+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Possible Strike Action by IRCC employees starting mid-April

koiwa528

Aug 12, 2015
Good luck to you. Mine is scheduled for tomorrow even though I didnt get any email, I know its not going to happen.
I am feeling so compassionate about the applicants whose ceremonies are scheduled recently.

That's really unfair for us to be forced to play the boring game with them

Reactions: sumeet169

Missionquebec

Nov 18, 2014
It seems public started to show no support for the strike and criticize fed workers. Some says Fed workers dedicated their professional life for service so we should not criticize. Sure, we don’t if they don’t waste our tax money. They want work from home even half of them don’t work from work. We are not here to read update of the Union but critically think whether they deserve pay hike or not, after all, it is our tax money. IRCC workers not even do their job for the pay they get but they need hike, omg..sleep on the files again for 42 months but this time the reason is “ strike delay” in addition to “ Covid delay”

Ranash

Star Member
Jun 26, 2019
I believe the government doesn’t want to give them whatever they ask easily, otherwise there will be strikes every while, they want them to lose a lot of the their saving to make them think twice before going to strike again, it’s just my thoughts

Reactions: Smsm73

Missionquebec

Nov 18, 2014
I believe the government doesn’t want to give them whatever they ask easily, otherwise there will be strikes every while, they want them to lose a lot of the their saving to make them think twice before going to strike again, it’s just my thoughts
Government is trying to play a role that they care of tax payer money. Personally, I want the government drag this strike another 2 weeks to drain the Union strike fund then they feel the heat. We lost our time so I don’t want this disgraceful fed workers do the same thing to future applicants. I support not to accept Union demands and let them strike as long as they want. Let’s see how these workers pay their bills. Why they give 75$ for all, no seniority here? Ohh, they are Union so they can do whatever they want.. they have no idea how much they are playing with applicants life, irritating to see when they say public support their strike. BS
They're not public servants. They're self-servants.

sumeet169

Jul 27, 2018
Government is trying to play a role that they care of tax payer money. Personally, I want the government drag this strike another 2 weeks to drain the Union strike fund then they feel the heat. We lost our time so I don’t want this disgraceful fed workers do the same thing to future applicants. I support not to accept Union demands and let them strike as long as they want. Let’s see how these workers pay their bills. Why they give 75$ for all, no seniority here? Ohh, they are Union so they can do whatever they want.. they have no idea how much they are playing with applicants life, irritating to see when they say public support their strike. BS
They're not public servants. They're self-servants.
I really wanted the govt to present a "take it or leave it bill" and then let the union leaders explain why they are not able to get the deal done.

Jadjood

Star Member
Jul 2, 2019
I just received the ominous email about my ceremony cancelation for tomorrow.
As someone who was looking forward to attending the ceremony, I am disappointed and furious to learn that it has been canceled.

• Sad
Reactions: rainydayincanada

sumeet169

Jul 27, 2018
I just received the ominous email about my ceremony cancelation for tomorrow.
As someone who was looking forward to attending the ceremony, I am disappointed and furious to learn that it has been canceled.
Did you get an email to attend or was it just a tracker update?

sumeet169

Jul 27, 2018
It seems public started to show no support for the strike and criticize fed workers. Some says Fed workers dedicated their professional life for service so we should not criticize. Sure, we don’t if they don’t waste our tax money. They want work from home even half of them don’t work from work. We are not here to read update of the Union but critically think whether they deserve pay hike or not, after all, it is our tax money. IRCC workers not even do their job for the pay they get but they need hike, omg..sleep on the files again for 42 months but this time the reason is “ strike delay” in addition to “ Covid delay”
Another example:

sher_singh

Jun 19, 2010
Received an email today saying about my ceremony cancelation for tomorrow and will reschedule it as soon as possible. Very frustrating.