+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post e-APR Process and Common Reasons for Rejection

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
They are well ahead of their current targets and wants to clear backlogs by the end of September and October.

CIC is trying to conduct draws every 2 weeks with low ITAs and faster processing times.

I think they will increase PNP application processing speed instead of ITAs however we will see future draws before predicting future.
Thanks. Do you expect the ITAs to hold at this level or fall further?

cowbeepbeep

Aug 23, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
14-09-2017
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
16-11-2017
I got my ITA today. woo hoo. I started filling out the application, and there is so much info to include. I have a question about how to answer the following questions:
1. Has the applicant been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?
2. Has the applicant ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?:
I was denied H1-B visa in the US many years ago. Should I answer Yes or No to the above? And if I answer Yes, do I have to provide some sort of proof? It was 15 years ago, so I naturally have not saved any docs related to that.
Given your facts, I think the answer is definitely yes. You can explain the situation in a Letter of Explanation.

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
ITA's will fluctuate as CIC is currently targeting top 5% of the applicants only.
It seems they've gone below 5% in this draw. The ITAs issued were 4.7% of the overall applicants in the EE pool as of 30-Aug (this is the lowest its been at least since Apr). The previous 3 draws took in 5.7%, 5.2% and 5.3% respectively. (of'course, we don't know the pool as it stood on the day of the draw - that's not disclosed - but this is still indicative).

Reactions: BillHyatt

maplewinn

Star Member
Jan 23, 2017
Hello all,

Please my employer insists on an address for the reference letter. Do you know what this is or how I should write this?

Also, please are we to also order a copy of WES docs @ this phase for ITA? I did this when I applied for OINP (as default) but that's been a while.

Thanks in advance - for responding!

Remmy987

Jul 4, 2017
Hello everyone , i received an invitation today but i am worried because my partner passport will expire in February 2018,i already booked an appointment to renew it. Is it advisable to submit the application with my current passport and later raise CSE when i receive the new or i should wait and use the new one. @BillHyatt ur contribution will be highly appreciate. Regards

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
Hello everyone , i received an invitation today but i am worried because my partner passport will expire in February 2018,i already booked an appointment to renew it. Is it advisable to submit the application with my current passport and later raise CSE when i receive the new or i should wait and use the new one. @BillHyatt ur contribution will be highly appreciate. Regards
It is your choice however it is fine if you want to apply now and send passport later on.

I hope this will help.

itishnitsa

Star Member
Aug 1, 2017
NOC Code......
A question regarding the personal history question. It's the only section that has only year and month, and no dates. If there was a short period between jobs that fell on the same month, should I call it out? Seems excessive, but I don't want something this silly to derail the application.

itishnitsa

Star Member
Aug 1, 2017
NOC Code......
@BillHyatt , I am hoping you can give me advice on work history. Keeping in mind that maximum amount of points is awarded for just 3 years of experience. If one were to submit more work history then that, but some of the evidence is not ideal (peer reference letter instead of HR leter, etc). Will the case officer look for 3 years of experience with acceptable evidence among submitted and discard the rest, or is there a chance of getting denied if there is no sufficient evidence for all listed jobs?

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
@BillHyatt , I am hoping you can give me advice on work history. Keeping in mind that maximum amount of points is awarded for just 3 years of experience. If one were to submit more work history then that, but some of the evidence is not ideal (peer reference letter instead of HR leter, etc). Will the case officer look for 3 years of experience with acceptable evidence among submitted and discard the rest, or is there a chance of getting denied if there is no sufficient evidence for all listed jobs?
Best approach is to put work experience with evidence under work history and all others under personal history. You will not be required to present evidence for work history under personal history.

For other short period jobs you should put them under personal history even if they are for few days.

I hope this will help.

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
If it's for a few days no need, if longer, mark it as unemployed
A question regarding the personal history question. It's the only section that has only year and month, and no dates. If there was a short period between jobs that fell on the same month, should I call it out? Seems excessive, but I don't want something this silly to derail the application.

spike2

Star Member
Aug 18, 2017
hi bill need your help

I am claiming points for sibling as my sister is living in Canada. I have address proof documents ( utility bill & phone bill ) but both are in the name of her husband, would like to know whether they will work as address proof in Canada ?

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
hi bill need your help

I am claiming points for sibling as my sister is living in Canada. I have address proof documents ( utility bill & phone bill ) but both are in the name of her husband, would like to know whether they will work as address proof in Canada ?
You may need to attach a marriage certificate as proof of her and the husband's relationship but even that is iffy because a lot of PR couples don't necessarily live together in the first few years (one sometimes stays behind in the home country to sort things out for example)... do you have anything else you can use for her? What about recent bank statements with her name and address on them? Or a recent cell phone bill with her name and address on them?