 3 months and then take another 3 months to review the new submitted picture. I m going nuts! Do share if you get any update please. Thanks!

USA_student_to_Canada

Star Member
Oct 31, 2020
It is actually BS - I applied in Mar late under urgent and got returned as due to photo back did not have proper info , took another photo with another studio info and applied same day on June 5th under urgent, no info till now. Guess what when I called , lady says oh we don't have any thing in our system with your application , we are currently processing Apr 20th application. I said is there any concept called "Urgent" ? , she said "nope" and I asked her 3 times.
What do you mean by photo back did not have proper info? I had to digitally upload my photo. How did you submit the back photo?

do_not_reply

Jun 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I had similar experience. Just that submitted my picture on June 7. Called and was told that 95 days counter is reset after picture submission. Isnt that crazy. First you request for a new picture after 3 months and then take another 3 months to review the new submitted picture. I m going nuts! Do share if you get any update please. Thanks!
This is non sense really, Why does counter need to be reset ? it was just the photo. Request new one and approve it and print the damn card.
I don't think they even open any application before 95 days or whatever current sleeping period is. Why does one need to go to IRCC for renewal of PR cards ? Why can't service Canada do it ? Determine number of days eligibility and print the shitty card.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
From what I understand, if you plan on leaving in less than 3 weeks, they won't do PR renewal urgent processing, and will tell you to apply for PRTD from the country you're traveling to. Nobody could tell me how long PRTD takes, it probably depends on the country. I saw someone on this forum stuck somewhere in europe for 3 months with no updates to their PRTD application, so that is not very convenient if you need to return to Canada in less than a few months.

Though it probably won't hurt to call and ask if it is possible to hurry it up.
Apparently, it does happen:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/prtd-application-submitted-in-canada-success-story.794260/

do_not_reply

Jun 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I never did anything like that, only sent them my photo. I asked the photo studio lady and she said it works just upload the photo. Do you suggest I resubmit the photos via webform?
I suggest nothing buddy. Only thing I know the process is BS and if one submits application online , they are supposed to upload front and back of the photo and on back of the photo it should mention the details

USA_student_to_Canada

Star Member
Oct 31, 2020
I suggest nothing buddy. Only thing I know the process is BS and if one submits application online , they are supposed to upload front and back of the photo and on back of the photo it should mentioned the details
Could anyone comment on this and share your experience please? I read online for the online submission it just has to be a photo you dont need front and back unless youre submitting hard copies via mail.

do_not_reply

Jun 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

USA_student_to_Canada

Star Member
Oct 31, 2020
Can you please share the info where you read it ?
So the info you shared is specifically for renewing pr and or applying for PRTD. For the initial pr there was no requirement to submit a backside for digital copies.

Reactions: do_not_reply

Danew

Jun 22, 2023
Trying to link my application on my gckey with no success.I’ve used my application number and uci number but they can’t find my application does this mean they haven’t even started processing my application?Such a frustrating process going through this renewal it actually took less time to get my initial pr.

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Trying to link my application on my gckey with no success.I’ve used my application number and uci number but they can’t find my application does this mean they haven’t even started processing my application?Such a frustrating process going through this renewal it actually took less time to get my initial pr.
What application number are you using ? it should be PR card application number mentioned in AoR email.