+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police clearance certificate?express entry

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
One_Topsy said:
Hi Guys,

Just to confirm, does PCC have any validity period?
Yes. When you submit the application, the PCC (current country of residence) must NOT be more than 6 months old.

Foreign country PCCs are valid indefinitely if they were obtained when you last left the country and NEVER went back again.

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
rajkamalmohanram said:
Yes. When you submit the application, the PCC (current country of residence) must NOT be more than 6 months old.

Foreign country PCCs are valid indefinitely if they were obtained when you last left the country and NEVER went back again.
Thanks, and the date on this doesn't affect landing? I need only 1 PCC, but read it's valid for a year or so.

If i do get the PCC now i'm fine as long as I apply for PR before April end?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
One_Topsy said:
Thanks, and the date on this doesn't affect landing? I need only 1 PCC, but read it's valid for a year or so.

If i do get the PCC now i'm fine as long as I apply for PR before April end?
The date mentioned on the PCC doesn't matter to CIC. They want police certificate that is not older than 6 months from the current country of residence. It is enough if it is valid at the time you submit your eAPR. Same goes for IELTS and ECA. It doesn't have to be valid till you land.

vibhu_kk

Oct 14, 2015
The document checklist states that:
"You must provide a police certificate for every country, region or territory, other than Canada, where you lived for six months or more"

Does it mean I need a PCC for all the cities/states I have lived in? I have lived for more than 6 months in many other states/cities within India, but I have been residing at my current residence for the last 2.5 years. Although in location history while filing the ITA, it asks me address of all locations I have lived in for the last 10yrs! Please help.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vibhu_kk said:
The document checklist states that:
"You must provide a police certificate for every country, region or territory, other than Canada, where you lived for six months or more"

Does it mean I need a PCC for all the cities/states I have lived in? I have lived for more than 6 months in many other states/cities within India, but I have been residing at my current residence for the last 2.5 years. Although in location history while filing the ITA, it asks me address of all locations I have lived in for the last 10yrs! Please help.
1 PCC for the country. You don't need to get PCC for each city/state separately.

Region/territory in that sentence indicates certain countries/nation states that might not be recognized as an independent country by some other countries not individual provinces/states of independent countries.

sushsmart15

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017
GokulGuruprasad said:
For an Indian PCC, is it enough for us to apply for the PCC at the Passport Office or do we have to approach the Police directly?
Get your Indian PCC from PSK - Passport Seva Kendra.

GokulGuruprasad

Oct 26, 2015
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
sushsmart15 said:
Get your Indian PCC from PSK - Passport Seva Kendra.
Thanks. Great to know that. Any idea how long the process takes? My current address and the one on the passport is the same, so would they issue the certificate on the same day or within a few days?

Also, in one of the websites of CIC, it was mentioned that Delhi residents can apply from the PSK and all other states have to go to the local police stations for application. I hope the PSK thing applies to me as well as I'm from Bombay.

StAnger

Nov 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GokulGuruprasad said:
Thanks. Great to know that. Any idea how long the process takes? My current address and the one on the passport is the same, so would they issue the certificate on the same day or within a few days?

Also, in one of the websites of CIC, it was mentioned that Delhi residents can apply from the PSK and all other states have to go to the local police stations for application. I hope the PSK thing applies to me as well as I'm from Bombay.
If your passport was issued within a past year, pcc will be given to you on the same day. On the contrary, they will have to redo police checks and in that case you might get a pcc within 10 to 15 days.

Yes psk pcc is valid. Their has been substantial debate in this topic and rest assured the verdict is out in favour of the psk pcc. Unless ofcourse you want to start a new one.

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
I am from India, but currently a resident in UAE. As per the CIC instuctions for this scenario, I believe that in my case I apply for a PCC from BLS (blsindiavisa-uae.com) in UAE. But for this I first need a UAE PCC. Can anyone who has applied for an Indian PCC in UAE confirm this?

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
One more query just to confirm. My wife who is also from India, and is included in the application, has not lived in India for more than 6 months since she was 16. So sh does not need a PCC from India does she? Or should we get one as it is her home country? I would prefer to get one as I'd rather be safe than sorry.

ciao2015

Jan 10, 2016
Hi. I am new here and I have one question.

Do I need a police certificate from USA where I spent on a tourist visa 6 months (lenght of visa) in 2003.

Thanks in advance

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hot2Cold said:
One more query just to confirm. My wife who is also from India, and is included in the application, has not lived in India for more than 6 months since she was 16. So sh does not need a PCC from India does she? Or should we get one as it is her home country? I would prefer to get one as I'd rather be safe than sorry.
I'd say it is not required but get one just in case. I have heard of a case where a person was requested for a US PCC when he was there only for 5 months. CIC is unpredictable - Better safe than sorry. Get an Indian PCC for her.