07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Hi Members,

My Wife will be accompanying me to Canada and her name is listed as accompanying applicant.

So under personal details in family section for primary applicant (me) , do I need to list her as well?
The first statement says not to yet the second statement mentions about spouse, bit confused.

"Please tell us about *****'s immediate family members that have not been identified in the application.
This includes any parent, any spouse or common-law partner, any child including adult children, and any brothers or sisters. If the relative is deceased, provide the date of death."
The answer is in your copy pasted text --> "that have not been identified in the application"

jatinsingh787

Star Member
Aug 28, 2017
Delhi
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
02-02-2018
Hi Friends I have a query regarding the Family Section it is mentioned " Does ***** have a relative who is a citizen or permanent resident of Canada? (The relative must be 18 or older and living in Canada.) Although I have a brother who is a PR but I have not claim his point in making Express Entry bcoz I already had higher score to get ITA easily. So In that case what should I chose?

cc31

Sep 5, 2017
Canada
Hi Friends I have a query regarding the Family Section it is mentioned " Does ***** have a relative who is a citizen or permanent resident of Canada? (The relative must be 18 or older and living in Canada.) Although I have a brother who is a PR but I have not claim his point in making Express Entry bcoz I already had higher score to get ITA easily. So In that case what should I chose?
I have a somewhat similar situation. My brother became a PR after I got ITA. I explained in LoE the situation and that I have not claimed additional points for a PR sibling post-ITA.

Did your brother became a PR before or after you received ITA? What did you put in the EE form?

jatinsingh787

Star Member
Aug 28, 2017
Delhi
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
02-02-2018
I have a somewhat similar situation. My brother became a PR after I got ITA. I explained in LoE the situation and that I have not claimed additional points for a PR sibling post-ITA.

Did your brother became a PR before or after you received ITA? What did you put in the EE form?
He was already a PR but we did not claim his points now under the post ITA it is asking rhe same question so it is bit confusing whether to say yes or no

donald70fms

Star Member
Sep 6, 2017
india
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
you declare relatives that are "close" and by CIC definition close relatives are the following:
  • parent
  • grandparent
  • child
  • grandchild
  • child of a parent (sibling)
  • child of a grandparent (aunt or uncle)
  • grandchild of a parent (niece or nephew)
so essentially you should check if your brother falls under any of the above coz you don't have to worry about someone who is a brother but is a distant cousin.
but if u have some who fits the description then mention it anyways. if its not affecting your points you don't have to worry. write a note in LOE stating that since you thought that it won't affect your CRS points you dint mention it when you made EE profile.

cc31

Sep 5, 2017
Canada
I agree to donald70fms. You should always declare close relatives otherwise your information might be considered as misrepresentation; and mention in the form that your brother is a PR. It is easy for them to check that information anyway.

Also do explain in the LoE that you did not claim points for PR sibling. I would use caution when using the word "thought" as it can insinuate that you were not well informed. This is what I think you can do best if you want to proceed. If you have a good CRS score, starting afresh might be another option too.

P.S. I do not remember if they ask for family details in the initial EE form.

jatinsingh787

Star Member
Aug 28, 2017
Delhi
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
02-02-2018
@cc31 @donald70fms, Thankyou guys for the info, one more thing need to be clear, before I could proceed further,

When I created express entry I did mention the sibling points which took me to 489 but later I removed the point to reduce the paper work n got 474 n updated, which anyways got me an ITA on 20th DEC.
When I open the continue form under permanent residency option, majority of info is already fetched from Express entry profile, now the query is

Under the family option : where it is asking for does you have any sibling who is a PR, by default it was showing NO
this is what makes me confuse to whether leave it the default or should I change it to YES bcoz I do have brother (by blood) but under the family option I did mention his name n my mothers details as well, please let me know what option to go for under sibling points above Yes or No. This is really confusing me :(

cc31

Sep 5, 2017
Canada
@cc31 @donald70fms, Thankyou guys for the info, one more thing need to be clear, before I could proceed further,

When I created express entry I did mention the sibling points which took me to 489 but later I removed the point to reduce the paper work n got 474 n updated, which anyways got me an ITA on 20th DEC.
When I open the continue form under permanent residency option, majority of info is already fetched from Express entry profile, now the query is

Under the family option : where it is asking for does you have any sibling who is a PR, by default it was showing NO
this is what makes me confuse to whether leave it the default or should I change it to YES bcoz I do have brother (by blood) but under the family option I did mention his name n my mothers details as well, please let me know what option to go for under sibling points above Yes or No. This is really confusing me :(
I gave a quick look at the CIC website and did not find anywhere saying that declaring a PR sibling is mandatory. It sounded like it is just optional if you only want to get the additional points. However, I did not find/study a similar case before from where I can take reference and provide comments.

With that score, I would probably reapply stating 'Yes' in EE profile this time (although I do not need the additional points). And if I have to really proceed, I would not change any EE-fetched information unless there is a change of status and can substantiate it with a reasonable explanation. In your case, there has been no such change and you cannot tell them that you wanted to reduce paperwork. They compare your EE and e-APR and any change in info might raise a question. However if you still plan to proceed, the best bet would be to mention in LoE that your brother is a PR but you do not want to claim points for the same.

Olsi

Nov 8, 2017
Hello,

I have a question; I have put the status "legally separated" in my profile.
When filling the application post-ITA, it asks me: Please tell us about XXXXXXX's immediate family members that have not been identified in the application.

Should I put my spouse there although we are "Legally Separated" and of course is not accompanying?

Thank you.

adihrra

Apr 4, 2015

Hello Mate ,

My case is exactly the same .I have got an ITA and nomination from Nova Scotia.Until now I have not mentioned anywhere about my Sister being in British Columbia . Neither I mentioned this in EE application and neither in my application to Nova Scotia.But given under family section if I am adding the details of my parents they will be able to detect this in their system by having the same parent name of my sister aswell.

What should be done now?

thanks

Feb 9, 2018
hey,

In personal details the form asks for the immediate family (parents, sisters, children) and afterwards, it asks "have you told us about all of [name] relatives?"

I guess the answer is "yes" if I added my parents and sister, right? I mean basically, I have other relatives like aunts, grandparents and so on too. But the question if I mentioned all is related to my immediate family, right?

Gurps

Feb 3, 2019
Dear Forum inhabitants,
I need your help on below question:

I was divorced and remarried. I have a child from a previous marriage who lives and will live with my ex-wife as she has custody. My 1.5 years old child from 2nd marriage is Canadian born citizen who lives in India on India visa. So the truth is that the total family members are 4. (I am including my child from a previous marriage as he is also my blood). I had applied for Canadian visitor visa in 2017 where I had mentioned details about the child from my previous marriage i.e his name, date of birth and address etc but I had mentioned him as "Not accompanying".

Now I am filling Express entry online forms for profile creation:

1. What should I write in family section where it asks "How many family members does ******** has? Should I include the child from previous marriage who live and will live with my ex-wife permanently and Canadian born child who is from my current marriage. If yes family members will be 4.
2. Is there need to exclude child from previous marriage who live with ex-wife permanently. If yes family members will be 3. But I should be able to take him to Canada if required in long future if circumstances arise in future.
2.1. So should I add him in family count or I need to take just the applicants included in this application.

3. Should I exclude my Canadian born child also as he is already a Canadian citizen? If yes family will be of 2 members.

4. Will the family member be only the applicants included in this application no other members in the family?

Please answer my queries as its important for me as I am very confused and need the answers badly.
Thanks in advance.

skape7

Apr 24, 2017
Dear Forum inhabitants,
I need your help on below question:

I was divorced and remarried. I have a child from a previous marriage who lives and will live with my ex-wife as she has custody. My 1.5 years old child from 2nd marriage is Canadian born citizen who lives in India on India visa. So the truth is that the total family members are 4. (I am including my child from a previous marriage as he is also my blood). I had applied for Canadian visitor visa in 2017 where I had mentioned details about the child from my previous marriage i.e his name, date of birth and address etc but I had mentioned him as "Not accompanying".

Now I am filling Express entry online forms for profile creation:
Hi Gurps, note my response to your questions in blue text below:

1. What should I write in family section where it asks "How many family members does ******** has? Should I include the child from previous marriage who live and will live with my ex-wife permanently and Canadian born child who is from my current marriage. If yes family members will be 4.
Yes, you need to include all family members (including your child from your previous and current marriages)
2. Is there need to exclude child from previous marriage who live with ex-wife permanently. If yes family members will be 3. But I should be able to take him to Canada if required in long future if circumstances arise in future.

Yes, you need to include your child from previous marriage for two reasons. One, you shall be the legal guardian should anything happen to your ex-wife. And second, you could sponsor your child for permanent residence once you, yourself become one.
2.1. So should I add him in family count or I need to take just the applicants included in this application.

So yes, you need to add both children to your family count.
3. Should I exclude my Canadian born child also as he is already a Canadian citizen? If yes family will be of 2 members.

No, you cannot exclude your Canadian born child. So your family count shall be 4 members. You shall need to show proof of funds for all four members, even if they are non-accompanying or Canadian citizens. If you do not disclose this information, it shall amount to misrepresentation and you could be barred from applying again for 5 years.
4. Will the family member be only the applicants included in this application no other members in the family?
Only your spouse, and your children shall be included in the application. All other family members (Father, Mother, Brothers, Sisters should be included in the Family section)

Please answer my queries as its important for me as I am very confused and need the answers badly.
Thanks in advance.
You can additionally check these links below:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/including-step-child-in-permanent-resident-application.524976/
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/express-entry-step-child-quesitons.590879/page-2
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/child-details-in-expressentry-divorced.314758/

ramkumar_2018

Jul 9, 2019
Dear All,

Post ITA, for a dependent children under immediate family members section which has not been identified till now for application, do we need to add father \ mother details or leave blank, please suggest.

Thanks.