+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Postponed hearings timelines

Um Zainab

May 4, 2018
Anyone from 2016 or early 2017 still waiting for a hearing?
I am still waiting for the decision after sending the supporting documents for expedited process 2 months ago . I know many friends from Yemen aplaied after me and get the acceptance this month. This makes me stressful.

Jan 10, 2017
I wish I applied at a country with some justice brother. Nothing else I can say.
Hi Samer,
It is sad that you haven't received hearing date as yet.
do you have private lawyer or legal aid lawyer?
Did you speak with your lawyer about such delay in getting hearing date?

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2018
I wish I applied at a country with some justice brother. Nothing else I can say.
I wasn’t going to say anything but I feel like I should. As frustrating as it is for you waiting for a hearing date, you also have to remember that a lot of people here passed through something similar, having said that your posts have a lot of contempt for a country you hope accepts you as a refugee. You also have to keep in mind that the system truly is backlogged(I hated hearing this but it’s true) that being said if you want to apply to a country with “some justice” you are always free to withdraw your claim and find such country, but I don’t think any other country will show more leniency than Canada has towards refugees.

Reactions: 9990
Sep 28, 2018
It’s not easy for me to say what I said above to another person who is going through something similar that I went through. I paid for every process from my legal costs down to every other thing, I had a bit of contempt coz I felt like other people were getting handouts while I was working hard to make my claim a success. But never had any contempt that I didn’t have a refugee hearing date, even though people from other countries might have had it easier. Canada owes nothing more than a fair hearing to refugees and that I believe is what they’re trying to do. Imagine one board member having to adjudicate five cases a day? That would not be considered fair or “justice”

Reactions: canuck78 and 9990