+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post e-APR Process and Common Reasons for Rejection

spike2

Star Member
Aug 18, 2017
@BillHyatt
she has a joint bank account wth her husband ... will thatwork ?that's d only thing she has... cell phone also in husband's name....

plz advice
many thanks

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
You need her PR Card Copy and one proof of Residence that can be even address of her husband along with their marriage certificate or else joint account statement will also work.

You can also explain this in LOE.

I hope this will help.

Reactions: Eddie lambardo

spike2

Star Member
Aug 18, 2017
You need her PR Card Copy and one proof of Residence that can be even address of her husband along with their marriage certificate or else joint account statement will also work.

You can also explain this in LOE.

I hope this will help.

many many thanks for your reply....

Rocky83

Star Member
Sep 10, 2017
Sorry I don't have much idea about this issue. I hope someone from INDIA might be able to help you.
In the PCC that i have received in India, only the below statement is made in a single line
"This is to certify that no adverse information regarding criminal records is identified against Mr X and he is cleared for travel purposes and visa for Canada".

Bill, could you please advise if the above is sufficient ?

Rocky83

Star Member
Sep 10, 2017
Hello, I am a newbie to the forum and request guidance on the below queries.
My spouse is the primary applicant and she has received an ITA last month. We are now in the process of getting the supporting documents ready for upload.

1. Regarding work experience, my spouse has secured a work permit from her current employer and has a job offer letter which is valid for 2 years till June 2019. However she is currently not working in Canada and is continuing her employment from the country of residence.. She has received a deputation letter which says her period of employment in Canada is for 2 years till June 2019 which was again used to get the work permit.

Can this job offer letter stating details like reporting manager, job location, pay, working hours along with deputation letter be used as an evidence of a valid job offer for PR visa ?

2. In her EE profile, the section on intended work in Canada requests details on a positive LMIA, LMIA issue and expiry dates. However the job offered to her in Canada does not require LMIA. She has an LMIA exempt number. Can this LMIA exempt number be mentioned in place of positive LMIA number with issue and expiry dates mentioned on work pemit ?

3. On entering the LMIA exempt number which is alphanumeric in LMIA number field in the PR application, it does not accept. So I have removed the alphabet and mentioned the rest. Its now a seven digit number. Please advise if this is fine.

Bill or any experienced seniors in a similar situation who have got the PR, please assist.

ahmed.saeed

Jun 6, 2017
Hi guys,

Question about the LETTER OF EXPLANATION TAB, is it just one file and it supposed to include all the topics with maximum size 4 MB, or I have to add more than one letter of explanation depending on the topics and each one has the 4 MB size limit.

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Hi guys,

Question about the LETTER OF EXPLANATION TAB, is it just one file and it supposed to include all the topics with maximum size 4 MB, or I have to add more than one letter of explanation depending on the topics and each one has the 4 MB size limit.
You can only upload one document that has to be 4MB or less. Some people approach it by writing just one letter addressing all the topics they want to clarify, and some people write a letter for each topic then upload all the letters in one file together.

Reactions: ahmed.saeed

lino82

Apr 12, 2017
NOC Code......
Part 1 of 2: Post e-APR Process

Step 1: Completeness Test as per Regulation 10

Immigration Officer will assure that your file is complete as defined under the Regulation 10 of IRCC Act. If your file includes all details and documents required then it will be sent for Assessment.

Step 2: Assessment for Eligibility and Admissibility

This process sometimes called as A11 (For Eligibility) and A16 (For Admissibility on Medical Ground).

A11 will take some time, however; A16 will be completed within 2-3 days after your file is in Assessment Stage.

A11 (Eligibility Test)

Minimum Entry Requirement (R75)

Verification will be conducted on each of the Six Eligibility Factors (R78-83). This will only focus on assuring that the candidate attained at least 67 out of 100 points and Minimum Score needed at the time ITA was issued. Misrepresentation or Fraud check is carried later on during A40.

Education (R78)

ECA Report and Educational Documents are verified until the officer is satisfied to pass R78.

Language (R79)

Language Score is recalculated using IELTS Scores and Verification is done online using your Test Report Form Number. Once verified R79 is passed.

Work Experience (R80)

Verify Scores calculated and Work Experience Letters. Calculate Similarity of NOC Scores and verify documents. Officer will usually check email, fax, contact, website (if any), and address is written on Letterheads to verify if company physically exists and registered at the address provided. If Satisfied will pass R80.

Age (R81)

Verify the age against the official Personal Documents. Will pass R81 once satisfied.

Arranged Employment – if applicable (R82)

If applicable, will verify any job offers or call employer in Canada. Will Pass R82 after verifying offer from Employer.

Adaptability – if applicable (R83)

Verify each of the adaptability Factor and Points Claimed. Will Pass R83 after every factor is verified.

In addition, Officer will verify the Settlement Funds (R76) to ensure sufficient Funds are available. Once Satisfied will pass R76.

Although, at this stage, eligibility Test is completed your account may not be updated at this stage. Immigration Officer will approve your file and send it for A40 Test and if passed will approve your file as eligible.

A16 (Admissibility on Medical Ground)

At this stage, you will be requested for Medical Certificate or else your Upfront Medical Report will be obtained from your Panel and conclusion will be made on Health concerns.

Applications may be rejected if Health of a Person can impose a threat to Canadians health or will be expensive to treat under Public Health. This includes any health concerns with Children or anyone accompanying with the principal applicant. Good Panelist will inform you the same day regarding your X-Ray and other tests results except for Blood Test, which they usually inform within 2-3 working days if you have any health problem. Therefore, it is better to wait 2-3 working days after Upfront Medical before you apply with IRCC.

Once verified officer will pass and update your file. A11 and A16 Test are started together, however, A11 will take much more time to verify documents.

Criminal Record Verification

After A16 is passed, your first Background Check will be performed and your file will be updated. The status will change from Not Applicable to either In Progress (also referred as IP1) or Next step is to conduct Background Check (also referred as NBGC or IP1).

In this Stage, your Police certificates will be verified and assured that they meet the criteria’s of IRCC as well. In addition, they will send requests to all countries you have visited and obtain clearance from them. If these countries are quick to respond, then your file will move to Not Applicable again in few weeks’ time.

Step 3: Assessment for Misrepresentation and Fraud (A40)

This stage will start once both the A11 and A16 including Criminal Verification is completed. In this stage, your file status will change from Not Applicable to In Progress (also referred as IP2) and will be the final stage before PPR. At this stage, you may be required to take Interview or other checks may be performed. Once A40 is passed, you will receive PPR and you will be required to send Passport to your Visa Office for Stamping and receiving CoPR.

This is the general guide for understanding process only however in reality each candidate and stream may see a different kind of trends.

Reactions: aahaanbajaj

itishnitsa

Star Member
Aug 1, 2017
NOC Code......
For WES report, did you guys scan just the report pages that state equivalent degree, or the cover letter page that came with it as well?

Rocky83

Star Member
Sep 10, 2017
Hello All,request guidance on the below queries.
My spouse is the primary applicant and she has received an ITA last month. We are now in the process of getting the supporting documents ready for upload.

1. Regarding work experience, my spouse has secured a work permit from her current employer and has a job offer letter which is valid for 2 years till June 2019. However she is currently not working in Canada and is continuing her employment from the country of residence.. She has received a deputation letter which says her period of employment in Canada is for 2 years till June 2019 which was again used to get the work permit.

Can this job offer letter stating details like reporting manager, job location, pay, working hours along with deputation letter be used as an evidence of a valid job offer for PR visa ?

2. In her EE profile, the section on intended work in Canada requests details on a positive LMIA, LMIA issue and expiry dates. However the job offered to her in Canada does not require LMIA. She has an LMIA exempt number. Can this LMIA exempt number be mentioned in place of positive LMIA number with issue and expiry dates mentioned on work pemit ?

3. On entering the LMIA exempt number which is alphanumeric in LMIA number field in the PR application, it does not accept. So I have removed the alphabet and mentioned the rest. Its now a seven digit number. Please advise if this is fine.

Bill or any experienced seniors in a similar situation who have got the PR, please assist.

itishnitsa

Star Member
Aug 1, 2017
NOC Code......
For the Education History, both I and my husband attended at least 2 and in some cases more Universities and Colleges to complete our degree. For WES, we only had to submit the Transcripts from the Universities were the degree was awarded. Do I put just the Universities that issued degrees in the Educational History section and all others under Personal History, or should I list all Universities under Educational History?
If I list only Universities that awarded the degree, how do I answer Complete/full academic years? So, if I studied at one university for 1 year, and then transferred to another University where I studied for 3 years and received the degree that is considered a 4 year program, would I put 3 or 4?

bjar

Aug 6, 2017
Cebu, Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
23-09-2017
IELTS Request
25-05-2017
Med's Done....
22-08-2017
Passport Req..
20-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
Please help me out. I resigned from my job July last year to focus on my family's business. February this year, I had decided to apply as immigrant in canada. After finding a consultant to help me in the process, i took ielts and had my credentials assessed by wes. I created a profile on july and luckily got an ita last august 9. I am currently complying all documents, reference letter from my previous employer included. My question is how do i fill the gap between last year until now. Do i have to say unemployed? Any suggestions from you guys? Thanks in advance.

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
In the PCC that i have received in India, only the below statement is made in a single line
"This is to certify that no adverse information regarding criminal records is identified against Mr X and he is cleared for travel purposes and visa for Canada".

Bill, could you please advise if the above is sufficient?
I am not aware of the format in India however for me it's sufficient. Here in the UK they only write No Trace.

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
Please help me out. I resigned from my job July last year to focus on my family's business. February this year, I had decided to apply as immigrant in canada. After finding a consultant to help me in the process, i took ielts and had my credentials assessed by wes. I created a profile on july and luckily got an ita last august 9. I am currently complying all documents, reference letter from my previous employer included. My question is how do i fill the gap between last year until now. Do i have to say unemployed? Any suggestions from you guys? Thanks in advance.
Yes, write unemployed.

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
For WES report, did you guys scan just the report pages that state equivalent degree, or the cover letter page that came with it as well?
i scanned everything, it's only one extra page