+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Postponed hearings timelines

Sameerabutt

Star Member
Aug 1, 2018
I am from Ethiopia my hearing appointment was for December, but finally I received a postponing letter by this week. Now I start to think how much time it will take to get the other letter stating my hearing? and how much months it will take? the other thing I want to know is, is that possible to get a travel document while I am a refugee claimant?
Once you claim is accepted as protected person you can apply for RTD .

Reactions: Jalalcananda

joksuela

Star Member
Sep 27, 2018
What are the benefits, if any, of applying for RTD as opposed to using one's passport of the country of citizenship?

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018
What are the benefits, if any, of applying for RTD as opposed to using one's passport of the country of citizenship?
The best thing is to forget your passport. A real refugee who can not return to his her country why should use the passport of that country? Btw, they do not return your pass until you be pr as I know. The Canadian RTD is much more powerful than our original passport. So just forget your passport. I even do not want to receive it from irb and if it is possible I will not take it back unless i have to.

Reactions: Donbosco

Jan 10, 2017
The best thing is to forget your passport. A real refugee who can not return to his her country why should use the passport of that country? Btw, they do not return your pass until you be pr as I know. The Canadian RTD is much more powerful than our original passport. So just forget your passport. I even do not want to receive it from irb and if it is possible I will not take it back unless i have to.
Well said!!!

Reactions: Jalalcananda

Polsonlive

Oct 2, 2018
Anyone know how long it takes to receive the RTD? And if I travel to their office will I receive it within a day or two?

SAMER MAHER

Jan 8, 2017
I am from Ethiopia my hearing appointment was for December, but finally I received a postponing letter by this week. Now I start to think how much time it will take to get the other letter stating my hearing? and how much months it will take? the other thing I want to know is, is that possible to get a travel document while I am a refugee claimant?
It depends on how lucky you are, no rules at all once you get postponed

Polsonlive

Oct 2, 2018
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account.html
step 1: create a Mycic account (GCkey signup) using the above link ( following the instructions while creating account and i suggest to write down all the security question and answer at a safe place so that you do not forget what you typed there)
step 2: Based on your questionnaire you answered in step 1, your Mycic account will automatically be consisting the application forms which you have to submit ( download them)
step 3: upload all the forms once filled,your photo and documents etc whatever is requested in your Mycic account
Step 4: once everything completed Submit your application for processing.

-uploading supporting documents: scan them all, paste them in a word document file and upload them.
-After submitting wait for the outcome, they will notify about any updates in your Mycic account by sending you an email.
I already have account but it wont let me edit anything. I opened with bank account. Am trying to extend work permit. Any help you can give me pls? Or anyone who can help. Thanks guys

Jan 10, 2017
I already have account but it wont let me edit anything. I opened with bank account. Am trying to extend work permit. Any help you can give me pls? Or anyone who can help. Thanks guys
How did you applied for work permit first time? I don't know if there is another way to extend work permit online but if look carefully you'll get options to extend your work permit on your CIC account