+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal & New - 2022 Processing Timeline

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
I called Ircc this morning and asked for my application number.
Okay, I hope you are adding "R" are the start of application number. I would assume, since there is application number already generated, the application is in process and you should be able to add.

Danew

Jun 22, 2023
Okay, I hope you are adding "R" are the start of application number. I would assume, since there is application number already generated, the application is in process and you should be able to add.
Yes the number starts with R.I requested urgent processing by web form and they replied saying they approved urgent processing on June 30.
I have to travel on July 28th and not knowing where I’m at in the process it’s giving me anxiety.lol

bas12

Apr 20, 2018
My PR renewal finally got approved
> We mailed your permanent resident card to you. Your card can take up to six weeks to arrive.

Applied February 28, 4.5 months wait + up to 6 weeks more. Might end up being a total of 6 months, if it even arrives at all.
There were no updates to the application in my IRCC account between when I linked it and now. I suspect it was just dormant. No amount of calls made it move.
The card arrived today, 3 business days after it was mailed.
Incidentally, I was scheduled for a citizenship oath 1 day after PR renewal was approved. The law firm thinks that PR card renewal was processed because the citizenship office sent a request to the PR office, and they finally woke up. So, despite physical presence being completed for my citizenhsip application, they still check PR for some reason.

bas12

Apr 20, 2018
Yes the number starts with R.I requested urgent processing by web form and they replied saying they approved urgent processing on June 30.
I have to travel on July 28th and not knowing where I’m at in the process it’s giving me anxiety.lol
I thought if you get the application number that means there was AOR, and the application is in their system. Maybe call again, and make sure they didn't misread the number to you? Let them know that you cannot connect it.

Though it probably won't help you know where you're in the process, the updates are not very regular, mostly non-existent.

Danew

Jun 22, 2023
I thought if you get the application number that means there was AOR, and the application is in their system. Maybe call again, and make sure they didn't misread the number to you? Let them know that you cannot connect it.

Though it probably won't help you know where you're in the process, the updates are not very regular, mostly non-existent.
I applied online so maybe that’s why I didn’t get Aor.I actually tried calling quite a few times later in the day after I realized it wouldn’t work with no success.
I hear you about the updates seems to be all over the place from what I’ve read on this thread.I guess I’ll just keep my fingers crossed that it comes before next Friday but I highly doubt it now.
Thanks for the replies..

Reactions: bas12

Mary1976

Oct 1, 2018
Hi everybody,
Here is my timeline:
Hope you'll find it helpful.

Paper application : Received on April 24
AOR : July 11
Decision made : July 12
Card mailed out : July 13
Card received : July 19

Wish you all the best !!

samjel

Jul 17, 2023
Hi everybody,
Here is my timeline:
Hope you'll find it helpful.

Paper application : Received on April 24
AOR : July 11
Decision made : July 12
Card mailed out : July 13
Card received : July 19

Wish you all the best !!
Did you apply for urgent processing? They received mine on May 3rd. Still no AOR and i cant check the Status, but GCKey is saying "processing". Calling ircc said they agreed for urgent processing but still nothing in my mail. I wanted to leave on Saturday. I cant get a PRTD because my passport got renewed and they only agree a PR Card to get my new passport mailed to me.

Mary1976

Oct 1, 2018
Did you apply for urgent processing? They received mine on May 3rd. Still no AOR and i cant check the Status, but GCKey is saying "processing". Calling ircc said they agreed for urgent processing but still nothing in my mail. I wanted to leave on Saturday. I cant get a PRTD because my passport got renewed and they only agree a PR Card to get my new passport mailed to me.
Mine was on a regular basis.
Hope you'll receive good news before your departure.

Reactions: samjel

kyo

Jul 21, 2023
Hi guys, my pr card was mailed on July 12. Still haven't arrived. Is it normal to take so long?

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
How do I verify that?
Call IRCC at 1 (888) 242-2100 . When you call IRCC, It will ask you for the UCI , press 2 i.e. no UCI available and then as soon as the message for AF and UK refugees start playing press 3 3 0 in quick succession you will be able to reach them. The real deal is - don't wait to hear out the refugee messages

Reactions: do_not_reply