WAIVED
Passport Req..
27-NOV-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-DEC-2013
LANDED..........
12-MAR-2014
Hey Everyone!!
its been so long since I have posted just busy with like everything it seems. Hubby has finally booked his ticket March 12th he will be here coming on Fly Jamaica big price difference between them and CAL. Nothing with us has changed just now the big push is on for him to get all his ends tied or I'm going to tie them for him at this point. We just leased our place here and I got possession of it last week so I have to pack, move and clean HELP!?

Hello Melferr, as Cdn&Trini mentioned I am from Guyana been here all my life pretty much since 2 years old Hubby and I meet when I was 15 visiting and he was 17 we pretty much were teenage sweethearts but the distance obviously took a toll on us being so young however we will be married one year next month; our story was very very simple no kids, no previous applications or anything, millions of pictures from over 10 years, phone logs etc we have house and bank accounts in Guyana and he also has his own business hence why he couldn't just pick up and leave when he got his PP back. Our marriage certificate also got delayed, we got married in march but didn't end up getting our certificate until June but it worked to our favour in a way I went home in end of May to June and we did all our paperwork together. My hubby's case got through in about 3.5-4 months so congratulations on getting approved and receiving the PPR. Our cases show that POS, CIC can accomplish things they just need to keep this momentum going for everyone else who's waiting and applying in the future.

Congrats LouisFam on landing and a big congratulations to Zouk on your growing family. HIIIIII cdn&trini, behopeful, missd, brit (aren't you happy to be back in the cold) and everyone else!!

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
Sept. 10, 2013 and "in process" Sept. 24, 2013
File Transfer...
March 28, 2013 (sponsor approval confirmed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct. 7, 2013 - Thank you Jesus!
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 4, 2013 - Thank you Lord
LANDED..........
Dec. 14, 2013 - Praise God. PR Card Feb. 14, 2014
melferr said:
Great news!!! hubby just got his PPR! GOD IS AMAAAAZING!!!!!! *screams* :) :) :) :)
AH-MAZING!!!!!!!! OMG, melferr CONGRATS to you and hubby you may have beaten KIAB's time frame, who I see just posted on here with some of her updates! Hi KIAB, glad to see hubby is coming home soon!

melferr you must be beyond excited, when my hubs received his PPR I was on cloud nine for 2 days straight and my face hurt from smiling so much :D. Such a wonderful feeling of relief that you did not have to wait too long considering your first wait to come to Canada originally. So, so happy for you and hubby. Thank you Jesus, now please get those husbands (Chickie, DG, O&O) home on the Kingston thread and give Can-Vinc her approval!!!! Amen and blessings to all.

DADDYS GIRL

Sep 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2012
Doc's Request.
12-03-2014
AOR Received.
16-05-2012
File Transfer...
29-05-2012
Med's Done....
16-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2014 - Rec: 19-05-2014
LANDED..........
23-05-2014
CdnandTrini said:
AH-MAZING!!!!!!!! OMG, melferr CONGRATS to you and hubby you may have beaten KIAB's time frame, who I see just posted on here with some of her updates! Hi KIAB, glad to see hubby is coming home soon!

melferr you must be beyond excited, when my hubs received his PPR I was on cloud nine for 2 days straight and my face hurt from smiling so much :D. Such a wonderful feeling of relief that you did not have to wait too long considering your first wait to come to Canada originally. So, so happy for you and hubby. Thank you Jesus, now please get those husbands (Chickie, DG, O&O) home on the Kingston thread and give Can-Vinc her approval!!!! Amen and blessings to all.
You are truly someone special!!! :-*

Thank you for your continued support!!!

DADDYS GIRL

Sep 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2012
Doc's Request.
12-03-2014
AOR Received.
16-05-2012
File Transfer...
29-05-2012
Med's Done....
16-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2014 - Rec: 19-05-2014
LANDED..........
23-05-2014
melferr said:
Great news!!! hubby just got his PPR! GOD IS AMAAAAZING!!!!!! *screams* :) :) :) :)
Congratulations!!!! This goes to prove that this process does not need to be long and drawn out!!!

Wishing you a speedy passport return :)

Faith25

Dec 30, 2013
Congratulations Melferr!! GOD is amazing!! He alone has the power to show us who he is!! OMG U BROKE THE RECORD!!!!!!!!

Emma88

Feb 13, 2014
My husband sponsor me and I was call in for an interview on the 23 of January at Georgetown and they told me one week after the will call to tell me if it a yes or no it been 3 week still haven't hear from them it is hard to wait when your pregnant.

melferr

Jan 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-12-2013
AOR Received.
27-01-2014
File Transfer...
08-01-2014
Med's Done....
14-11-2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
13-02-2014, Passport sent: 27-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-03-2014 YAAY!!!!
LANDED..........
30-04-2014
Thanks everyone!!! we're both still in disbelief :eek: ....still thinking this is a dream...

Before hubby was soooooooo discouraged about how it would take about 2 yrs for us to actually be together for good since the processing time for Port of Spain says 20 months. Both of us would literally have bouts of depression, my doc had also subscribed me sleeping pills ( didn't take them):'(
We worked really hard on our application package, I think i have an OCD with going over things multiple times :D and made sure that everything was self explanatory....I wrote little explanatory notes on almost everything - obsessed- ??? and a long composition on the development of our relationship, we didn't have a wide variety of pics, just a number of selfies and ones from our wedding. We tried to dig up every possible evidence we could find for our relationship eg beneficiaries for each others life insurances & bank accounts ( just some ideas for people going through this terrible process).

Our God is AWESOME with HIM ANYTHING is possible!!!
Now my husband will soon BE by my side for good- finally......

My fingers are still crossed for everyone here going through the process too lets hope and pray POS keeps up the momentum, You all are in my prayers.

Can-Vinc

Star Member
Mar 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan-2013
Doc's Request.
Mar-2014 (updated police check/fingerprints) // May-2014 ARC
AOR Received.
June-2013
File Transfer...
Feb-2013
Med's Request
2nd Meds Request May -2014
Med's Done....
Dec-2012
Interview........
Jan-2014
Passport Req..
Oct-2014
LANDED..........
November 7, 2014
Melfer! Congratulations! This is really great to see POS starting to pick up their socks with some very quick turnarounds :D

Update for everyone (or lack thereof)... we have no update--we're still showing as In Process, which is better than DM (in our case) but it has been officially a month since our interview and the officer that day said we'd hear back in a month. I know I'm holding them to that month in a strict way since the month was this week but we just want to hear something. Anyone have any gut feelings as to whether or not the long wait is a positive or negative or neither? I know that Miss D had a long wait only to find out they were denied. That was so gut-wrenching to see that happen after she was such a champion for everyone. For the new members (in case you haven't read from Page 1), Miss D (and others before her, of course) was to the forum what CdnandTrini is now... the forum cheerleader and encyclopedia... our rock! :)

Rant Alert!!! It is just so hard heading into the Family Day long weekend (or any weekend for that matter) not being able to enjoy your family and spouse. Today is not my best day, to say the least. That being said, I sincerely hope everyone enjoys their long weekend (if you get one) and also hoping and praying and thanking everyone for their thoughts and prayers that I'll be back with good news early next week.

Can-Vinc

Star Member
Mar 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan-2013
Doc's Request.
Mar-2014 (updated police check/fingerprints) // May-2014 ARC
AOR Received.
June-2013
File Transfer...
Feb-2013
Med's Request
2nd Meds Request May -2014
Med's Done....
Dec-2012
Interview........
Jan-2014
Passport Req..
Oct-2014
LANDED..........
November 7, 2014
Thanks Faith! Quiet weekend on the forum :) gotta get us back up on Page 1 :)

renluv

Feb 19, 2014
Hi everyone. I have been lurking on this forum on and off for about two years now. I finally got the courage to post something. I have not sent in an application yet but am in the process of doing so. I have always visited Trinidad evey bow and then until I met my husband in 2008. We got married in 2009 ever since I met him I have been living in Trinidad. After getting married we both stayed in Trinidad living at his mother's house. We have two sons age 2 and almost 4. We always said one day when we r ready we will migrate to canada. Both our sons have received their canadian certificate through me(I am the canadian citizen). With my parents coming next month I want to go back to canada along with the kids to get things started. My mother is helping us financially and has agreed to support us and give us a place to stay till he is approved and can come and find work. My entire family lives in canada and we will have alot oc support. I have tonnes of pics from when we were dating, not jus couple pics we have with my family also. I also have wedding pictures, pics from birthdays holidays birth of our sons, times when my family visited us, pics from his side family events etc im working on letters from neighbours, my bestfriend, his boss and he also has a close poice friend willing to do one. Is there anything else I should add? I do plan o. Putting phone logs etc when I go first to Canada. And we have never been apart except for one time in 2012 when I took my kids to canada to visit my family and I still have the letter of consent signed by a justice of peace for the time I was away which wasnt long. I am really nervous about this whole thin and any advice would be appreciated. :)

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
DADDYS GIRL said:
You are truly someone special!!! :-*

Thank you for your continued support!!!
No YOU are truly someone special DG and deserve to be happy and get your hubby home ASAP!!!! :-* Blessings.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Emma88 said:
My husband sponsor me and I was call in for an interview on the 23 of January at Georgetown and they told me one week after the will call to tell me if it a yes or no it been 3 week still haven't hear from them it is hard to wait when your pregnant.
Hello Emma88 and welcome. :D Congratulations on your pregnancy and interview!! ;D. I am guessing you are from Guyana, is that correct? I have added you to the spreadsheet and if you can give a few more details that would be helpful. When was your application originally submitted? Did you receive an AOR (acknowledgment of receipt) of your application from the Port of Spain (POS) visa office (VO)?

Another of our members who is sponsoring her husband from St. Vincent also had an interview on Jan. 13th 2013 and she is still waiting to hear something back as well. I believe it can take 1-2 months after an interview and then again we had another member whose wife was told she was approved right at the interview. I can imagine it must be very difficult for you to wait especially being pregnant. How far along are you? Do you have plans for your husband to be at the birth if you have not received your visa yet? I pray it all works out for you quickly. Blessings

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
renluv said:
Hi everyone. I have been lurking on this forum on and off for about two years now. I finally got the courage to post something. I have not sent in an application yet but am in the process of doing so. I have always visited Trinidad evey bow and then until I met my husband in 2008. We got married in 2009 ever since I met him I have been living in Trinidad. After getting married we both stayed in Trinidad living at his mother's house. We have two sons age 2 and almost 4. We always said one day when we r ready we will migrate to canada. Both our sons have received their canadian certificate through me(I am the canadian citizen). With my parents coming next month I want to go back to canada along with the kids to get things started. My mother is helping us financially and has agreed to support us and give us a place to stay till he is approved and can come and find work. My entire family lives in canada and we will have alot oc support. I have tonnes of pics from when we were dating, not jus couple pics we have with my family also. I also have wedding pictures, pics from birthdays holidays birth of our sons, times when my family visited us, pics from his side family events etc im working on letters from neighbours, my bestfriend, his boss and he also has a close poice friend willing to do one. Is there anything else I should add? I do plan o. Putting phone logs etc when I go first to Canada. And we have never been apart except for one time in 2012 when I took my kids to canada to visit my family and I still have the letter of consent signed by a justice of peace for the time I was away which wasnt long. I am really nervous about this whole thin and any advice would be appreciated. :)
Welcome renluv and good for you to be courageous ;D!! We are happy that you are "unlurking" and now posting! It sounds as though you are very well prepared and the fact that you lived with your husband in Trinidad and have 2 children together sounds like a very straightforward application. I do not think you have anything to worry about. The only things that usually cause delays are removal orders, criminal records, needing police clearances from living and working in other countries, things like that. If you and your husband have none of those I would think you could have a very fast application process. Just make sure you organize your package well and sign all of the forms. I also recommend paying the fees upfront if possible as that will also help to speed up the processing. You can search this forum as well for advice I believe another member posted a list somewhere of helpful hints to putting together the application. Blessings.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hello everyone, vets and newbies, yes I have finally updated the spreadsheet!!!! So please have a look and let me know if I am missing anyone or any details. Please feel free to let me know here or PM me if you see any errors.

Mizzdanish, Faith25, melferr, LouisFam, childofGod, Emma88, brit. samavril, you all got updated!! Waiting for MsRuby and needhimback to finish and submit their apps and a few folks if you are still out there.....LONELYGIRL and blessedone1, stop in and say hello and give an update! Gigi, keep us posted on your appeal.

Hello to everyone and Can-Vinc hang in there, you will hear something soon :-* Blessings to all and our lovely persevering JA ladies.

Last but not least - Dadzin are you out there? Did you folks finally come back to Canada and land? Hope the famzin are all well ;). Millslu's - still around? Miss D or "Dr. Miss D" :-*???? Sending love and prayers for health and prosperity.

p.s. for those of you who like the post landing details - hubby rec'd his PR card in the mail on Fri. Feb. 14th 2014 (Valentine's Day) and he landed Dec. 14th 2013 so his card arrived 2 months from the day he landed.