+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Possible Strike Action by IRCC employees starting mid-April

irinaaas11

Star Member
Aug 1, 2019
My turn. The biggest lesson of all is that you can blame public workers all you want but if your bf understood time zones he would not have missed his initial ceremony and would not be in the situation he is in now.
A mistake for which he took full responsibility for, and had nothing to do with public workers. Although what is worth mentioning is the fact that they now include all the timezones in Canada in the notice to appear invitation letter, highlighted in yellow, which was not in his letter initially. Still not an excuse to miss the ceremony, obviously (I already gave him enough s**t for that).

But today's cancelation had something to do with public workers and their ridiculous demands - https://psacunion.ca/sites/psac/files/commonissues_en_combined_02-03-2022.pdf

Pindimurree

Star Member
Nov 1, 2015
Oshawa
For those posting updates. I greatly appreciate it. I check this forum daily and find it really helpful. Thank you!

For those arguing. Although I do appreciate some educated discussion, it’s getting a bit ridiculous with the negativity. Most of us are already stressed out, and arguing amongst ourselves doesn’t seem very beneficial. o_O

I hope everyone can relax and continue supporting each other by sharing information and answering questions.

oboyzee

Star Member
Apr 9, 2023
Gee, thanks for the life advice. Shouldn't you be picketing with your fellow privileged federal bureaucrats coworkers for your ridiculous demands instead of posting on this forum? Since you don't agree with anything that anyone is posting here, I don't understand what you're doing here. Do you enjoy reading about people that have been waiting 2+ years on their applications and having their ceremonies canceled? Does it give you satisfaction or what?
He/she is a troll lol, definitely one of those lazy IRCC employee that mess around people's citizenship grant application. But yet cry like a little baby wanting a raise. What a greedy selfish Lad.

SirCumsALot

Star Member
Oct 21, 2022
Can we keep this thread on track and focus on the status of the negotiations? All the judgment calls on how lazy public service employees are and who is more affected by this strike come from ignorance. The truth is that we don't understand the conditions of public servants or the conditions of particular individuals.

As a person that has devoted all his professional life as a public servant (first in Mexico and now to a provincial government in Canada), I can tell you that there are some of us (certainly not all) who work 12-hour daily shifts, including weekends, which is more than many consultants/ persons in the private sector. This implies that half of your shift is unpaid, by the way. Moreover, the quality of the work in the public sector, at least concerning statistical modelling (my area of expertise), is far superior and done with more care than anywhere in the private sector. I don't know the conditions of CRA employees and the other workers in the federal government, and indeed, I don't care about the opinion of some randos on the Internet. So can we please stick to the topic and talk about the status of the negotiations and the impact of the strike on the different immigration streams?
Get outta here with your facts. Can't you see how this thread works?

Sheru86

Star Member
Sep 22, 2022
Any information on how many IRCC employees are PSAC members? In the Reddit forum, many public workers were discussing how their absence did not seem to have affected work in their teams/divisions (work got delegated to those who are not striking). Looks like things have not come to a standstill for other departments.

Missionquebec

Nov 18, 2014
Or IRCC should allow us to do the self-administered oath ceremony and allow us to generate the citizenship certificate online asap. if this works, I don't mind how long they would do the strike
From June 2023, we may do self-adm oath. We already have e-citizenship certificates. Incompetent IRCC workers just need to complete BC and LPP. Even BC is done by other departments, still these ircc cry babies say they are under pressure since they are developing SPACE X rocket algorithm. BS.

cara269

Mar 23, 2018
Ontario
Category........
FAM
I just signed up to help PSAC out on the picket lines. I went to the Scarborough IRCC office and asked them if I could join their picket line. They said of course and gave my a sign and I was on the line with them all day yesterday. I told them I applied for citizenship back in May 2022 and still hadn't received any update and was frustrated about the process. They asked me what my UCI and application number was. After I gave the picket captain the information, he said they would process my application on an urgent basis. He said to give it at least 30 days after they return to work. See people, you don't need to contact your MP, make ATIP request for GCMS notes, go to a lawyer to file a mandamus application, or ask for urgent processing to get your application done quickly. All you need to do is help them out on the picket line!!!!
WTF:) is who you know and who knows you to get what you want .

koiwa528

Aug 12, 2015
I just signed up to help PSAC out on the picket lines. I went to the Scarborough IRCC office and asked them if I could join their picket line. They said of course and gave my a sign and I was on the line with them all day yesterday. I told them I applied for citizenship back in May 2022 and still hadn't received any update and was frustrated about the process. They asked me what my UCI and application number was. After I gave the picket captain the information, he said they would process my application on an urgent basis. He said to give it at least 30 days after they return to work. See people, you don't need to contact your MP, make ATIP request for GCMS notes, go to a lawyer to file a mandamus application, or ask for urgent processing to get your application done quickly. All you need to do is help them out on the picket line!!!!
Thanks for sharing your experience and that's a good idea! I am gonna show up at IRCC Scr picktetline by this Friday to see if any oath officers arr here, and I would ask them if they could just organize the oath ceremony for me privately although while on strike. I can pay them extra $999/h for helping me finiazling the oath ceremony!

• Haha
Reactions: adbcca and oboyzee

koiwa528

Aug 12, 2015
From June 2023, we may do self-adm oath. We already have e-citizenship certificates. Incompetent IRCC workers just need to complete BC and LPP. Even BC is done by other departments, still these ircc cry babies say they are under pressure since they are developing SPACE X rocket algorithm. BS.
I can't wait for one more month. I want to start from tmr

Missionquebec

Nov 18, 2014
Thanks for sharing your experience and that's a good idea! I am gonna show up at IRCC Scr picktetline by this Friday to see if any oath officers arr here, and I would ask them if they could just organize the oath ceremony for me privately although while on strike. I can pay them extra $999/h for helping me finiazling the oath ceremony!
Dude, it is just another idea to gather public in their picket line. Don’t fall for their trap. Stay away from their trick.

Missionquebec

Nov 18, 2014
Good try! When their picket line is empty, they have no choice but go to work. If what you said is true, it is completely unethical as urgent process needs certain protocol.

Reactions: 747-captain

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
That's not just unethical, it's downright illegal and against protocol to casually process someone's application as urgent for personal reasons. I applied for urgent processing before the strike with a proven urgent need to travel to see by dying father (can't get a passport).

your story, if true, has taken away any respect I had left for the IRCC an system at large.

johnyrose

Star Member
Oct 18, 2018
NOC Code......
A
That's not just unethical, it's downright illegal and against protocol to casually process someone's application as urgent for personal reasons. I applied for urgent processing before the strike with a proven urgent need to travel to see by dying father (can't get a passport).

your story, if true, has taken away any respect I had left for the IRCC an system at large.
I am surprised you had any respect left after how they are treating your application..

Cece450

Star Member
Apr 18, 2023
I am surprised you had any respect left after how they are treating your application..
I'm also curious, are they paying the public whom they are asking to join them a portion of their strike pay? Or are they asking the public to picket with them for free? Because unlike them, members of the public have to go to work

Reactions: parrots