London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thank you again.

In my Express Entry profile.

Under ""Personal details"" option, I have the section named ""Family""

It says

""
We need to know some information about (my name) family. Tell us about his/her family.

*How many family members does (my name) have? (This includes Me, a spouse or partner, dependent children, and their dependent children.) (required)
[drop down to select the number]
""

As my wife's son won't be accompanying us, should I include him here? with me, my wife and our child? it will be three of us, if we include my wife's child it will be 4.

Besides this could you tell me the other sections where his name or his inclusion is required or not required?
Yes, the child must be included there. Note that you must also include the child when calculating proof of funds.

He must be mentioned everywhere it asks about dependents.

Reactions: mohafahas

mohafahas

Oct 22, 2018
Yes, the child must be included there. Note that you must also include the child when calculating proof of funds.

He must be mentioned everywhere it asks about dependents.
I greatly appreciate your reply. I was eagerly waiting for it.

Could you tell me when and where I will be getting the option to choose that the child is not accompanying us?

Also, in our previous conversation we talked about getting this below option to select from, could you let me know when and where I need to make that selection?

She understands that you don't want the child to come to Canada or she also doesn't want the child to come?

It is asked in the application.
I am also concerned that if I state that "I do not want the child to come to Canada and my wife understands this" do you feel that the immigration officer will judge me? because I know for sure, I sound like someone who is separating their child from a mother. But in hindsight, I have my own reasons for saying something like that.

Instead of doing that should we both collectively say that we do not want the boy to come to Canada for now? If we say the latter point will there be any problems for him to come to Canada as my wife would be willing to sponsor him in the future.

I know the truth about such a question but I do not know what would be the right answer to give, which would not have any repercussions to me while the application is processed and to the child when he wishes to come to Canada in the future.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I greatly appreciate your reply. I was eagerly waiting for it.

Could you tell me when and where I will be getting the option to choose that the child is not accompanying us?

Also, in our previous conversation we talked about getting this below option to select from, could you let me know when and where I need to make that selection?

I am also concerned that if I state that "I do not want the child to come to Canada and my wife understands this" do you feel that the immigration officer will judge me? because I know for sure, I sound like someone who is separating their child from a mother. But in hindsight, I have my own reasons for saying something like that.

Instead of doing that should we both collectively say that we do not want the boy to come to Canada for now? If we say the latter point will there be any problems for him to come to Canada as my wife would be willing to sponsor him in the future.

I know the truth about such a question but I do not know what would be the right answer to give, which would not have any repercussions to me while the application is processed and to the child when he wishes to come to Canada in the future.
I meant that the application asks if the child is accompanying or not. That's it. It does not ask for reasons or explanations.

mohafahas

Oct 22, 2018
I meant that the application asks if the child is accompanying or not. That's it. It does not ask for reasons or explanations.
Thank you for your valuable reply.

I have two questions, the answer may be same for both of them. But I request you to answer them separately.

First, could you let me know exactly when and where I will get the option of selecting not accompanying for the child? It would be much better if you have a screenshot.

Second, will that option be available when we'll be filling the application initially with mine and my spouse's details? or is that an option we have to select after we apply for an ITA? during the document verification process.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thank you for your valuable reply.

I have two questions, the answer may be same for both of them. But I request you to answer them separately.

First, could you let me know exactly when and where I will get the option of selecting not accompanying for the child? It would be much better if you have a screenshot.

Second, will that option be available when we'll be filling the application initially with mine and my spouse's details? or is that an option we have to select after we apply for an ITA? during the document verification process.
Don't know where in the process. It is not something you will miss.

You will select non-accompanying when completing the actual PR app, not the EE profile.

Reactions: mohafahas

shopmujahid

Oct 2, 2021
I need a advice to include in IRCC express entry application of my step son(who is also my nephew - my brother's son) who is about 9 years old who live with us in India. Step son's father(my brother) is deceased in 2013. I got Married with his mother in 2015 after my brothers death. I'm taking care of this child like a father since he is born in 2012, child doesn't even know this story, he thinks I'm his real father, he is too young to cope with this. I do not have my own children yet.

There is no Adoption law for Muslims in India as per Indian Personal Law board for Muslims. So I cannot adopt him officially as per govt of India, however I have an adoption deed which states that I will be the guardian and care taker of the child or adopted the child. It is just a written statement which has witness signature on it.

I'm currently in Canada with work permit status, I need to apply for PR for myself, spouse and my stepson.

I cannot leave my child in India and take my wife to Canada, there will be no one to take care of him.

What type of documents I need to gather to bring my step son to Canada under IRCC visa?

Please give me advice regarding this issue.

Greatly appreciate your response.

Regards
Mujahid, from India

shopmujahid

Oct 2, 2021
I need a advice to include in IRCC express entry application of my step son(who is also my nephew - my brother's son) who is about 9 years old who live with us in India. Step son's father(my brother) is deceased in 2013. I got Married with his mother in 2015 after my brothers death. I'm taking care of this child like a father since he is born in 2012, child doesn't even know this story, he thinks I'm his real father, he is too young to cope with this. I do not have my own children yet.

There is no Adoption law as per Muslim Personal Law Board in India. So I cannot adopt him officially, however I have an adoption deed which states that I will be the guardian and care taker of the child or adopted the child. It is just a written statement which has witness signature on it.

I'm currently in Canada with work permit status, I need to apply for PR for myself, spouse and my stepson.

I cannot leave my child in India and take my wife to Canada, there will be no one to take care of him.

What type of documents I need to gather to bring my step son to Canada under IRCC visa?

Please give me advice regarding this issue.

Greatly appreciate your response.

Regards
Mujahid, from India