N/A
AOR Received.
PER: Jan 21, 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with App
File Transfer...
Unknown
Med's Request
Mar 13, 2015 (MR, FBI PCC [app sent to FBI 3/17] and RPRF)
Med's Done....
completed Mar. 23rd, 2015. ECAS 3rd line updated April 3rd.
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
August 08, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 13, 2015
LANDED..........
Feb 23, 2016
They can. It's called being a scab i.e., workers that cross the picket line. They will receive their normal full salary. PSAC claims that members who cross the picket line could face fines and suspension of membership privileges. In reality, this is not enforceable (only in Sasketewchan I believe).
Maybe the workers are not aware of the actual consequences? If, indeed, they were, many would actually cross the line to work? Most of them seem totally fed up with this BS as well!

Reactions: irinaaas11

Sheru86

Star Member
Sep 22, 2022
Maybe the workers are not aware of the actual consequences? If, indeed, they were, many would actually cross the line to work? Most of them seem totally fed up with this BS as well!
Oh they are aware. But there is a very negative outlook towards scabbing. They get isolated by their peers later on (if colleagues come to know of this). So many would try to avoid it as much as they can. However, if the strike doesn't end in a few days, most will have to return to work at least partially.

penguin123

Star Member
May 12, 2017
Looked through the photos on Twitter. Are those the people who are processing our applications? :) Hope this strike ends soon...

What's wrong with these costumes? Would prefer seeing these things on the news rather than another day another mass shooting in the US.

Reactions: Ranash

anksyahoo

May 4, 2020
Read it on CTV:

If you have been impacted by the PSAC strike, CTVNews.ca wants to hear from you. What service disruptions or delays are you currently facing? What impact is this having on you and your family? Have you determined what you will do if services aren’t restored in the near future?
Share your story by emailing us at dotcom@bellmedia.ca with your name, location and phone number in case we want to follow up. Your comments may be used in a CTVNews.ca story.

ND20230427

Apr 26, 2023
Hi everyone,
My ceremony is supposed to be tomorrow - Apr 27th. It appeared that I should receive the instructions on how to join but have received nothing.

I’ve sent some emails to the IRCC email addresses I found but kept receiving auto replies. Planning to call them tomorrow.

Do you have a number / email address I should use? (I followed an advice on this forum and used the email address that sent me the citizenship link, but got a reply that they’d not respond).

Thanks!!

• Haha
Reactions: oboyzee

irinaaas11

Star Member
Aug 1, 2019
Hi everyone,
My ceremony is supposed to be tomorrow - Apr 27th. It appeared that I should receive the instructions on how to join but have received nothing.

I’ve sent some emails to the IRCC email addresses I found but kept receiving auto replies. Planning to call them tomorrow.

Do you have a number / email address I should use? (I followed an advice on this forum and used the email address that sent me the citizenship link, but got a reply that they’d not respond).

Thanks!!
Awe, you must be new here! :) Welcome to the PSAC pain and suffering club!
If you have the time to read previous posts, you will see that all ceremonies are canceled due to the strike, meaning that if you call IRCC (good luck speaking to someone though), they won't be able to tell you anything anyway.
People that have received the notice to appear previously got an email informing them of the cancelations. If you didn't receive it, it means you won't get any notification whatsoever about the ceremony not happening. And this sums it up.

• Haha
Reactions: Cece450 and oboyzee

ND20230427

Apr 26, 2023
Awe, you must be new here! :) Welcome to the PSAC pain and suffering club!
If you have the time to read previous posts, you will see that all ceremonies are canceled due to the strike, meaning that if you call IRCC (good luck speaking to someone though), they won't be able to tell you anything anyway.
People that have received the notice to appear previously got an email informing them of the cancelations. If you didn't receive it, it means you won't get any notification whatsoever about the ceremony not happening. And this sums it up.
Thank you for taking the time to respond :)
That’s disappointing. But oh well I’ll keep waiting. Good luck to all of us who are in this process!