+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Possible Strike Action by IRCC employees starting mid-April

sumeet169

Jul 27, 2018
I, for one, like discussing all aspects. We have no idea whats going on with the negotiations. These news give us an idea as to where this is heading.

Reactions: 747-captain

LeaveItGold

Star Member
Mar 15, 2023
It seems they canceling all Oath ceremonies this week? Did any got his Oath done since this Strike began. ! Cancelations are for in-person and online regardless?!

Missionquebec

Nov 18, 2014
Canada should send troops to force the public servants to return back to work or they should quit their positions immediately. It makes no sense they can continue without any punishments, considering how much trouble they have caused to the public.
There is an option ( back to work ) for government but they will not do it as NDP will not support it. Also, government gets more public support Bcz of strike so gov let this people continue strike. Politics.

Reactions: irinaaas11

sumeet169

Jul 27, 2018
Did anyone not get the cancellation email who had the Oath scheduled this week? I am suppose to have an oath tomorrow but no cancellation email. I know it wont happen but I want to know do people also not get cancellation emails?

irinaaas11

Star Member
Aug 1, 2019
Did anyone not get the cancellation email who had the Oath scheduled this week? I am suppose to have an oath tomorrow but no cancellation email. I know it wont happen but I want to know do people also not get cancellation emails?
My partner just got the cancelation email for his ceremony on April 27th from the Calgary office.
He won't be able to travel, and he won't be able to renew his PR card or his (other) passport in time.

Last edited:

irinaaas11

Star Member
Aug 1, 2019
https://ottawa.ctvnews.ca/striking-public-servants-block-access-to-government-buildings-and-key-infrastructure-1.6370421 - Didn't they do enough damage already???

Also, not sure if anyone has seen the latest update: https://psacunion.ca/update-psac-ute-bargaining-team-national-strike
"However, to date, we remain in dispute over key issues with the CRA. These include:

1. Telework: We are seeking language in our collective agreement so that our members have the right to telework arrangements, and if management says no, management must provide an explanation in writing, and if unreasonable, the union can challenge the decision. Other federal employers have agreed to this. CRA has to date taken the position that there is to be no language on telework in our collective agreement.
  2. Compensation: We are seeking compensation that will address the cost of living and inflationary pressures. We are also looking for wage adjustments to bring our wages in line with our fellow public service employees. The employer’s position for compensation does not provide for such a wage adjustment and is far below inflation, which is unacceptable to us.
  3. Job security: We are seeking protections that are in line with other collective agreements, including years of service recognition and protections against the contracting out of our jobs. The employer to date has said no to these proposals."
So it seems that these CRA f**kers are still playing hardball with their 30% wage increase demand, and the rest is settled? At least that's my understanding.

Reactions: 747-captain

sumeet169

Jul 27, 2018
https://ottawa.ctvnews.ca/striking-public-servants-block-access-to-government-buildings-and-key-infrastructure-1.6370421 - Didn't they do enough damage already???

Also, not sure if anyone has seen the latest update: https://psacunion.ca/update-psac-ute-bargaining-team-national-strike
"However, to date, we remain in dispute over key issues with the CRA. These include:

1. Telework: We are seeking language in our collective agreement so that our members have the right to telework arrangements, and if management says no, management must provide an explanation in writing, and if unreasonable, the union can challenge the decision. Other federal employers have agreed to this. CRA has to date taken the position that there is to be no language on telework in our collective agreement.
  2. Compensation: We are seeking compensation that will address the cost of living and inflationary pressures. We are also looking for wage adjustments to bring our wages in line with our fellow public service employees. The employer’s position for compensation does not provide for such a wage adjustment and is far below inflation, which is unacceptable to us.
  3. Job security: We are seeking protections that are in line with other collective agreements, including years of service recognition and protections against the contracting out of our jobs. The employer to date has said no to these proposals."
So it seems that these CRA f**kers are still playing hardball with their 30% wage increase demand, and the rest is settled? At least that's my understanding.
Yeah, not much has changed from yesterday. CRA is going crazy with their demands. I think the other departments must be getting worried about CRA stand as well