+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police clearance certificate?express entry

New2Ca

Star Member
Feb 3, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
CIC website shows following requirement for PCC in India. How PCC received from PSK valid for overall stay in different addresses in different states in India? Even, CIC ePR document checklist shows PCC requirement multiple! Kindly help to clear this confusion.

If you are a citizen of India:

If you live in India:
For residents of Punjab: You can apply to your local Senior Superintendent of Police, or the senior ranking police official at the police station in your District.

For residents of other states: You can apply at your local District Police Station.

For residents of Delhi: You can apply at your local District Police Station or online on the Delhi Police website or on the Passport India website. The Web site will list what information and documents you need. If you apply online, your certificate will be returned to you electronically.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
New2Ca said:
Hi,
CIC website shows following requirement for PCC in India. How PCC received from PSK valid for overall stay in different addresses in different states in India? Even, CIC ePR document checklist shows PCC requirement multiple! Kindly help to clear this confusion.

If you are a citizen of India:

If you live in India:
For residents of Punjab: You can apply to your local Senior Superintendent of Police, or the senior ranking police official at the police station in your District.

For residents of other states: You can apply at your local District Police Station.

For residents of Delhi: You can apply at your local District Police Station or online on the Delhi Police website or on the Passport India website. The Web site will list what information and documents you need. If you apply online, your certificate will be returned to you electronically.
'Multiple' doesn't imply that you need more than 1 PCC if you've lived in multiple provinces/states within the same country. 'Multiple' implies that some applicants might need to provide more than 1 PCC as they might have lived in more than 1 country for 6 months or more in a row since turning 18. That 'multiple' message is a generic message which doesn't apply to all applicants.

PCC issued by Indian passport authorities is not bound by time or geography and is accepted by CIC. PCC issued by provincial/state level police authorities might be time-bound and/or geography-bound and such PCCs have been refused by CIC in the recent past.

New2Ca

Star Member
Feb 3, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks a lot Asivad! But, the confusion still persists from the CIC website information regarding obtaining of PCC from 'Local SP Office'. Can u please see it?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
New2Ca said:
Thanks a lot Asivad! But, the confusion still persists from the CIC website information regarding obtaining of PCC from 'Local SP Office'. Can u please see it?
Yes, this change happened somewhere around May 2015. One person (I believe his username is "mumbai11") got rejected because he got a PCC from the local police station and it was time/geography bound. Do not take this risk. PCC issued by PSK is NOT time/geography bound and you also get a marking on your passport. Even more authentic than the police station issued certificate.

People have been submitting their PSK issued PCC lately and I haven't heard of any rejection whatsoever owing to submitting a PCC from PSK.

pspandya

Star Member
Jul 1, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
07-08-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Asivad Anac said:
'Multiple' doesn't imply that you need more than 1 PCC if you've lived in multiple provinces/states within the same country. 'Multiple' implies that some applicants might need to provide more than 1 PCC as they might have lived in more than 1 country for 6 months or more in a row since turning 18. That 'multiple' message is a generic message which doesn't apply to all applicants.

PCC issued by Indian passport authorities is not bound by time or geography and is accepted by CIC. PCC issued by provincial/state level police authorities might be time-bound and/or geography-bound and such PCCs have been refused by CIC in the recent past.
Hi Asivad,
Please help me here... My spouse is a main applicant and I have applied as a dependent. Now he has a PSK (passport authority) issued PCC but due to short of time (deadline after ITA was approaching close) I got my PVC from local district police, though in the meantime I have applied though PSK in case CIC raises a query, we can submit. But is this something I should be worried about? I am from early August batch and had BG started since November and waiting eagerly fr good news fr PPR... Thanks

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
pspandya said:
Hi Asivad,
Please help me here... My spouse is a main applicant and I have applied as a dependent. Now he has a PSK (passport authority) issued PCC but due to short of time (deadline after ITA was approaching close) I got my PVC from local district police, though in the meantime I have applied though PSK in case CIC raises a query, we can submit. But is this something I should be worried about? I am from early August batch and had BG started since November and waiting eagerly fr good news fr PPR... Thanks
Does your PVC have dates/place mentioned? If yes, then you should be worried. Otherwise, it is not an issue. Your PSK PCC should come anywhere between 10 - 15 days.

pspandya

Star Member
Jul 1, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
07-08-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
rajkamalmohanram said:
Does your PVC have dates/place mentioned? If yes, then you should be worried. Otherwise, it is not an issue. Your PSK PCC should come anywhere between 10 - 15 days.
U made me more worried as yes it mentions the date I am residing at that place from (as I got married and I have a new address in the same city) but it doesn't mention the validity r dates as such. PSK at least takes more than 20-25 days, personal experience!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
pspandya said:
U made me more worried as yes it mentions the date I am residing at that place from (as I got married and I have a new address in the same city) but it doesn't mention the validity r dates as such. PSK at least takes more than 20-25 days, personal experience!
Well, I am sorry if I made you more worried but that is the truth. It doesn't mean your application will be rejected too, that was just a heads up. I really hope you get your PPR soon! Good luck!

PiyushAgrawal06121985

Oct 20, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2015
Nomination.....
10-02-2016
AOR Received.
14-03-2016
Med's Request
None
Med's Done....
20-02-2016
pspandya said:
I was under the impression that PSK is usually quite quick (not 20-25 days). I figure you have had the police verification piece triggered again for you which is why it took so long.

pspandya

Star Member
Jul 1, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
07-08-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
rajkamalmohanram said:
Well, I am sorry if I made you more worried but that is the truth. It doesn't mean your application will be rejected too, that was just a heads up. I really hope you get your PPR soon! Good luck!
Thank you Raj... Also one more thing I am in lieu of getting PSK PCC in some 10 days. For safer side, can I upload it and notify CIC that I have one now to be on safer side. Luckily my husband, who is A main applicant had submitted the PSK approved PCC. Please guide... And thank you for your wishes.... :)

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
pspandya said:
Thank you Raj... Also one more thing I am in lieu of getting PSK PCC in some 10 days. For safer side, can I upload it and notify CIC that I have one now to be on safer side. Luckily my husband, who is A main applicant had submitted the PSK approved PCC. Please guide... And thank you for your wishes.... :)
Well, after you get your PCC, you can raise a CSE and upload it to them. You can probably ask them to add this document to your file.

pspandya

Star Member
Jul 1, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
07-08-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
rajkamalmohanram said:
Well, after you get your PCC, you can raise a CSE and upload it to them. You can probably ask them to add this document to your file.
Ok thanks a lot!

OmarSarfraz

Jul 25, 2014
Hello everyone,

In case I get my Police certificate and submit my application and then go for a holiday...is it an issue?

As I heard the police certificate should be latest...

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OmarSarfraz said:
Hello everyone,

In case I get my Police certificate and submit my application and then go for a holiday...is it an issue?

As I heard the police certificate should be latest...
Doesn't matter if you go on a vacation after submitting your application.

Kriwebs

Jun 20, 2015
Gujarat
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Sch-4 on 18-04-2016
Nomination.....
24-02-2016
AOR Received.
17-04-2016
Med's Done....
05-04-2016
Hello Everyone,

If I submit a acknowledgement receipt saying that I have applied for pcc because it's a long process about 3-4 months. would it be okay and can I upload it when I receive my pcc later? even after I submit my documents to CIC after received ITA?

Thanks
Kriwebs