+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Child details in ExpressEntry, Divorced

deba

Mar 16, 2013
Hi,

I am "legally separated" from my wife and undergoing divorce. Child custody is going to be with my wife. Also, I dont plan to apply/ bring my child to Canada.

In ExpressEntry application, if I mention Yes to "Do you have children?", then I need to provide Medical for my child, which will be difficult as my wife wont allow. Please suggest, if I should mention No to the question and not give any details about my child?

Let me know your suggestions/ expert guidance.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
deba said:
Hi,

I am "legally separated" from my wife and undergoing divorce. Child custody is going to be with my wife. Also, I dont plan to apply/ bring my child to Canada.

In ExpressEntry application, if I mention Yes to "Do you have children?", then I need to provide Medical for my child, which will be difficult as my wife wont allow. Please suggest, if I should mention No to the question and not give any details about my child?

Let me know your suggestions/ expert guidance.
Answering NO will be misrepresentation that can get you barred from entering Canada for up to 5 years. You will have to be truthful. Try and reason it out with your spouse - that will be easier than reasoning out with a Case Officer sitting remotely in Canada.

All the best!

deba

Mar 16, 2013
THanks Asivad.

Even I agree with you regarding the point of misinterpretation and giving wrong details to CIC.
I know wife wont agree and she may delay/ jeopardise this whole application process.

Any other option that you think will be suitable apart from below -
1) giving child details, but not giving child medical. Medical is marked mandatory but I provide self signed declaration/ some reasoning to CIC instead of medical?
2) mention "No" under "Do you have children" but I mention about my child under "Family" section - This includes any parent, any spouse or common-law partner, any child including adult children, and any brothers or sisters.

I feel 2nd option would be more reliable and is safe? What are your thoughts about pros and cons?
Is it possible to send query to CIC and get some clarity in this regard? Do they respond to case specific queries through emails?

Jun 21, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
deba said:
THanks Asivad.

Even I agree with you regarding the point of misinterpretation and giving wrong details to CIC.
I know wife wont agree and she may delay/ jeopardise this whole application process.

1) giving child details, but not giving child medical. Medical is marked mandatory but I provide self signed declaration/ some reasoning to CIC instead of medical?
2) mention "No" under "Do you have children" but I mention about my child under "Family" section - This includes any parent, any spouse or common-law partner, any child including adult children, and any brothers or sisters.

I feel 2nd option would be more reliable and is safe? What are your thoughts about pros and cons?
Is it possible to send query to CIC and get some clarity in this regard? Do they respond to case specific queries through emails?
If you want to go with option 2, I suggest you talk to some decent Immigration lawyer.

deba

Mar 16, 2013
Any good lawyer whom I can contact over phone?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
deba said:
Any good lawyer whom I can contact over phone?
You can try but expect no response. People with ITA find it difficult to get queries answered promptly. And in this case, it is a straightforward response. You've no choice but to tell the truth. The only hitch is medicals. For that you can send in a letter of explanation after submitting all documents post ITA and hope the VO will consider your case sympathetically.

All the best!

Anya654

May 13, 2015
United Kingdom
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
deba said:
THanks Asivad.

Unfortunately either option may get you refused as you do need to provide your child's medicals, accompanying you or not. The link below is of someone on this forum whose application was refused eventhough he had no custody of his child. My suggestion would be to reason with the mother and provide your child's medical.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t308150.0.html

deba

Mar 16, 2013
Hi All,
Finally, i was able to get through my application, and got confirmation from CIC.
I would be happy to help anyone who is/ been in similar situation as mine. You may want to message me, incase I am not monitoring the page.

Thanks to everyone, for replies and support.

Haytham1984

Sep 16, 2017
Hi All,
Finally, i was able to get through my application, and got confirmation from CIC.
I would be happy to help anyone who is/ been in similar situation as mine. You may want to message me, incase I am not monitoring the page.

Hi sir , I am very happy that I found one suffrisuf from my situation, hope to help me.
I have the same problem , I am creating a my EE , and I have good CRS but can not create the profile untill I know what to do..
I am divorced and have one child who live with her mother. It will be Impossible to take my child for medical examination.
What should I do , in the EE questions about family , count my child which i can get her to the medical , my wife will refuse. Or later trying to convince the case officer.
Waiting for Ur answer urgently
My WhatsApp
+201006723384

Vikas Bhalla

May 1, 2020
Hi All,

Hey... Could you please tell us if you got the medical of your child ? How did u manage to get the PR?

deba

Mar 16, 2013
Hi All,

Hey, just logged back into this account and I see so many messages! For some reason, i don't get any alert/ notification when you guys post on this thread... Please feel free to send me personal or direct message using "Start Conversation", which sends a notification to my mailbox and I will be happy to help you all.

I was able to help few others who directly messaged me over past 2-3 yrs, and happy to see them getting their PR and settling in Canada!!

Adamnor

Jun 28, 2023
Hey, just logged back into this account and I see so many messages! For some reason, i don't get any alert/ notification when you guys post on this thread... Please feel free to send me personal or direct message using "Start Conversation", which sends a notification to my mailbox and I will be happy to help you all.

I was able to help few others who directly messaged me over past 2-3 yrs, and happy to see them getting their PR and settling in Canada!!
please, can u help me. iam in the same boat i sent u a msg over the conversation
what did u do with ur application