+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Possible Strike Action by IRCC employees starting mid-April

krishere1982

Mar 2, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Was it more or less entitled than people here about their citizenship apps?
We are not entitled to citizenship. If IRCC finds that someone is not eligible to obtain citizenship for any reason, then they can very well reject the application. But we are for sure entitled to opinions because it is our tax dollars that are going towards paying them. We are entitled to transparency in the citizenship application process, because we pay an application fee.

rainydayincanada

Star Member
Apr 23, 2023
There are people here that have been waiting for more than 2 years to have their applications processed. People that exceeded the posted IRCC processing times. This means that SOMEONE is not doing their job :) and not just in regard to citizenship applications, but all applications. My best friend's PR application took 3 years to be processed when the processing time on the website was 8 months.

Every industry is understaffed at the moment, everyone experienced COVID-related economic problems, and everyone's dealing with high inflation. Yet, these guys that have been "working" from home in the last 3 years suddenly want more just because of inflation, "despite the fact that, in 2021, public-sector employees, at all levels of government, made 31.3 per cent more, on average, than workers in the private sector, according to a new study by the Fraser Institute. They also tend to receive more benefits, better pension plans and enjoy greater job security."

Excuse me if I have an opinion on this while my tax money is going into their pockets while they stay at home watching cat videos on TikTok.
For several years the option was to work from home or not work. During that time more prs landed in Canada than ever in history, how is that staying at home and not do anything? Of course things could be better but it is factual that immigration records were made.

Saying working from home is watching cat videos is a low shot that degrades any serious conversation.

Reactions: Kayne

Mounat

Star Member
Sep 15, 2022
Texas
Is anyone here concerned that all of their personal and financial information would probably be out on the dark web for anyone to use as they see fit because IRCC, Service Canada, or CRA staff wants to work from home?
When we hear of this breach who would we hold responsible for damages?
Your "private" personal and financial information is already on the dark web, and not because of IRCC.

• Wow
Reactions: rainydayincanada

Missionquebec

Nov 18, 2014
I saw one of the public service workers complaining about people like us on their Reddit forum. The nerve they have to say that the inconveniences they cause others are insignificant! This was what they said: "I keep seeing people being so mad and disappointed with IRCC because their citizenship oaths are getting cancelled and other processes are taking longer, and it makes me so mad to see them complain but not care about us at all. We work so hard and cannot even get a fair wage. The strike is so important, but it makes me go ugggghhh because those outside the PS do not know anything!"
Please ask them to resign the job and go to work that pay for their current competence level. If they say they are from IRCC to get a job, employer will say, sorry we do not provide salary for just sitting on files

sumeet169

Jul 27, 2018
Work from home is not just about privacy or anything that we dont have clear understanding. Its also because many people work multiple jobs and they may not be putting in as many hours in their regular job as they should. Now they will be shielded against rating based salary hike and even being fired and at the same time they dont want the govt to hire contract workers. These cant all be allowed without clauses.

irinaaas11

Star Member
Aug 1, 2019
For several years the option was to work from home or not work. During that time more prs landed in Canada than ever in history, how is that staying at home and not do anything? Of course things could be better but it is factual that immigration records were made.

Saying working from home is watching cat videos is a low shot that degrades any serious conversation.
As someone mentioned here, most of those PR landings were already in Canada (TR to PR pathway), making applications waaaay easier to process.
I'm not saying all of them watch cat videos, I'm sure there are good IRCC officers out there that take their job seriously and are on top of it. But those are, in fact, rare, judging by the processing times.

Missionquebec

Nov 18, 2014
IRCC like many gov places are currently understaffed. Many people retired early in the pandemic leaving a vacuum of knowledge which is not easy to catch up to when hiring the ps is slow and you need training to process complicated files.
IRCC work is not rocket science. Hire immigration consultants with license. You will be wondered how many licensed holders are eager to work for the current wage. How many files they see in a week? Are they doing programming or doing math calculations in their job? Even clean files they claim they are under pressure. Unbelievable

rainydayincanada

Star Member
Apr 23, 2023
As someone mentioned here, most of those PR landings were already in Canada (TR to PR pathway), making applications waaaay easier to process.
I'm not saying all of them watch cat videos, I'm sure there are good IRCC officers out there that take their job seriously and are on top of it. But those are, in fact, rare, judging by the processing times.
Thank you, a positive step in having a meaningful conversation. :)

irinaaas11

Star Member
Aug 1, 2019
You don't have to agree or not with the demands of the union, that much we can all agree on. I also don't agree with a lower performance driven method to raises for example. For me, there are many things wrong with how things are done in the ps for sure.

But spreading common stereotypes and falsehoods is just not ok. For example, many companies offer work from home as standard nowadays for desk jobs, it's not for the elite or top performers, that's absolutely false. Now, if we want our tax dollars to be able to hire the best people in the market how can we remove any possible attractive measures and hope people stay in the ps?
To give you an example - I wanted a raise last month, so I scheduled a performance review with my superior and brought facts to the table - the value that I added to the company since joining, and my achievements in a nutshell, to which he agreed, and without even asking, he gave me a 10% raise. I worked hard for that 10% raise, and I had to prove my worth with numbers and facts, and although my job can be hybrid, I worked from home for maybe 10 days total, mostly due to health issues.

My point is - all these public employees that want a wage increase should first go through a performance review, simply showing your face at the office or in a Zoom meeting from home is not enough to qualify for it. It should be based on merit, not inflation. If you're on top of your job, sure, take the 13.5% raise, no problem!

This whole thing actually made me consider applying for public sector jobs since they have more benefits, better hours, vacation, and job security than my current one.

IOI1984

Star Member
Aug 4, 2018
IRCC like many gov places are currently understaffed. Many people retired early in the pandemic leaving a vacuum of knowledge which is not easy to catch up to when hiring the ps is slow and you need training to process complicated files.
I saw your other replies as well. You must be one of those young college kids who have just discovered communism and marxism.
Newsflash: Nobody likes unions in the real world. They cause nothing but problems and only the union bosses want to keep them going.
The majority of the PSAC workers didn't even want to go on strike and want to go back to work (not that they do a good job at it, but still).

firstax

Dec 8, 2018
Your "private" personal and financial information is already on the dark web, and not because of IRCC.
Someone probably has it. But government staff should not make it east for low level hackers to access it. No way all staff working from home own encrypted laptops or internet connections. And no way to guarantee that a staff won't leave their laptop to get coffee and a spouse or friend then gains access to it.

Reactions: IOI1984