Police clearance certificate?express entry

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kriwebs said:
Hello Everyone,

If I submit a acknowledgement receipt saying that I have applied for pcc because it's a long process about 3-4 months. would it be okay and can I upload it when I receive my pcc later? even after I submit my documents to CIC after received ITA?

Thanks
Kriwebs
Yes. Recommend that you submit your post ITA application close to the 55th day or later as well. This buys you additional time as the officer is likely to give you 30 day extension.

DOD

Feb 24, 2016
Hello, I have read through this thread extensively and am hoping to get a clear answer. I have received ITA for EE on Jan 27, 2016. When I accepted and proceeded to complete the profile, it said I need to provide documents for the last 10 years or since I turned 18 years, whichever is recent.

I am 31 years old.

I am an Indian, but have not lived in India since 2003 (13 years till date). Do I need to provide a PCC from India when I submit my profile?

Thank you

wildemam

Nov 10, 2015
GTA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DOD said:
Hello, I have read through this thread extensively and am hoping to get a clear answer. I have received ITA for EE on Jan 27, 2016. When I accepted and proceeded to complete the profile, it said I need to provide documents for the last 10 years or since I turned 18 years, whichever is recent.

I am 31 years old.

I am an Indian, but have not lived in India since 2003 (13 years till date). Do I need to provide a PCC from India when I submit my profile?

Thank you
You do not need to get the PCC for India as you never was there for the last 10 years.

VaibhavN

Star Member
Aug 26, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
'Multiple' doesn't imply that you need more than 1 PCC if you've lived in multiple provinces/states within the same country. 'Multiple' implies that some applicants might need to provide more than 1 PCC as they might have lived in more than 1 country for 6 months or more in a row since turning 18. That 'multiple' message is a generic message which doesn't apply to all applicants.

PCC issued by Indian passport authorities is not bound by time or geography and is accepted by CIC. PCC issued by provincial/state level police authorities might be time-bound and/or geography-bound and such PCCs have been refused by CIC in the recent past.
Hi Asivad,
I got my PCC based on info at cic site from local police station. My PCC has been issued by Superintendent of Police and it mentions my current permanent address and it says it is valid for visa purposes only. There are no time or geographical limits. If any changes in it can help me please advice, I will request that to SP office. I can also get a letter from MC stating that I live at this address since I am 18 and if required can get it attested by police authorities too. Please guide.

siddhartha_gautama

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
I was in USA in 2014 for more than 6 months (more than 10 years back).

Do I need to produce FBI PCC ?

I see conflicting acquirement about PCC:
1. Do we need PCC from all countries where we lived after the age of 18 years or
2. Do we need PCC from all countries where we lived in last ten years ?

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
siddhartha_gautama said:
I was in USA in 2014 for more than 6 months (more than 10 years back).

Do I need to produce FBI PCC ?

I see conflicting acquirement about PCC:
1. Do we need PCC from all countries where we lived after the age of 18 years or
2. Do we need PCC from all countries where we lived in last ten years ?
You need PCC from all countries after the age of 18 years.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp

Nanne

Feb 23, 2016
Hot2Cold said:
I am from India, but currently a resident in UAE. As per the CIC instuctions for this scenario, I believe that in my case I apply for a PCC from BLS (blsindiavisa-uae.com) in UAE. But for this I first need a UAE PCC. Can anyone who has applied for an Indian PCC in UAE confirm this?
Hi, Could you tell me what did you do in this case. I am in same situation now and would need guidance. Do we need PCC from UAE? How long did it take and what docs are required fr this?

Naren

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Nanne said:
Hi, Could you tell me what did you do in this case. I am in same situation now and would need guidance. Do we need PCC from UAE? How long did it take and what docs are required fr this?

Naren
Sent you a PM with details. Hope it helps.

Casperenoch

Feb 15, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2016
Doc's Request.
15-02-2016 (Sch A & Sch 4)
Nomination.....
12-01-2016
AOR Received.
15-02-2016
Med's Done....
06-02-2016
Passport Req..
10-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-05-2016
LANDED..........
29-11-2016
DOD said:

I am 31 years old.

Thank you
Have you travelled to India in those 13 years for more than 6 months ? Guidance from the IRCC's website below (although it's silent on whether the 6 months have to be in a row or not). My advice is for you to probably get one.

Note: This includes the requirement to provide a police certificate for countries in which the individual has traveled for six months or more, whether or not the individual had an established residential address during this time.

sushsmart15

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017
Casperenoch said:
Have you travelled to India in those 13 years for more than 6 months ? Guidance from the IRCC's websit below (although it's silent on whether the 6 months have to be in a row or not). My advice is for you to probably get one.

Note: This includes the requirement to provide a police certificate for countries in which the individual has traveled for six months or more, whether or not the individual had an established residential address during this time.
PCC is required for a country if an applicant has stayed in a country for 6 months or more in total, not necessarily in a row.

PiyushAgrawal06121985

Oct 20, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2015
Nomination.....
10-02-2016
AOR Received.
14-03-2016
Med's Request
None
Med's Done....
20-02-2016
I beg to differ. I think you would need your Indian PCC since I assume you are still an Indian citizen and are applying using an Indian Passport.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Casperenoch said:
Have you travelled to India in those 13 years for more than 6 months ? Guidance from the IRCC's website below (although it's silent on whether the 6 months have to be in a row or not). My advice is for you to probably get one.

I believe you will have to submit Indian PCC.

Richard A

Apr 11, 2016
Re: Police clearance certificate?

Got my fingerprinting done from Worldwide Forensic Services Inc. Canada. Real forensic professionals.

Fly2Can

Star Member
Apr 3, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is PCC issued on PP or as a separate document? Thanks in advance for answer.

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Fly2Can said:
Is PCC issued on PP or as a separate document? Thanks in advance for answer.
Mine was issued as a seperate document, and as a stamp in my passport as well. I did mine from a consulate as I am outside India.