+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Port-au-Prince/Haiti Visa Office (Spousal sponsorship)

faithey

Jan 12, 2012
I'm wondering if there are any updates or a timeline any of you can share; especially if your spouse has landed.
Here is my timeline:
- Application received January 25th 2018
- AOR 1 March 10th 2018
- Schedule A and PCC requested April 3rd 2018
- Schedule A and PCC uploaded April 10th 2018
- Sponsorship Approval April 3rd 2018
- Transfer to Port-au-Prince VO April 20th 2018
- ECAS PRAS Application in process April 20th 2018

Since then I haven't heard anything and the status doesn't change in ECAS.
Hi there, you are right on track! We sent the application for my husband and 2 daughters, August 8, 2017. They arrived in Canada on April 15, 2018...just a little over 8 months total. Expect the medical request next.

Emkay625

Apr 21, 2018
Hi there, you are right on track! We sent the application for my husband and 2 daughters, August 8, 2017. They arrived in Canada on April 15, 2018...just a little over 8 months total. Expect the medical request next.
Thanks for sharing. 8 months is not so bad. I was getting a bit worried because I know nothing moves fast in Haiti

faithey

Jan 12, 2012
Feel free to message me or ask any questions. The waiting and not knowing what's next gets very stressful. Just a heads up, my husband was asked to attend an interview and was given just 3 days notice. They contacted him by phone not email for the interview. He was asked to bring pictures, proof of communication, proof of my visits, etc etc. You may not need an interview but just try to be prepared in case they do call.

Emkay625

Apr 21, 2018
Feel free to message me or ask any questions. The waiting and not knowing what's next gets very stressful. Just a heads up, my husband was asked to attend an interview and was given just 3 days notice. They contacted him by phone not email for the interview. He was asked to bring pictures, proof of communication, proof of my visits, etc etc. You may not need an interview but just try to be prepared in case they do call.
Did you submit the proof of communications and proof of visits before? We did that when we were submitting the application. Do I have to attend the interview as well?

faithey

Jan 12, 2012
Did you submit the proof of communications and proof of visits before? We did that when we were submitting the application. Do I have to attend the interview as well?
We submitted before AND we submitted at the interview. We also included letters from family and friends, western union receipts etc. It is not mandatory to attend the interview but it did help. The officer invited me in after interviewing my husband and spoke to me. She asked me many of the same questions she asked him. We had some red flags, but by attending the interview and speaking to the officer myself, I think it really made a difference.

Emkay625

Apr 21, 2018
We submitted before AND we submitted at the interview. We also included letters from family and friends, western union receipts etc. It is not mandatory to attend the interview but it did help. The officer invited me in after interviewing my husband and spoke to me. She asked me many of the same questions she asked him. We had some red flags, but by attending the interview and speaking to the officer myself, I think it really made a difference.
Will they be asking for letters from friends and family? Sorry I am asking so many questions.
What province are you in?
How long were you together/married before you applied?
Have you travelled to Haiti multiple times?

faithey

Jan 12, 2012
Will they be asking for letters from friends and family? Sorry I am asking so many questions.
What province are you in?
How long were you together/married before you applied?
Have you travelled to Haiti multiple times?
I will send you a private message