March 10, 2014 sent to POS May 1, 2014
AOR Received.
Canadian AOR- April 29/2014 Trinidadian AOR- June 17/2014
File Transfer...
May 1/2014
Med's Done....
February 5/2014
CdnandTrini said:
Nice that you have each other during this process as "partners in crime" - so to speak!! Congrats on your DM my dear - you are almost finished!! You will need to help your girl through the process and we will be here with her as well. Blessings.
LOL yeah she is almost done but not really I'm forcing her to hold my hand the whole time till I'm join her! We really all are partners in crime in this process! I love it! Stir up those visa offices!

Kadi27

May 13, 2013
GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 9, 2013
Doc's Request.
April 15,2014 (Originial Birth& Marriage Cert)
File Transfer...
March 4, 2013
Med's Done....
November 2012/Re-Med & PC April 15/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May 30,2014
LANDED..........
Soon by the grace of God
Trinadian said:
Lol!!!! You are hilarious! And thanks:) my husband says we are never telling our kids this cuz he doesn't want then going through this! He's crazy I'm totally telling them!!!!! I agree completely definitely learning a lot and becoming a stronger soul in the process. I mean I knew it would be a gong show but some of the stuff I hear and experience just astound me more and more. My govt hmmmm. Probably would have been still waiting on the Mississauga office if Janadian didn't light a fire under me! ;)
hahahaha ;D I agree tell them but still appease hubby; wait until they are married :D

Trinadian

Apr 30, 2014
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 1/2014
Med's Done....
February 5/2014
Kadi27 said:
hahahaha ;D I agree tell them but still appease hubby; wait until they are married :D
Yeah I feel like it's a good night of my child's wedding story :p

JANAIDIAN MRS

Star Member
Apr 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 26, 2013
Doc's Request.
Police certificate re-do & request for more years info on History: March 26, 2014 (they received March 31, 2013)
File Transfer...
May 22, 2013
Med's Done....
April 3, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
April 22, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
MAY 5, 2014
LANDED..........
MAY 28, 2014
Trinadian said:
Lol!!!! You are hilarious! And thanks:) my husband says we are never telling our kids this cuz he doesn't want then going through this! He's crazy I'm totally telling them!!!!! I agree completely definitely learning a lot and becoming a stronger soul in the process. I mean I knew it would be a gong show but some of the stuff I hear and experience just astound me more and more. My govt hmmmm. Probably would have been still waiting on the Mississauga office if Janadian didn't light a fire under me! ;)
BAHAHAHHA if Mr.Trinadian doesn't let you tell it you can count on auntie Ja to do it for you ;) Its more of a warning or letting them know what EXACTLY they are getting into. hahaha.

I never would have lit a fire without this forum. If I hadn't know we were supposed to get AORs which i learned here I would have just been unproductively angry with you. WHOOOOOO!

Trinadian said:
Yeah I feel like it's a good night of my child's wedding story :p
BAHAHAHAHA ok... it can wait until then...

missMaple

Apr 24, 2014
Hey everyone, I'm back with updates!
So today my E-CAS has changed to "Decision Made", which makes it three weeks after I sent my passport into them. Gotta hand it to POS, they're moving at a decent pace. So now I'm just waiting to get my passport back in hand, then I'd breathe easy.
This process has been a long and emotionally exhausting one for me and I'm just wishing everyone else Good Luck and to stay strong.

Trinadian

Apr 30, 2014
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 1/2014
Med's Done....
February 5/2014
missMaple said:
Hey everyone, I'm back with updates!
So today my E-CAS has changed to "Decision Made", which makes it three weeks after I sent my passport into them. Gotta hand it to POS, they're moving at a decent pace. So now I'm just waiting to get my passport back in hand, then I'd breathe easy.
This process has been a long and emotionally exhausting one for me and I'm just wishing everyone else Good Luck and to stay strong.
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!! 3 weeks after submitting your passport must have felt like an eternity! I hope everything is smooth sailing here on out! So happy for your progress. Let us know how immigration is when landing ect. ;D

Can-Vinc

Star Member
Mar 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan-2013
Doc's Request.
Mar-2014 (updated police check/fingerprints) // May-2014 ARC
AOR Received.
June-2013
File Transfer...
Feb-2013
Med's Request
2nd Meds Request May -2014
Med's Done....
Dec-2012
Interview........
Jan-2014
Passport Req..
Oct-2014
LANDED..........
November 7, 2014
Hello!

Welcome to Trinadian and congrats to MissMaple!!

Small update for us - as you may know they requested updated police check from SVG and fingerprints (assuming for an RCMP check here in Canada). Those were sent in well within the 30 days they requested (I'm thinking 5 business days?) and then to hopefully shorten the process a bit we followed up with our own RCMP check here in Canada that we processed digitally. Those results have been rec'd by me here in Canada and then forwarded to POS (received by POS on April 30 according to FedEx).

How long do you think we should wait to send an inquiry as to next steps if we don't hear soon. I'm thinking next week but that is b/c we were burned by being patient last time and could have saved a couple of months.

Hope everyone is doing good!

Ronstar

Feb 28, 2014
Ahhh. I dont know what to say. I just got an email from POS stating my application has reached its final stage. I have to send in my passport and photo and basic information. I am in shock overwhelmed and happy. I cant wait to see my baby. Anyone knows how long it will take for my passport to be returned from the time I send it? Thanks to everyone on this forum for your help. January 23rd 2014 received to now that super awesome I cant explain the joy.

Hope for speedy times for everyone else.

Can-Vinc

Star Member
Mar 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
June-2013
File Transfer...
Feb-2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Dec-2012
Interview........
Jan-2014
Passport Req..
Oct-2014
LANDED..........
November 7, 2014
Congrats Ronstar... another very fast processing! they seem to take b/w 2 weeks to a month to process the visa and return it to you!

MissDominica

Champion Member
May 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
(13-08-2012) 21-08-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
(28-11-2012)
File Transfer...
(22-10-2012) 10-10-2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
(30-05-2012)
Interview........
(24-10-2013)
Passport Req..
04-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2014
LANDED..........
05-12-2014
Hello old friends and newbies!!

Let me apologise for my absence :-[ I have been working my butt off. As of FRIDAY I will be an official MD and I have already signed a contract to work back in Canada! Of course, until then, I'm hanging with hubby in Dominica.

We are marrying next month here in Dominica. My parents are coming (even my mother - who is TERRIFIED to fly and said she would NEVER get on a plane - the catch is that I have to fly ALL the way back home to get on the plane WITH her to bring her back because she is so scared lol). So I will be reliving this process again VERY soon.

I sent a CSE months ago to POS asking them to refund our landing fee, which we paid with our original application but they have not responded (I know, you're shocked, right?!) . Would be grateful if someone knows the process for getting this back? As it would be nice to have it when we re-apply.

Look forward to coming on here every 5 minutes again once I send off my application lol... let the crazy begin.. round 2! :-*

Can-Vinc

Star Member
Mar 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
June-2013
File Transfer...
Feb-2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Dec-2012
Interview........
Jan-2014
Passport Req..
Oct-2014
LANDED..........
November 7, 2014
MissD! Welcome back... sorry you have to be stuck here with us but we're glad to have you... yes... i'm still here and we are still waiting. Congratulations on your completion of med school and all of your training and becoming an MD... and on your contract and last but certainly not least on your impending nuptials! So exciting for you and even more exciting, POS has been turning some wicked-fast processing times (I think we missed that boat) so hopefully you'll be one of those, especially in light of the feedback you were given in the first place.

As for the refund, I found this: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/fees/refunds/rprf.asp ... it looks like you need to request the refund from Mississauga, not POS.

Like I said, we're sorry to have you back but happy, too (selfishly).

MissDominica

Champion Member
May 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
(13-08-2012) 21-08-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
(28-11-2012)
File Transfer...
(22-10-2012) 10-10-2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
(30-05-2012)
Interview........
(24-10-2013)
Passport Req..
04-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2014
LANDED..........
05-12-2014
Can-Vinc said:
MissD! Welcome back... sorry you have to be stuck here with us but we're glad to have you... yes... i'm still here and we are still waiting. Congratulations on your completion of med school and all of your training and becoming an MD... and on your contract and last but certainly not least on your impending nuptials! So exciting for you and even more exciting, POS has been turning some wicked-fast processing times (I think we missed that boat) so hopefully you'll be one of those, especially in light of the feedback you were given in the first place.

As for the refund, I found this: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/fees/refunds/rprf.asp ... it looks like you need to request the refund from Mississauga, not POS.

Thanks hun!! Happy (sort of lol) to be back with my peeps!!!

Let the process begin!!!!!!

Is my amazing spreadsheet keeper still here? xo

MissDominica

Champion Member
May 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
(13-08-2012) 21-08-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
(28-11-2012)
File Transfer...
(22-10-2012) 10-10-2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
(30-05-2012)
Interview........
(24-10-2013)
Passport Req..
04-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2014
LANDED..........
05-12-2014
Can-Vinc said:

Thanks for the link! It says that I do indeed have to contact CIC Mississauga for my refund.. I wonder how do I contact them in writing? Is there an email or do I have to send a snail mail letter (omg so long!)? It's been so long I forget all those little things like how to contact offices and such (selective memory lol)

Kadi27

May 13, 2013
GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 9, 2013
Doc's Request.
April 15,2014 (Originial Birth& Marriage Cert)
File Transfer...
March 4, 2013
Med's Done....
November 2012/Re-Med & PC April 15/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May 30,2014
LANDED..........
Soon by the grace of God
Hey Trini Fam,

Hope all is well.

Hey Can-Vinc; I hope this is the final haul now; I would suggest you e-mail them but always follow your heart. ;)

Welcome back MissD; second thime is the charm :-*

Triniaidian hope you are doing well; please talk to your friend and tell her to do her happy dance and stop worrying :p

Oh; and my hubby got PPR yesterday. so we are waiting patiently for PP return ;D

MissDominica

Champion Member
May 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
(13-08-2012) 21-08-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
(28-11-2012)
File Transfer...
(22-10-2012) 10-10-2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
(30-05-2012)
Interview........
(24-10-2013)
Passport Req..
04-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2014
LANDED..........
05-12-2014
Kadi27 said:
Hey Trini Fam,

Hope all is well.

Hey Can-Vinc; I hope this is the final haul now; I would suggest you e-mail them but always follow your heart. ;)

Welcome back MissD; second thime is the charm :-*

Triniaidian hope you are doing well; please talk to your friend and tell her to do her happy dance and stop worrying :p

Oh; and my hubby got PPR yesterday. so we are waiting patiently for PP return ;D
Thanks girl but more importantly,

CONGRATS ON THE PPR!!! ;D