+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Possible Strike Action by IRCC employees starting mid-April

becca545

Star Member
Jan 29, 2017
Not so much since Brexit: British citizens no longer have free access (Freedom of movement AND establishment anywhere in the Schengen area)...

Instead of boasting and making fun of people who suffer real consequences from these repeated and unjustified delays, due to the laziness and pettiness of some workers as I said in an old message (See below)

Instead of doing that, I think it would be more intelligent and constructive to see the opportunities for the future for us as Canadians (or future Canadians), and also and above all the opportunities and prospects for our children, who will growing up here, where were born or will be born here... I am thinking of the wonderful Canzuk project, a free movement zone project, a bit like schengen, but which will bring together the English-speaking countries linked to the British crowns: UK, Canada, Australia and New Zealand ( An agreement already exists between the two Pacific countries ( see here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trans-Tasman_Travel_Arrangement )

It is quite possible to support the Canzuk project, by supporting the international organization Canzuk for example, which promotes this project (several politicians from all the potential future member countries have already expressed their support for the project, in particular the Canada), or simply by writing an e-mail to his federal deputy...

It's a registered charity in Vancouver, so I don't do commercial advertising, and that's right in the context of the discussion, I think.

Here is the organization's FAQ page:

https://www.canzukinternational.com/frequently-asked-questions

and the wikipedia page :

US.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CANZUK
My two cents is that person claiming to be British Nigerian isn't. They claim not to care but are on every thread hoping to get their citizenship soon.

And the other poster is just clueless to say Canadian citizenship is more powerful than the UK. A simple google search would show the UK has more visa free entries than even the US.

oboyzee

Star Member
Apr 9, 2023
Lol so invested. I’m sure you’re truly a British citizen who only want’s citizenship because his wife told him to.
Haha mate, I'm sure you're definitely one of those IRCC employee who mess around people's citizenship grant applications for year's and yet cry like a new born baby for a raise when you absolutely don't deserve nothing.

oboyzee

Star Member
Apr 9, 2023
Lol so invested. I’m sure you’re truly a British citizen who only want’s citizenship because his wife told him to.
I'm a scoucer from Liverpool, we like troll and eat them for breakfast.
I'm a scoucer from Liverpool, we like troll and we eat them for breakfast mate.

sumeet169

Jul 27, 2018
So it seems like there are still 4 unresolved issues that are holding up the agreement. https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/treasury-board-open-letter-1.6820781
I'll say the government gives them the pay increase and tie it to permanent work at the office except in emergencies lol
I think the pay part is solved but not the seniority or work from home. I don't think you can just blindly allow everyone to have a work from home. Also, its the language they want to reword for work from home. I dont see any news update today.

puigi

Star Member
Mar 12, 2019
Can we keep this thread on track and focus on the status of the negotiations? All the judgment calls on how lazy public service employees are and who is more affected by this strike come from ignorance. The truth is that we don't understand the conditions of public servants or the conditions of particular individuals.

As a person that has devoted all his professional life as a public servant (first in Mexico and now to a provincial government in Canada), I can tell you that there are some of us (certainly not all) who work 12-hour daily shifts, including weekends, which is more than many consultants/ persons in the private sector. This implies that half of your shift is unpaid, by the way. Moreover, the quality of the work in the public sector, at least concerning statistical modelling (my area of expertise), is far superior and done with more care than anywhere in the private sector. I don't know the conditions of CRA employees and the other workers in the federal government, and indeed, I don't care about the opinion of some randos on the Internet. So can we please stick to the topic and talk about the status of the negotiations and the impact of the strike on the different immigration streams?