+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Port-au-Prince/Haiti Visa Office (Spousal sponsorship)

BigCastle

Jan 29, 2017
Hi, I am frim Haiti and my file was sent to Port au Prince. I have noticed that there isn't a thread about Haitian applicants.
I applied on january 19th 2017. It would be nice to share my experience with you all or learn from yours. Thanks

Reactions: sun_mom

benghace

Jan 30, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
03-03-2017
AOR Received.
10-05-2017
Med's Done....
14-042017
Hey, Do you mind sharing your timeline. Have received any updates on your application?

sun_mom

Jun 14, 2017
Hi, I am frim Haiti and my file was sent to Port au Prince. I have noticed that there isn't a thread about Haitian applicants.
I applied on january 19th 2017. It would be nice to share my experience with you all or learn from yours. Thanks
Hi, I noticed that as well. We are at the end of ours, passport is at the Embassy awaiting PR. We applied January 20016 with some delays. Let me know if you have any questions

BigCastle

Jan 29, 2017
Hey, Do you mind sharing your timeline. Have received any updates on your application?
Hi sorry for the late reply, I stopped checking for a while.

So...
Application sent Jan 19th
SA February 7th
Schedule A uploaded February 7th
File transfer to Port au Prince March 27th

BigCastle

Jan 29, 2017
Hi, I noticed that as well. We are at the end of ours, passport is at the Embassy awaiting PR. We applied January 20016 with some delays. Let me know if you have any questions
Hi, your post made me so happy. Congratulations!!!
Finally someone that finished the process in Port au Prince. Did you have an interview? 18 months... wow

BlondieB

Jan 29, 2017
My husband is Haitian. Just got email that application forwarded to the PAP VO on July 19.
I'd love to follow your story!

NewlywedD

Aug 18, 2017
Hi there, I sent in my application to sponsor my Haitian husband and his w daughters on Aug 7. Haven't heard anything yet. Keeping my fingers crossed...but there are a couple things that have me very worried that they will return it to me. Hope we all get through this and will be together with our spouses soon!

Reactions: BlondieB

Yorklynn

Star Member
Jul 8, 2017
Hi everyone. My application for my Haitian husband was received May 26, 2017. My application has been sent to PAP and I'm waiting to hear from them. Thank you for starting this thread.

Reactions: sun_mom

faithey

Jan 12, 2012
Hi everyone. My application for my Haitian husband was received May 26, 2017. My application has been sent to PAP and I'm waiting to hear from them. Thank you for starting this thread.
Hi there! Can you share your timeline please? Happy for you, you're getting closer!

sun_mom

Jun 14, 2017
Hi, your post made me so happy. Congratulations!!!
Finally someone that finished the process in Port au Prince. Did you have an interview? 18 months... wow
I know of about 4 couples that all finished around the same time as us, time was between 16 - 18 months. yes we had an interview.

BigCastle

Jan 29, 2017
I know of about 4 couples that all finished around the same time as us, time was between 16 - 18 months. yes we had an interview.
Thank you for your reply and insight. I am now 10 months in. And my files have been in Port au Prince since March 27th. We are currently considering applying for a visitor visa. They promised that thry would bring the processinv time to 12 months total. But although I hope that it s true, I don t think that is going to HAPPEN.

Yorklynn

Star Member
Jul 8, 2017
Application received May 26
AOR1 July 26
SA July 26
Linked account and background request July 27
Background submitted August 7
Forwarded to VO August 15.

I have heard nothing since that time.

Reactions: faithey

BigCastle

Jan 29, 2017
We received a medical request on saturday, along with a request for a DCPJ certificate. Does anyone here know how long it takes to get the DCPJ certificate?