+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post e-APR Process and Common Reasons for Rejection

Dev1603

Sep 25, 2017
Part 1 of 2: Post e-APR Process

Step 1: Completeness Test as per Regulation 10

Immigration Officer will assure that your file is complete as defined under the Regulation 10 of IRCC Act. If your file includes all details and documents required then it will be sent for Assessment.

Step 2: Assessment for Eligibility and Admissibility

This process sometimes called as A11 (For Eligibility) and A16 (For Admissibility on Medical Ground).

A11 will take some time, however; A16 will be completed within 2-3 days after your file is in Assessment Stage.

A11 (Eligibility Test)

Minimum Entry Requirement (R75)

Verification will be conducted on each of the Six Eligibility Factors (R78-83). This will only focus on assuring that the candidate attained at least 67 out of 100 points and Minimum Score needed at the time ITA was issued. Misrepresentation or Fraud check is carried later on during A40.

Education (R78)

ECA Report and Educational Documents are verified until the officer is satisfied to pass R78.

Language (R79)

Language Score is recalculated using IELTS Scores and Verification is done online using your Test Report Form Number. Once verified R79 is passed.

Work Experience (R80)

Verify Scores calculated and Work Experience Letters. Calculate Similarity of NOC Scores and verify documents. Officer will usually check email, fax, contact, website (if any), and address is written on Letterheads to verify if company physically exists and registered at the address provided. If Satisfied will pass R80.

Age (R81)

Verify the age against the official Personal Documents. Will pass R81 once satisfied.

Arranged Employment – if applicable (R82)

If applicable, will verify any job offers or call employer in Canada. Will Pass R82 after verifying offer from Employer.

Adaptability – if applicable (R83)

Verify each of the adaptability Factor and Points Claimed. Will Pass R83 after every factor is verified.

In addition, Officer will verify the Settlement Funds (R76) to ensure sufficient Funds are available. Once Satisfied will pass R76.

Although, at this stage, eligibility Test is completed your account may not be updated at this stage. Immigration Officer will approve your file and send it for A40 Test and if passed will approve your file as eligible.

A16 (Admissibility on Medical Ground)

At this stage, you will be requested for Medical Certificate or else your Upfront Medical Report will be obtained from your Panel and conclusion will be made on Health concerns.

Applications may be rejected if Health of a Person can impose a threat to Canadians health or will be expensive to treat under Public Health. This includes any health concerns with Children or anyone accompanying with the principal applicant. Good Panelist will inform you the same day regarding your X-Ray and other tests results except for Blood Test, which they usually inform within 2-3 working days if you have any health problem. Therefore, it is better to wait 2-3 working days after Upfront Medical before you apply with IRCC.

Once verified officer will pass and update your file. A11 and A16 Test are started together, however, A11 will take much more time to verify documents.

Criminal Record Verification

After A16 is passed, your first Background Check will be performed and your file will be updated. The status will change from Not Applicable to either In Progress (also referred as IP1) or Next step is to conduct Background Check (also referred as NBGC or IP1).

In this Stage, your Police certificates will be verified and assured that they meet the criteria’s of IRCC as well. In addition, they will send requests to all countries you have visited and obtain clearance from them. If these countries are quick to respond, then your file will move to Not Applicable again in few weeks’ time.

Step 3: Assessment for Misrepresentation and Fraud (A40)

This stage will start once both the A11 and A16 including Criminal Verification is completed. In this stage, your file status will change from Not Applicable to In Progress (also referred as IP2) and will be the final stage before PPR. At this stage, you may be required to take Interview or other checks may be performed. Once A40 is passed, you will receive PPR and you will be required to send Passport to your Visa Office for Stamping and receiving CoPR.

This is the general guide for understanding process only however in reality each candidate and stream may see a different kind of trends.

Reactions: lino82

Dev1603

Sep 25, 2017
Part 1 of 2: Post e-APR Process

Step 1: Completeness Test as per Regulation 10

Immigration Officer will assure that your file is complete as defined under the Regulation 10 of IRCC Act. If your file includes all details and documents required then it will be sent for Assessment.

Step 2: Assessment for Eligibility and Admissibility

This process sometimes called as A11 (For Eligibility) and A16 (For Admissibility on Medical Ground).

A11 will take some time, however; A16 will be completed within 2-3 days after your file is in Assessment Stage.

A11 (Eligibility Test)

Minimum Entry Requirement (R75)

Verification will be conducted on each of the Six Eligibility Factors (R78-83). This will only focus on assuring that the candidate attained at least 67 out of 100 points and Minimum Score needed at the time ITA was issued. Misrepresentation or Fraud check is carried later on during A40.

Education (R78)

ECA Report and Educational Documents are verified until the officer is satisfied to pass R78.

Language (R79)

Language Score is recalculated using IELTS Scores and Verification is done online using your Test Report Form Number. Once verified R79 is passed.

Work Experience (R80)

Verify Scores calculated and Work Experience Letters. Calculate Similarity of NOC Scores and verify documents. Officer will usually check email, fax, contact, website (if any), and address is written on Letterheads to verify if company physically exists and registered at the address provided. If Satisfied will pass R80.

Age (R81)

Verify the age against the official Personal Documents. Will pass R81 once satisfied.

Arranged Employment – if applicable (R82)

If applicable, will verify any job offers or call employer in Canada. Will Pass R82 after verifying offer from Employer.

Adaptability – if applicable (R83)

Verify each of the adaptability Factor and Points Claimed. Will Pass R83 after every factor is verified.

In addition, Officer will verify the Settlement Funds (R76) to ensure sufficient Funds are available. Once Satisfied will pass R76.

Although, at this stage, eligibility Test is completed your account may not be updated at this stage. Immigration Officer will approve your file and send it for A40 Test and if passed will approve your file as eligible.

A16 (Admissibility on Medical Ground)

At this stage, you will be requested for Medical Certificate or else your Upfront Medical Report will be obtained from your Panel and conclusion will be made on Health concerns.

Applications may be rejected if Health of a Person can impose a threat to Canadians health or will be expensive to treat under Public Health. This includes any health concerns with Children or anyone accompanying with the principal applicant. Good Panelist will inform you the same day regarding your X-Ray and other tests results except for Blood Test, which they usually inform within 2-3 working days if you have any health problem. Therefore, it is better to wait 2-3 working days after Upfront Medical before you apply with IRCC.

Once verified officer will pass and update your file. A11 and A16 Test are started together, however, A11 will take much more time to verify documents.

Criminal Record Verification

After A16 is passed, your first Background Check will be performed and your file will be updated. The status will change from Not Applicable to either In Progress (also referred as IP1) or Next step is to conduct Background Check (also referred as NBGC or IP1).

In this Stage, your Police certificates will be verified and assured that they meet the criteria’s of IRCC as well. In addition, they will send requests to all countries you have visited and obtain clearance from them. If these countries are quick to respond, then your file will move to Not Applicable again in few weeks’ time.

Step 3: Assessment for Misrepresentation and Fraud (A40)

This stage will start once both the A11 and A16 including Criminal Verification is completed. In this stage, your file status will change from Not Applicable to In Progress (also referred as IP2) and will be the final stage before PPR. At this stage, you may be required to take Interview or other checks may be performed. Once A40 is passed, you will receive PPR and you will be required to send Passport to your Visa Office for Stamping and receiving CoPR.

This is the general guide for understanding process only however in reality each candidate and stream may see a different kind of trends.

Hello sir please help me out from this situation,

I have received my hard copy of Confirmation of Nomination from Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program, on 9th September 2017 and the same was generated on 29th August 2017. Only when I received my Confirmation of Nomination hard copy from Ontario, I got to know that my Name of Occupation and NOC code has been marked as 2171(Information systems analysts and consultants), whereas the code or which I applied was1212 (Supervisors, finance and insurance office workers). My NOC code in CIC account and Ontario ONe-key is 1212 i.e. Account Payable Supervisor and the all the work experience related document submitted by me are in line with my job responsibility as Accounts Payable Supervisor. I have received my ITA from CIC on 7th September 2017 and accepted it.

by mentioning the above content i have drafted a mail to Ontario (ontarionominee@ontario.ca)
After couple of days i received a reply as below,

Thank you for your email correspondence to the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) mailbox.

Your Nomination Certificate cannot be amended after the nomination certificate has been issued. You must inform Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) when you submit your application for permanent residence (APR) or when your APR is in process if there are any changes to your situation.
We hope this information will assist you. Once again, thank you for your email and for your interest in the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program.

Remmy987

Jul 4, 2017
Having a stamp is a good option however signature will also work. Also, ensure that if you are not having stamp then your Letterhead should clearly mention address and contact information of the company.

For Provincial Nominee you just need to attach a Nomination Certificate you received from the Province. Other forms are Sch A and Travel History but they are only required if you haven't included all of these details during application.

I hope this will help.
Thanks for the reply and God bless....

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
Hello sir please help me out from this situation,

I have received my hard copy of Confirmation of Nomination from Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program, on 9th September 2017 and the same was generated on 29th August 2017. Only when I received my Confirmation of Nomination hard copy from Ontario, I got to know that my Name of Occupation and NOC code has been marked as 2171(Information systems analysts and consultants), whereas the code or which I applied was1212 (Supervisors, finance and insurance office workers). My NOC code in CIC account and Ontario ONe-key is 1212 i.e. Account Payable Supervisor and the all the work experience related document submitted by me are in line with my job responsibility as Accounts Payable Supervisor. I have received my ITA from CIC on 7th September 2017 and accepted it.

by mentioning the above content i have drafted a mail to Ontario (ontarionominee@ontario.ca)
After couple of days i received a reply as below,

Thank you for your email correspondence to the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) mailbox.

Your Nomination Certificate cannot be amended after the nomination certificate has been issued. You must inform Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) when you submit your application for permanent residence (APR) or when your APR is in process if there are any changes to your situation.
We hope this information will assist you. Once again, thank you for your email and for your interest in the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program.
Write an LOE during E-APR and attach this email to OINP as an evidence that you informed them. It will not be a misrepresentation.

I hope this will help. Good Luck.

lino82

Apr 12, 2017
NOC Code......
Hi Bill,
I'm a resident of India having lived in Qatar in past and submitted pcc for same.
AOR : 20th Sept
now I'm joining back in Qatar on 1st of october...should I raise the CSE to update on my travel before the travel date or wait till I have my new address and contact details...?
Please advise...

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
Hi Bill,
I'm a resident of India having lived in Qatar in past and submitted pcc for same.
AOR : 20th Sept
now I'm joining back in Qatar on 1st of october...should I raise the CSE to update on my travel before the travel date or wait till I have my new address and contact details...?
Please advise...
Both options are fine. However, you will still need to update your details once received, so you may opt to raise CSE once you arrive or have new details with you. Good Luck.

Carly44

May 28, 2017
Both options are fine. However, you will still need to update your details once received, so you may opt to raise CSE once you arrive or have new details with you. Good Luck.
Hi Bill. Do you know roughly how long securiry screening takes?

Rocky83

Star Member
Sep 10, 2017
1. Regarding proof of funds, as my spouse is the primary applicant, can i provide my account statements as well validating the minimum required for settlement purposes or should i transfer some amount to my spouse's account and hold it there till we get a decision. Would a normal bank transfer be sufficient ?

2. Banks here are not ready to provide a reference letter stating no credit cards or loans outstanding. If there is a loan outstanding, would a document from the bank stating outstanding amount be enough ? Banks are suggesting to purchase a credit score report which would not be on bank letterhead but a third party agency which maintains this information.

3. Also, if you have a valid job offer, does CIC enquire with the company validating the details or just skims through the letter ? The job offered to my spouse is temporary, need-based on assignment and does not mention the word "permanent" though its valid for 2 years. Will this impact our application in any way?

Please assist Bill as i went thru the link on valid job offer you provided, hence re-confirming point 3 to check any misunderstandings

Rocky83

Star Member
Sep 10, 2017
My company is asking to whom should the reference letter be addressed as they do not accept "To whom it may concern" ?

Can anyone please share the complete address ?

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
1. Regarding proof of funds, as my spouse is the primary applicant, can i provide my account statements as well validating the minimum required for settlement purposes or should i transfer some amount to my spouse's account and hold it there till we get a decision. Would a normal bank transfer be sufficient ?

2. Banks here are not ready to provide a reference letter stating no credit cards or loans outstanding. If there is a loan outstanding, would a document from the bank stating outstanding amount be enough ? Banks are suggesting to purchase a credit score report which would not be on bank letterhead but a third party agency which maintains this information.

3. Also, if you have a valid job offer, does CIC enquire with the company validating the details or just skims through the letter ? The job offered to my spouse is temporary, need-based on assignment and does not mention the word "permanent" though its valid for 2 years. Will this impact our application in any way?

Please assist Bill as i went thru the link on valid job offer you provided, hence re-confirming point 3 to check any misunderstandings
1. You don't need to transfer your money to your spouse's account if you're accompanying him/her. You can just write a letter saying that you are aware that your money is being shown as proof of funds and you're giving consent to use it as settlement funds when you land in Canada.

2. I had the same problem with my bank - they refused to issue me a letter so I attached 6 months of bank statements that contained all the details IRCC asks for: account details, address and contact details of bank etc (look on the IRCC website for the complete list).

I also included my latest credit card bill to show that I had no outstanding debts.

I've no information to share about your third question. Hopefully, Bill or some other expert will help you there.

Good luck.

Rocky83

Star Member
Sep 10, 2017
1. Also, if you have a valid job offer, does CIC enquire with the company validating the details or just skims through the letter ? The job offered to my spouse is temporary, need-based on assignment and does not mention the word "permanent" though its valid for 2 years. Will this impact our application in any way?

Bill, can you please share your thoughts ?