Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
13-02-2014, Passport sent: 27-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-03-2014 YAAY!!!!
LANDED..........
30-04-2014
Hi everyone, I've been lurking this forum for a while now, too afraid to even say anything, so many times I began to write a post but erase it shortly after :). I got all my information not to mention encouragement from each and everyone's experience here and I'm very grateful for that. So I finally have the courage to share my story as God has been so good to me. Distance is a very very difficult thing, it drains u mentally, physically, spiritually and most of all emotionally. My husband and I got married August 2013 but we only applied in December. I was very worried of this whole immigration process going wrong for my part as I only migrated 3 yrs ago and currently in university completing my degree but I was approved as a sponsor- Thank God! Port of spain is indeed moving quickly this time around, here's my timeline, feel free to add it :)
Application filed: 4th Dec 2013
Approved as sponsor/file transferred: 8th Jan 2014
Meds done: November 2014
AOR: 27th Jan 2014
Ecas status changed to: "in process" 11 FEB 2014
It says they started processing it since 6th Feb and that the medical results were received. I dont exactly know what to expect after this, my fingers are still crossed. Does it mean its more on the positive side for us?

I prayed really hard for this because I really really miss my husband.

oneandonly

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2012
melferr said:
Hi everyone, I've been lurking this forum for a while now, too afraid to even say anything, so many times I began to write a post but erase it shortly after :). I got all my information not to mention encouragement from each and everyone's experience here and I'm very grateful for that. So I finally have the courage to share my story as God has been so good to me. Distance is a very very difficult thing, it drains u mentally, physically, spiritually and most of all emotionally. My husband and I got married August 2013 but we only applied in December. I was very worried of this whole immigration process going wrong for my part as I only migrated 3 yrs ago and currently in university completing my degree but I was approved as a sponsor- Thank God! Port of spain is indeed moving quickly this time around, here's my timeline, feel free to add it :)
It says they started processing it since 6th Feb and that the medical results were received. I dont exactly know what to expect after this, my fingers are still crossed. Does it mean its more on the positive side for us?

Welcome to the POS thread what awesome news POS is on a ball well look out for PPR it will happen very shortly. The member C&T will add you to the forum spreadsheet once she gets on I'm sure. Get everything ready hubby will soon be home to you.

oneandonly

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2012
Brit_Edwards said:
Hello everyone**** UPDATE***
So I checked ECAS and it says "in process" since Feb 5th 2014. Strange cus before I left in Dec it said the same but without the date that changed. Oh well yay!

Does in process also means they waived ur interview?
Last, clumpsy me didnt realise the PR fee was 490 not the 470 I sent so of course they sent it bk. How soon will they ask for the fee and will it slow down the PP request??

Thanks guys :)
Wow congrats PPR is around the corner woohoo get that rprf few paid quickly send a copy to Mississauga and one to the vo along with an email copy just to be safe. No interview is needed get ready hubby will soon be home.

childofGod

Dec 13, 2013
CdnandTrini said:
Hello childofGod we have another member on the Kingston Jamaica thread who also uses the name chilldofGod (2 l's) so it is a bit confusing. But he has gone through and recently landed so that's good!! What province are you in?

When you check the status of your application you (the sponsor) get an UCI number (unique client identifier) and you can use that to check your ecas status online. Once you are approved as sponsor and stage 2 starts then your husband as the applicant will get his own UCI number (as well as a file/application number) to check the status of the progress on the applicant's side of things. In addition, when POS requests passports they are usually sent by courier with return bags and tracking numbers so that people can keep track of where their passport is. Not sure which of these above scenarios you may be referring to but hopefully one of the answers is what you are looking for. Blessings.

Hey CdnandTrini
Thx alot for your reply

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
Sept. 10, 2013 and "in process" Sept. 24, 2013
File Transfer...
March 28, 2013 (sponsor approval confirmed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct. 7, 2013 - Thank you Jesus!
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 4, 2013 - Thank you Lord
LANDED..........
Dec. 14, 2013 - Praise God. PR Card Feb. 14, 2014
melferr said:

Welcome melferr and thank you for being courageous :D we do not bite!!! It is great that you are "unlurking" because as you said, each of our experience's helps another person and we all need support during this journey. Glad you have been able to benefit and now you are paying it forward too!

Going to "in process" on ecas is really positive news (as O&O already said - shout out to my JA girl O&O :-*!!) so congratulations! It usually means the couple have both passed eligibility and do not need an interview and you are close to the end stages of the process. WOW, POS is moving so fast these days, it is really a miracle and God is amazing. You are correct about how draining this immigration "story" is on people and your prayers have truly been answered. If you look on the spreadsheet (yes I will add you so thank you for pumping up our data for others) another person got through in 4 months (KIAB) so it is possible. Looks like you will soon have a landing story for us. Can you share a bit more about how you and hubby met and what country(ies) you are both from? Whatever you feel comfortable with, we all love a good love story especially as we are getting near to Valentine's day this Friday ;). What are you studying at school? Blessings my dear.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
oneandonly said:
Welcome to the POS thread what awesome news POS is on a ball well look out for PPR it will happen very shortly. The member C&T will add you to the forum spreadsheet once she gets on I'm sure. Get everything ready hubby will soon be home to you.
Hey girl, wassup with you and the hubs? Any updates? Thanks for keeping an eye out for our new members!! :-* Blessings.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
childofGod said:
Hey CdnandTrini
Thx alot for your reply
You are most welcome my dear. Blessings.

melferr

Jan 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-12-2013
AOR Received.
27-01-2014
File Transfer...
08-01-2014
Med's Done....
14-11-2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
17-03-2014 YAAY!!!!
LANDED..........
30-04-2014
CdnandTrini said:
Welcome melferr and thank you for being courageous :D we do not bite!!! It is great that you are "unlurking" because as you said, each of our experience's helps another person and we all need support during this journey. Glad you have been able to benefit and now you are paying it forward too!

Going to "in process" on ecas is really positive news (as O&O already said - shout out to my JA girl O&O :-*!!) so congratulations! It usually means the couple have both passed eligibility and do not need an interview and you are close to the end stages of the process. WOW, POS is moving so fast these days, it is really a miracle and God is amazing. You are correct about how draining this immigration "story" is on people and your prayers have truly been answered. If you look on the spreadsheet (yes I will add you so thank you for pumping up our data for others) another person got through in 4 months (KIAB) so it is possible. Looks like you will soon have a landing story for us. Can you share a bit more about how you and hubby met and what country(ies) you are both from? Whatever you feel comfortable with, we all love a good love story especially as we are getting near to Valentine's day this Friday ;). What are you studying at school? Blessings my dear.
Thanx C&T for the encouragement.

Well both hubby and I are from Guyana, we both worked at the bank (thats where we met). Our path crossed several times in the past, we still think its destiny that brought us together. During the course of our relationship my family and I were already going through a 6-year long self sponsorship permanent residence process via Port of Spain. This process took so long that we even forgot about it, I didn't even mention it to my significant other at the time. So the day came when we finally got our PR visa ( my parents mainly dealt it) but it was only valid for 2 weeks! IMMIGRATION GAVE US 2 WEEKS TO TRAVEL. My family and I had to uproot our lives and leave within 2WEEKS. It was hectic but the most hurtful and heart wrenching part was that I had to tell my husband that i was leaving him----IN 2 WEEKS. It still brings tears to my eyes just at the thought of it, I was leaving a part of me in Guyana :-( I think at one point in time I objected to coming to canada but my parents convinced me otherwise since I would pass the age of going as a dependent child and that I would miss the oppertunity of advancing my education. For me, the first couple months in Canada were horibble as i missed my baby soooo000 much, every single cent I had I spent on phone cards. We would try communicate each day. Now skype is our life we talk on skype every chance we get...boi...i sent a big sample of our skype call logs to CIC - hope they had a feast :p Since I came to Canada I visited Guyana every year and it involved me quitting my job each time I did because I would go for more than 2 weeks. I work part time since I'm a full time student ( Doing my Bachelors of Science in Human Biology health & diseases at University of Toronto). Thankfully I have a wonderful employer who rehired me each time I got back. My husband is my life, my soul mate, my best friend...actually my everything and both of us felt it was all worth fighting for. We celebrate the date we met every month :)
As for our wedding...it was wonderful my entire family in Canada was able to return to Guyana for it. We got married in August but only applied in December because we had some misfortunes with our marriage certificate...first being a delay in the marriage being filed (without our knowledge) and then finally wen we got the marriage certificate, the mail person left it at the gate and the dogs had a feast of it.... :'(..yup...unfortunate.....the time apart was already driving us crazy and knowing that this process takes forever. It was sad that we didn't get to spend our first Christmas as a married couple together :( but God has given both hubby and I strength to survive this terrible distance.

so... we're jus glad POS is moving relatively fast with our case....hope something happens soon...*fingers crossed*

oneandonly

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2012
CdnandTrini said:
Hey girl, wassup with you and the hubs? Any updates? Thanks for keeping an eye out for our new members!! :-* Blessings.
Hey girl thanks for the big up like always well no update yet still waiting. As always you know the POS and JA thread is family to us your most welcome darling. Thanks for always coming on and continue giving your all to the forum.

oneandonly

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2012
melferr said:

Well both hubby and I are both from Guyana, we both worked at the bank (thats where we met). During the course of our relationship my family and I were already going through a 6-year long self sponsorship permanent residence process via Port of Spain. This process took so long that we even forgot about it, I didn't even mention it to my significant other at the time. So the day came when we finally got our PR visa ( my parents mainly dealt it) but it was only valid for 2 weeks! IMMIGRATION GAVE US 2 WEEKS TO TRAVEL. My family and I had to uproot our lives and leave within 2WEEKS. It was hectic but the most hurtful and heart wrenching part was that I had to tell my husband that i was leaving him----IN 2 WEEKS. It still brings tears to my eyes just at the thought of it, I was leaving a part of me in Guyana :-( I think at one point in time I objected to coming to canada but my parents convinced me otherwise since I would pass the age of going as a dependent child and that I would miss the oppertunity of advancing my education. For me, the first couple months in Canada were horibble as i missed my baby soooo000 much, every single cent I had I spent on phone cards. We would try communicate each day. Now skype is our life we talk on skype every chance we get...boi...i sent a big sample of our skype call logs to CIC - hope they had a feast :p Since I came to Canada I visited Guyana every year and it involved me quitting my job each time I did because I would go for more than 2 weeks. I work part time since I'm a full time student ( Doing my Bachelors of Science in Human Biology health & diseases at University of Toronto). Thankfully I have a wonderful employer who rehired me each time I got back. My husband is my life, my soul mate, my best friend...actually my everything and both of us felt it was all worth fighting for. We celebrate the date we met every month :)
As for our wedding...it was wonderful my entire family in Canada was able to return to Guyana for it. We got married in August but only applied in December because we had some misfortunes with our marriage certificate...first being a delay in the marriage being filed (without our knowledge) and then finally wen we got the marriage certificate, the mail person left it at the gate and the dogs had a feast of it.... :'(..yup...unfortunate.....the time apart was already driving us crazy and knowing that this process takes forever. It was sad that we didn't get to spend our first Christmas as a married couple together :( but God has given both hubby and I strength to survive this terrible distance.

so... we're jus glad POS is moving relatively fast with our case....hope something happens soon...*fingers crossed*
Enjoyed reading your love story thank you for sharing that with us all. What a time you and hubby has to go through with a long distance relationship and the marriage certificate wow. Very soon hubby will be home with you and you will be able to pick up the pieces of the puzzle where you left off. Blessings and once again welcome on your second round of what we call the immigration foreign.

melferr

Jan 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-12-2013
AOR Received.
27-01-2014
File Transfer...
08-01-2014
Med's Done....
14-11-2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
17-03-2014 YAAY!!!!
LANDED..........
30-04-2014
oneandonly said:
Enjoyed reading your love story thank you for sharing that with us all. What a time you and hubby has to go through with a long distance relationship and the marriage certificate wow. Very soon hubby will be home with you and you will be able to pick up the pieces of the puzzle where you left off. Blessings and once again welcome on your second round of what we call the immigration foreign.
Thanx for the encouragement. Congrats to u :) I do have all of u in my prayers.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
melferr said:

Well both hubby and I are from Guyana, we both worked at the bank (thats where we met). Our path crossed several times in the past, we still think its destiny that brought us together. During the course of our relationship my family and I were already going through a 6-year long self sponsorship permanent residence process via Port of Spain. This process took so long that we even forgot about it, I didn't even mention it to my significant other at the time. So the day came when we finally got our PR visa ( my parents mainly dealt it) but it was only valid for 2 weeks! IMMIGRATION GAVE US 2 WEEKS TO TRAVEL. My family and I had to uproot our lives and leave within 2WEEKS. It was hectic but the most hurtful and heart wrenching part was that I had to tell my husband that i was leaving him----IN 2 WEEKS. It still brings tears to my eyes just at the thought of it, I was leaving a part of me in Guyana :-( I think at one point in time I objected to coming to canada but my parents convinced me otherwise since I would pass the age of going as a dependent child and that I would miss the oppertunity of advancing my education. For me, the first couple months in Canada were horibble as i missed my baby soooo000 much, every single cent I had I spent on phone cards. We would try communicate each day. Now skype is our life we talk on skype every chance we get...boi...i sent a big sample of our skype call logs to CIC - hope they had a feast :p Since I came to Canada I visited Guyana every year and it involved me quitting my job each time I did because I would go for more than 2 weeks. I work part time since I'm a full time student ( Doing my Bachelors of Science in Human Biology health & diseases at University of Toronto). Thankfully I have a wonderful employer who rehired me each time I got back. My husband is my life, my soul mate, my best friend...actually my everything and both of us felt it was all worth fighting for. We celebrate the date we met every month :)

Nice story melferr thanks for sharing it with us :D I believe KIAB and her hubby are also from Guyana originally and she came to Canada before him as well. She is also the member that got though in 4 months so your stories have some similarities. You can go to her posts and read them back to see her story or for that matter any of us on the forum. Some good stories in all of the different threads! Blessings.

melferr

Jan 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-12-2013
AOR Received.
27-01-2014
File Transfer...
08-01-2014
Med's Done....
14-11-2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
17-03-2014 YAAY!!!!
LANDED..........
30-04-2014
Great news!!! hubby just got his PPR! GOD IS AMAAAAZING!!!!!! *screams* :) :) :) :)

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
melferr said:
Great news!!! hubby just got his PPR! GOD IS AMAAAAZING!!!!!! *screams* :) :) :) :)
Awesome news Congrats to you! That was quick and amazing! Soon your hubby will be with you and your family in Canada and no longer seperated!